DICE Ignoring Feedback for BF4

Kilerbomb

So I went to check news on BF4, since I haven't in a while, and saw a list of feedback for balancing they had gotten and their views on it. At first I thought "Great! They're actually listening to the community!" Nope. I was 100% wrong. Here's a list of 10 things that were brought to their attention:

5FO4zoH.png

Nearly all of the items listed are huge balance issues, but DICE seem to think otherwise. What the hell is the point of allowing people to provide feedback if you aren't even going to listen to it?  

DICE has completely thrown almost all feedback out the window. I don't think that they understand that it matters far more what the majority of the players think is balanced than what DICE think is balanced. My hope for Battlefield is dwindling more and more every day.

What are your thoughts on this?

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

*sighs* 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

So I went to check news on BF4, since I haven't in a while, and saw a list of feedback for balancing they had gotten and their views on it. At first I thought "Great! They're actually listening to the community!" Nope. I was 100% wrong. Here's a list of 10 things that were brought to their attention:

Nearly all of the items listed are huge balance issues, but DICE seem to think otherwise. What the hell is the point of allowing people to provide feedback if you aren't even going to listen to it?  

DICE has completely thrown almost all feedback out the window. I don't think that they understand that it matters far more what the majority of the players think is balanced than what DICE think is balanced. My hope for Battlefield is dwindling more and more every day.

BF4 is junk anyway. Bf3 is still way more fun. Bf4 feels like some sort of cod wannabe. 

BF4 is junk anyway. Bf3 is still way more fun. Bf4 feels like some sort of cod wannabe. 

I 100% agree.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

I read through most of the issues and they do seem to be a reasonable response to the concerns. But then again I haven't played BF4 so don't know if the issues are more unreasonable then they sound.

I read through most of the issues and they do seem to be a reasonable response to the concerns. But then again I haven't played BF4 so don't know if the issues are more unreasonable then they sound.

Trust me, many of these issues are big deals. Especially MAA damage and air vehicle countermeasure reload times. When you are in any helicopter, you are completely bombarded with stingers and lock-on missiles. Flares take 22 seconds to reload... during that time, a single person can fire 6 stinger missiles at you. Think of 3 people simultaneously trying to shoot you with stingers. Oh and also, when you get hit with a stinger you start falling down to the ground, can barely move, and loose all control of your vehicle. I'd be fine with a long-ish countermeasure reload time if I wasn't completely immobilized every time I get hit.

Now think about all that happening and on top of that, you have a Mobile Anti-Air gun constantly shooting at you with turrets and lock-on missiles as well.

Project MiniConsole

I agree with Dice on some points and disagree on others.

The ACE 23 for example isn't OP. It's the best alround rifle but not always on top.

The attack helicopters don't need more manveuverabillity. I just say: flying through production halls on Zavod 311.

What still fucks me up in BF4 is helicopters and jets shooting missiles on infantry. But there's really not much you can do about it i guess.

But what really pisses me off is when people use FLAK tanks to shoot infantry. People who do that can burn in hell together with VGA and TN panels! And that could easily be fixed! Just don't allow a lower aiming angle than, say 10°. Then for defense against infantry add a MG on top, which is controlled by a 2nd player. DONE.

who cares...

Trust me, many of these issues are big deals. Especially MAA damage and air vehicle countermeasure reload times. When you are in any helicopter, you are completely bombarded with stingers and lock-on missiles. Flares take 22 seconds to reload... during that time, a single person can fire 6 stinger missiles at you. Think of 3 people simultaneously trying to shoot you with stingers. Oh and also, when you get hit with a stinger you start falling down to the ground, can barely move, and loose all control of your vehicle. I'd be fine with a long-ish countermeasure reload time if I wasn't completely immobilized every time I get hit. Now think about all that happening and on top of that, you have a Mobile Anti-Air gun constantly shooting at you with turrets and lock-on missiles as well.

not to mention that when you're a vehicle you get immobilized for several seconds when shot by an rpg etc.. pretty much guaranteeing that you are f*cked. 

not to mention that when you're a vehicle you get immobilized for several seconds when shot by an rpg etc.. pretty much guaranteeing that you are f*cked. 

