4 port USB charger that can actually deliver 2.4A per port?

RejZoR

I was looking for USB charger with 4x USB ports that can actually do 2.4A on every port no matter the load, totaling output of 48W. To my surprise, all these 4 port chargers seem to do some stupid nonsense where it sort of delivers 2.4A on 1 port, but as soon as you connect more devices it drops to 2A or even less and reading their total wattage, it's usually 32W, 36W or max 40W. Which doesn't make sense. You can't do 4x12W (2.4A) and have total output of only 40W.

I've looked at all the major brands like Anker, Aukey, RAVPower and none seems to offer this. I don't get it what makes this tiny more power such a huge problem. There are models with 6 ports, but they end up being 60W so we're at 10W per port again.

7 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I was looking for USB charger with 4x USB ports that can actually do 2.4A on every port no matter the load, totaling output of 48W. To my surprise, all these 4 port chargers seem to do some stupid nonsense where it sort of delivers 2.4A on 1 port, but as soon as you connect more devices it drops to 2A or even less and reading their total wattage, it's usually 32W, 36W or max 40W.

Take a look at the Pirl Charger at https://www.pirlcharger.com/

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Would prefer one with direct wall socket plug and in plastic case just to be sure. Also a proven reliable thing, not an Indiegogo project that doesn't seem to follow it's roadmap to the end...

I have a 6 port charger that gets a fair bit of use and never noticed any problems. 

What sort of issues does the drops result in?

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

40 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Would prefer one with direct wall socket plug and in plastic case just to be sure. Also a proven reliable thing, not an Indiegogo project that doesn't seem to follow it's roadmap to the end...

Given the number of glowing reviews for it, I, personally, wouldn't have any problem with buying it. I mean, if I could afford to buy it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

53 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

So bigger risk of burning down when something breaks? And I can imagine that thing heating up quite a bit.

Moved to PSUs as this is bit too heavy duty to be in other sections.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

29 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

So bigger risk of burning down when something breaks? And I can imagine that thing heating up quite a bit.

Moved to PSUs as this is bit too heavy duty to be in other sections.

48W is considered "heavy duty" these days? Most chargers are 40W and aren't anything special...

@NineEyeRon

The drops in output power as you use more ports. Usually 2.4A is 1-2 ports, as soon as you occupy 3 or 4, it drops output on all of them to 1-2A...

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

48W is considered "heavy duty" these days? Most chargers are 40W and aren't anything special...

No, constant 2A output on all 4 ports is. Considering how hard it is for you to find one. Which is why this isn't in Peripherals or Phones and Tablets, the two other options.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

22 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

No, constant 2A output on all 4 ports is. Considering how hard it is for you to find one. Which is why this isn't in Peripherals or Phones and Tablets, the two other options.

Hard because ppl don't seem to know what they are buying and vendors just don't give a crap. They all advertise 2.4A on every port all at once and in the end none delivers it for real.

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

Hard because ppl don't seem to know what they are buying and vendors just don't give a crap. They all advertise 2.4A on every port all at once and in the end none delivers it for real.

For most it doesn’t matter much, their stuff still charges which is what they want.

There isn’t the drive from the majority of buys if they are like me and my Anker one. I have no complaints even if all 6 ports are in use.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

16 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

For most it doesn’t matter much, their stuff still charges which is what they want.

There isn’t the drive from the majority of buys if they are like me and my Anker one. I have no complaints even if all 6 ports are in use.

Yeah, I have one with 3 ports that should allegedly do 3.6A on a single port and yet it wasn't even charging my netbook fast enough to catch up with its use. Apparently it was running output at only 1A... That's why I need something that reliably outputs enough amps. And it seems to be really difficult thing to find.

After digging through piles of chargers, only closest thing I could find was RAVPower's (model: RP-PC026) 4 port charger with iSmart and 40W of total output. It should output 2.4A when not fully loaded and when fully loaded it'll still output 2A on every port which is sufficient in general. Anker only seems to have 4 port 36W models as far as European plugs go which is annoying as it can then only output 1.8A per port.