Where did the Headset/Earbud recommended tier list thread went?

Soujiro89

There used to be a thread that had a list of all headsets and earbuds tested by Linus and their tiers according to price. I can't seem to find it by searching or even googling the site.

Thanks.

This list isn't by Linus, but it used to be pinned in the audio sub forum:

Has many headphones and IEMs listed.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

This list isn't by Linus, but it used to be pinned in the audio sub forum:

Has many headphones and IEMs listed.

Thank you a lot! I wonder why it was unpinned.

3 hours ago, Soujiro89 said:

Thank you a lot! I wonder why it was unpinned.

its pretty outdated especially the iem list

2 hours ago, rice guru said:

But not irrelevant

40 minutes ago, EmoRarity said:

But not irrelevant

exactly but there is a lot of gear there that would probably end up removed and replaced with the current IEM market and with how fast that market moves and evolves. the DAC and amp narket has changed a significant amount and I would switch out or add some suff there . and Im pretty ok with a lot of the headphone reccs and wouldnt really remove any I would just add a lot. 

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

exactly but there is a lot of gear there that ewould probably end up removed and replaced with the current IEM market and with how fast that market moves and evolves. 

To which I disagree, the market hasnt invented anything new in years, so something old still performs, even if there is something newer. There is just new stuff that also performs. 

Just now, EmoRarity said:

To which I disagree, the market hasnt invented anything new in years, so something old still performs, even if there is something newer. There is just new stuff that also performs. 

the tin t2 basically kick starterted a lot of improvements in the IEM market.  things like more planar IEMs being made multi driver IEMs are getting cheaper and has basically devolved down to chif i chucking things at the wall adn see what stick and what stick is usually pretty damn good things like the tin t2, t4, mood drop kxxs, ikko's offerings , more fiio gear, maybe nothing new has really been invented but a lot more has been made and explred and lot more manufacturers have hopped on the scene both bad or good. 

its basically if one thing exists and performs better for cheaper or new models have come out I would just add and maybe switch out stuff that even the author himself didnt like. Im no audio expert though. I just know a lot of gear on these lists can easily be switched out for a newer better model of the same thing or something subpar even for the price but due to the time it was made you had no other choice

The list honestly gets quite outdated, especially for IEM since balanced armature driver iem gets cheaper and cheaper

7 hours ago, xtroria said:

The list honestly gets quite outdated, especially for IEM since balanced armature driver iem gets cheaper and cheaper

Aggreed same with planar and now we are getting faux electrostatic like the shouer tape 

17 hours ago, rice guru said:

I see Superlux in the list and I immediately wanna flip a table and smash a window. More treble doesn’t equal “better”. And it always annoys me how headphone reviews always go bananas over really bright headphones because all that matters is “detail”. I mean, what happened to personal enjoyment!? In other words, not getting your ears assaulted?

2 hours ago, kokakolia said:

I see Superlux in the list and I immediately wanna flip a table and smash a window. More treble doesn’t equal “better”. And it always annoys me how headphone reviews always go bananas over really bright headphones because all that matters is “detail”. I mean, what happened to personal enjoyment!? In other words, not getting your ears assaulted?

What if certain types of brightness is personal enjoyment though?. I quite enjoy how bright my 990's are ran off this specific amp that I use .

2 hours ago, rice guru said:

What if certain types of brightness is personal enjoyment though?. I quite enjoy how bright my 990's are ran off this specific amp that I use .

Well, I regret about half of the headphones  I bought due to excessive brightness. It makes alternative rock and indie sound awful. I mean... cymbal crashes TSSS!! TSSS!!! TSSS!!! (... yay! Forget the bass, the singer...I only wanna hear the cymbals... said no one!)

56 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Well, I regret about half of the headphones  I bought due to excessive brightness. It makes alternative rock and indie sound awful. I mean... cymbal crashes TSSS!! TSSS!!! TSSS!!! (... yay! Forget the bass, the singer...I only wanna hear the cymbals... said no one!)

Them fucking micro details though. Honestly I'm on the same boat as you. But I have very specific frequency sensitivities. 8k-9.5 k is a no-no region for me but a 10k bump? I'm ok with and enjoy.