The mobility hit is the absolute worst thing that was put into BF4. It completely removes ANY competitive aspect of vehicles and removes the gap between noob and veteran, as well as making vehicles a pain in the ass to drive.

Project MiniConsole

Some of the points I feel the reasoning is fine. But there are a few things not mentioned that need a little work though.
But so do all other games.

I will still play it and enjoy it.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Trust me, many of these issues are big deals. Especially MAA damage and air vehicle countermeasure reload times. When you are in any helicopter, you are completely bombarded with stingers and lock-on missiles. Flares take 22 seconds to reload... during that time, a single person can fire 6 stinger missiles at you. Think of 3 people simultaneously trying to shoot you with stingers. Oh and also, when you get hit with a stinger you start falling down to the ground, can barely move, and loose all control of your vehicle. I'd be fine with a long-ish countermeasure reload time if I wasn't completely immobilized every time I get hit.

Now think about all that happening and on top of that, you have a Mobile Anti-Air gun constantly shooting at you with turrets and lock-on missiles as well.

That does sound bad but I can imagine it's tricky to balance because you don't want to make vehicles too hard to shoot down either. It seems bad that you lose control of a vehicle when being shot down so that sounds like it needs to be fixed, but if multiple people are ready to shoot your down, that just seems like players doing what they should.

From everything negative I've heard about the game though it seems like they aren't doing a great job. Although negative feedback is fairly extreme in modern FPS games like Battlefield and Call of Duty so sometimes things aren't as bad as the vocal community makes them out to be.

We should expect from them just to don't make game worse than to making it more playable - thats what DICE thinking :(

Right now they really just need to get rid of the Active Radar Misses, they are way to OP and I know since I use them (can't blame me for using the most effective AA missile).  I also wish the would lower the damage model of Anti Tank rockets against helicopters.  There have been countless times where I had a Scout Heli with 100% vehicle health and somebody gets a lucky shot with an RPG or SMAW and kills me instantly.

BC2>bf3>Bf4

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

BC2>bf3>Bf4

I am actually considering trying out some of the older Battlefield games.  BF4 is pretty much the first I've owned (I used to play BF 1942 at my friends house) and even though I am enjoying the game and I paid for premium and all that, the issues in game can be pretty fatiguing and I would like to try something similar with more polish.

I am actually considering trying out some of the older Battlefield games.  BF4 is pretty much the first I've owned (I used to play BF 1942 at my friends house) and even though I am enjoying the game and I paid for premium and all that, the issues in game can be pretty fatiguing and I would like to try something similar with more polish.

BF3 is far superior to BF4, and you can pick it up for less than $10 if you catch it on sale or in a humble bundle. It still has a large player-base, as well.

Project MiniConsole

Bad company 2 is just many times better than BF3 and 4

when i was young i was a BF1942 addict :)

bf4 is a big pile of fail i didnt bother buying ill probably buy it when premium and the game cost 10$

Bf3 is better over all you can get it cheap

take a look at BC2 its addictive

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Bad company 2 is just many times better than BF3 and 4

when i was young i was a BF1942 addict :)

bf4 is a big pile of fail i didnt bother buying ill probably buy it when premium and the game cost 10$

Bf3 is better over all you can get it cheap

take a look at BC2 its addictive

Especially BC2 Vietnam. That's probably the most fun I've ever had with a BF game.

I'm with @Fooshi here. Those are things that are upcoming. They have done some little tweaking to DMRs with last patch but so far nothing else. As noted in my topic few weeks ago http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/108970-my-thoughts-on-battlefield-4-jan-30th-and-upcoming-patches/ So get you facts straight. If patches would be released all the time, ppl would whine about them since they obviously are bad quality. And nobody wants to dl patches all the time.

