i need some case recomendations

LamoidZombieDog
Go to solution Solved by oeci,

What about the Thermaltake View 71 TG ?

im looking for an ATX Case. It Must have a Left Side Tempered Glass Window, Cost less then 500$ USD on amazon, Must have USB 3.0, would really like USB C as well but not required, and would also prefer all ports be usb 3.0 none 2.0, And preferbly not cooler master, as my current case sucks and after having very bad experiences with them, i dont want their products.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

6 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

im looking for an ATX Case. It Must have a Left Side Tempered Glass Window, Cost less then 500$ USD on amazon, Must have USB 3.0, would really like USB C as well but not required, and would also prefer all ports be usb 3.0 none 2.0, And preferbly not cooler master, as my current case sucks and after having very bad experiences with them, i dont want their products.

Hello,

You have the Fractal Design S6/C, Vision, Vector or Meshify S2/C with a better airflow (they are basically the same apart the front panel).

From Phanteks you have the P600S or P400A.

1 minute ago, Plouffe said:

Hello,

You have the Fractal Design S6/C, Vision, Vector or Meshify S2/C with a better airflow (they are basically the same apart the front panel).

From Phanteks you have the P600S or P400A.

i cant find anything with S6/C, do you mean R6?

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Just now, LamoidZombieDog said:

Also while the Style of Fractal is interesting, it just doesnt seem to be for me. im looking for one of those really large crazy looking cases. kind of like how my current cooler master HAF X (which i hate) is large with 6 5.25" Bays and 6 Hard drive bays.

7 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

Yes my bad it's the Define R6 or S2. Define C is the same but smaller.

8 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

Also while the Style of Fractal is interesting, it just doesnt seem to be for me. im looking for one of those really large crazy looking cases. kind of like how my current cooler master HAF X (which i hate) is large with 6 5.25" Bays and 6 Hard drive bays.

If you want bigger I can think of the Enthoo 719 and the Enthoo Luxe II should be out in some days, it's the same as the 719 but with a mesh front panel. But they come without fans so you need to buy them seperatly.

Otherwise you have the Corsair 1000D which is very huge.

55 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

I can definitely recommend Fractal design but if you dont like their style then there are alternatives.

What type of cooling have you planned on using for your CPU ?

Aircooler, AIO, Custom waterloop ?

I have had the Lian Li 011 Dynamic for about 1 year it was great to build in and it looks great with good airflow.

In the fron I/O you have 1x USB-C + 2x USB 3,0

The only problem with this case is that you can't fit a big aircooler like Noctua NH-D15 or Be Quiet DRP4.

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

Just now, Plouffe said:

Yes my bad it's the Define R6 or S2. Define C is the same but smaller.

If you want bigger I can think of the Enthoo 719 and the Enthoo Luxe II should be out in some days, it's the same as the 719 but with a mesh front panel. But they come without fans so you need to buy them seperatly.

Otherwise you have the Corsair 1000D which is very huge.

i actually just looked at the Corsair Obsidian Series 1000D, and it is just to long to fit on my desk in the new spot the PC will be in of course. 

the other cases do look interesting.

18 minutes ago, Boyohan said:

I can definitely recommend Fractal design but if you dont like their style then there are alternatives.

What type of cooling have you planned on using for your CPU ?

Aircooler, AIO, Custom waterloop ?

I have had the Lian Li 011 Dynamic for about 1 year it was great to build in and it looks great with good airflow.

In the fron I/O you have 1x USB-C + 2x USB 3,0

The only problem with this case is that you can't fit a big aircooler like Noctua NH-D15 or Be Quiet DRP4.

Im looking to go AIO. for the past year ive been running off a way to small Be Quiet! Air cooler and its making my CPU way to hot.

Ive seen the dynamic Lian Li ones a lot, i know they have the Razer version, which i like specifically because its easy to control the LEDs, but would rather not have the razer logo right into the glass. while its not at the top of my list, im defidently interested in it.

Also something i forgot to mention, Having a Vertical GPU Mount would be pretty cool. but not required.

5 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

Also something i forgot to mention, Having a Vertical GPU Mount would be pretty cool. but not required.

