PCIe splitter from x16 to 2x8 or 4x4, passive.

So i did have an older thread about this back then and was told that either i need to cash out a lot of money for active splitters, or i need to have a motherboard which supports PCIe Bifurcation. So i got my hands on an Asus X99 Deluxe. AFAIK it supports that (tho most if not all x99 should).

I googled around a bit, checked ebay and even aliexpress, but i can't find any PCIe splitters other than those mining x1's or x4 to 4x1. Does anyone know where you can even get them? Passive ones, not the overpriced active ones :P

I'm having trouble figuring out if literally, passive PCIe splitting is possible because the first 22 pins are basically board power and slot management and a quick glance on the interwebs for PCIe splitters for mining show that they're likely not passive in that they contain a PCIe switch to distribute x number of lanes to the rest of the slots.

Contact Amerirack and ask to buy :

ARC1-PELY423-C7V3

image.png.54cc90ee0aea6115f95d980cf09e972c.png

PCIe bifurcated/trifurcated riser, split from one PCIe x16 or x8 to dual/triple PCIe x16, fixed or flexible riser for 1U, 2U or custom chassis, either to face over or away from the board.

Riser in fixed or flexbile w/various cable length. PCIe 3.0 Gen3 compatible. Use trifurcated riser ARC2-435 to split from one x16 lane to three PCIe lanes (x8,x4,x4).
Please verify with us or your board manufacturer to make sure the board supports bifurcation.

428 is x8 to  2 x8 (mechanical) , x4 electrical

435 is x16 to x8 + x4 + x4

423 is probably x16 to 2 x8 , not sure. See page at link, at bottom. Ask.

ARC2-733-X

Mixes of pci-e x16 to 2 pci-e , or  pci-e to  pci-x (an advanced classic pci slot you don't need) + pci-e

lots of part numbers you can choose cable orientation, connectors on the riser etc

image.png.2fff302e6cc6e35ec6a71cf99c352169.png

2U up to 3-slots PCIe/PCI/PCI-X independent connection w/custom lengths of EMI shielded ribbon cable.

PCIe slots and goldfingers can be configured to PCIe x1, x4, x8 or x16, PCIe 3.0 Gen3 compatible.
Picture shown is riser with 2-slots PCIe X8 which can be configured up to 3-slots independent expansions( 3-slots PCIe, 2-slots PCIe + 1-slot PCI/PCIX or 1-slot PCIe + 2-slots PCI-X independent). The top riser slot sit to the board slot6 which aligns to the horizontal three-slots cutout of the 2U chassis, the middle and bottom slots are connected with various lengths of ribbon cable to reach different position of board slots.

some ebay options

PCIe bifurcation PCI Express bifurcated Riser x8x8 Dual GPU Triple Slot Left | eBay

PCIe bifurcation PCI Express bifurcated Riser x8x8 for Ncase M1 | eBay

PCIe bifurcation PCI Express bifurcated Riser x8x8 Dual GPU Single Slot Left | eBay

PCIe bifurcation PCI Express bifurcated Riser x8x8 Dual GPU Dual Slot Left | eBay

11 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

I'm having trouble figuring out if literally, passive PCIe splitting is possible because the first 22 pins are basically board power and slot management and a quick glance on the interwebs for PCIe splitters for mining show that they're likely not passive in that they contain a PCIe switch to distribute x number of lanes to the rest of the slots.

Sorry, they are "passive" in the way that they don't have the additional chip on them for the boards that don't support the PCIe Bifurcation. But yes as long as they don't have the chip on them, they are technically passive and not too expensive ie. 50$ instead of 1000$ or so.

11 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Contact Amerirack and ask to buy :

ARC1-PELY423-C7V3

image.png.54cc90ee0aea6115f95d980cf09e972c.png

428 is x8 to  2 x8 (mechanical) , x4 electrical

435 is x16 to x8 + x4 + x4

423 is probably x16 to 2 x8 , not sure. See page at link, at bottom. Ask.

ARC2-733-X

Mixes of pci-e x16 to 2 pci-e , or  pci-e to  pci-x (an advanced classic pci slot you don't need) + pci-e

lots of part numbers you can choose cable orientation, connectors on the riser etc

image.png.2fff302e6cc6e35ec6a71cf99c352169.png

some ebay options

PCIe bifurcation PCI Express bifurcated Riser x8x8 Dual GPU Triple Slot Left | eBay

PCIe bifurcation PCI Express bifurcated Riser x8x8 for Ncase M1 | eBay

PCIe bifurcation PCI Express bifurcated Riser x8x8 Dual GPU Single Slot Left | eBay

PCIe bifurcation PCI Express bifurcated Riser x8x8 Dual GPU Dual Slot Left | eBay

Now that is a lengthy reply, thank you!

I'll check them out and see if there are any suitable ones, tho i feel like they'll be really pricey, but i'll contact them anyway and see, thanks!