But what really pisses me off is when people use FLAK tanks to shoot infantry. People who do that can burn in hell together with VGA and TN panels! And that could easily be fixed! Just don't allow a lower aiming angle than, say 10°. Then for defense against infantry add a MG on top, which is controlled by a 2nd player. DONE.

I have to disagree. What they should do is to lower damage on infantry. But as seen in tanks and APCs, MG on top isn't valid way to defend against AT soldiers. It would need to point so close or speed of AA would have to be increased.

BC2>bf3>Bf4

BC2 is most console game in whole series. Gameplay is laggy and not smooth at all, maps are smaller than in CoD and hitreg is one of the worst ever. Thats my opinion. I know those who started BF then think its best. For me gameplay wise its BF2>BF4>BF3, comp BF2>BF3>(BC2/BF4), map design BF2>BF3>BF4.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'm with @Fooshi here. Those are things that are upcoming. They have done some little tweaking to DMRs with last patch but so far nothing else. As noted in my topic few weeks ago http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/108970-my-thoughts-on-battlefield-4-jan-30th-and-upcoming-patches/ So get you facts straight. If patches would be released all the time, ppl would whine about them since they obviously are bad quality. And nobody wants to dl patches all the time.

I have to disagree. What they should do is to lower damage on infantry. But as seen in tanks and APCs, MG on top isn't valid way to defend against AT soldiers. It would need to point so close or speed of AA would have to be increased.

BC2 is most console game in whole series. Gameplay is laggy and not smooth at all, maps are smaller than in CoD and hitreg is one of the worst ever. Thats my opinion. I know those who started BF then think its best. For me gameplay wise its BF2>BF4>BF3, comp BF2>BF3>(BC2/BF4), map design BF2>BF3>BF4.

i started on Bf 1942 also played the moderwarefare mod and secret weapons of WWII a lot

from then on BF took a dive  bf2 and 2142 was ok but not as great

BC2 has much bigger maps than cod what are you talking about an example would be Heavy metal

if u still own BC2 take a loot at it again

i started on Bf 1942 also played the moderwarefare mod and secret weapons of WWII a lot

from then on BF took a dive  bf2 and 2142 was ok but not as great

BC2 has much bigger maps than cod what are you talking about an example would be Heavy metal

if u still own BC2 take a loot at it again

Those maps aren't "vanilla". When game came out, biggest CQ map was Atacama. And compared to other main games of series, those maps were really, really small. As for BF2, you could say I'm fanboy, I played that game 4n years, 3 of them comp.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

i second this. I am not a big FPS guy, but BF3 to me feels better. Having said that I only played BF4 beta

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

i second this. I am not a big FPS guy, but BF3 to me feels better. Having said that I only played BF4 beta

I played the full version, it's not any better even after months since released. I haven't had any issues as far as game breaking bugs that made me crash, however the overall unbalanced feel of the game and the way you just drop dead like a fly (you cant just hide easily in bf4 like bf3) just ruins it for me. Not to mention the vehicle mobility hit which immobilizes you, making it basically guaranteed you will keep getting shot at until you blow up when you're in a vehicle. 

In case you haven't noticed, that is the list of things the community suggested needed balancing, but DICE feel they need some more time to decide what to do, hence "monitoring". 

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01/balancing-bf4-grenades/

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01/bf4-balancing-vehicles/

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01/balancing-bf4-weapons/

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01/balancing-bf4-pistols/

Please tell me this proves DICE doesn't listen. Do your research before you throw around wild accusations.

Besides, with the commercial success of the game, more casual gamers are joining the fun, which means more dumb opinions that will more or less make something more OP than it already is. 2, 5, 6 and 10 are outcomes of such stupidity. 

These changes are actually planned to be added to the game sometime this month, some of them have already been added.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

I disagree completely. BF4 is far superior to battlefield 3. Also, it plays nothing like COD... The maps are way larger than even bf3

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|