Phanteks P600S has all you want then :P

1 minute ago, Plouffe said:

Phanteks P600S has all you want then :P

this? https://smile.amazon.com/Phanteks-Performance-Tempered-dampening-Anthracite/dp/B07N1MBZ1W/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Phanteks+P600S&qid=1579598619&sr=8-1

i really wish it had a glass front, to do some sort of fancy LED system with the fans, but this is a nice case, and i will look into it more in the morning. Thanks

9 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

this? https://smile.amazon.com/Phanteks-Performance-Tempered-dampening-Anthracite/dp/B07N1MBZ1W/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Phanteks+P600S&qid=1579598619&sr=8-1

i really wish it had a glass front, to do some sort of fancy LED system with the fans, but this is a nice case, and i will look into it more in the morning. Thanks

Yes it's this one, you can remove the little panel and can see the LED from it, not as good as a glass front though indeed.

22 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

i actually just looked at the Corsair Obsidian Series 1000D, and it is just to long to fit on my desk in the new spot the PC will be in of course. 

the other cases do look interesting.

Im looking to go AIO. for the past year ive been running off a way to small Be Quiet! Air cooler and its making my CPU way to hot.

Ive seen the dynamic Lian Li ones a lot, i know they have the Razer version, which i like specifically because its easy to control the LEDs, but would rather not have the razer logo right into the glass. while its not at the top of my list, im defidently interested in it.

Another suggestion is Corsair Obsidian 500D

Also for the Lian Li 011 Dynamic as I mentioned earlier.

In my case I have a vertical GPU mount from cooler master.

There is still room so you can fit intake fans in the bottom with this GPU mount installed.

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Accessory-MasterBox-MasterCase/dp/B071P862G1/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=vertical+cooler+master&qid=1579599679&sr=8-1

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

6 hours ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

im looking for one of those really large crazy looking cases. kind of like how my current cooler master HAF X 

The new Thermaltake LEvel 20 RS?

level20rs_1.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The new Thermaltake LEvel 20 RS?

level20rs_1.jpg

that thing actually looks pretty damn good, i will look into that right now.

Ive Still been looking at the Darkflash Phantom Black, as it looks great in my opinion, but ive had people say it has bad Airflow

https://www.amazon.com/darkFlash-Mid-Tower-Computer-Tempered-Pre-Installed/dp/B07F1YSB9M/ref=sr_1_22?keywords=corsair+atx+case&qid=1579594124&sr=8-22

What about the Corsair Obsidian 750D (or the "Airflow Edition")? Less over the top than the 1000D but still spacious.

There is no replacement for RGB except more RGB ?

2 minutes ago, oeci said:

What about the Corsair Obsidian 750D (or the "Airflow Edition")? Less over the top than the 1000D but still spacious.

Im king of looking for something like the 1000D, with an all glass design, which this unfortunately does not have.

1 hour ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

Ive Still been looking at the Darkflash Phantom Black, as it looks great in my opinion, but ive had people say it has bad Airflow

That's because they didnt space out the glass in the front far enough to allow a good amount of air into the case. 

image.png.4a3e7ba8c5308b2f176dd82f747c5588.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, oeci said:

What about the Thermaltake View 71 TG ?

to be honest, this has just about everything i want. i might have to go with this.

Well it certainly ticks a lot of boxes of your initial post. And it looks kind of nice, at least if you're into the tempered glass thing. I wanted to go with a tempered glass case too until I realized that they are too heavy for me. 3 to 4 times a year I take my PC to a friends place to play games and I simply don't feel like lifting a PC of which the empty case alone weighs 18 kg.

There is no replacement for RGB except more RGB ?

29 minutes ago, oeci said:

Well it certainly ticks a lot of boxes of your initial post. And it looks kind of nice, at least if you're into the tempered glass thing. I wanted to go with a tempered glass case too until I realized that they are too heavy for me. 3 to 4 times a year I take my PC to a friends place to play games and I simply don't feel like lifting a PC of which the empty case alone weighs 18 kg.

Why is there like 10 models of the same case in the Amazon link though? Some are over 100$ more but only appear to just have one extra fan pre installed. I will get this case, just wondering which version to get

8 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

That's because they didnt space out the glass in the front far enough to allow a good amount of air into the case. 

Is there any chance to mod this yourself at home? Add some rubber washers or something like that.

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

3 minutes ago, Whiro said:

Is there any chance to mod this yourself at home? Add some rubber washers or something like that.

Yeah you could. But the case @oeci sent here I like way better now.

2 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

Yeah you could. But the case @oeci sent here I like way better now.

Fair enough ? so get that Thermaltake case 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

1 minute ago, Whiro said:

Fair enough ? so get that Thermaltake case 

I just need to figure out why there is 8 different models with huge price differences but it seems they only have like one extra fan or one less fan. It's hard to tell from a phone, I'll have to get to my PC and checj