Upgrade from 3570k and RX 580

Mihle

So I want a new computer soon, this is list of what I have nailed it down to until now:

CPU: Ryzen 3600(x) 221€/260€ or 3700X 363€ 
CPU Cooler: Included one, OR some not too expensive air cooler, not decided yet. Free or sub 40 € ish
Mobo: MSI B450M Mortar Max  120€ (Some people have told me to stay away from MSI but this is what seems like the best mATX B450 board that is guaranteed to have bios for Ryzen 3000)
GPU: RX 5700 XT, either Asus ROG Strix 496€ , Sapphire Pluse 446€ or Powercolor Red Devil 507€.

Case: Fractal Design Meshify Mini TG 97€ (was also considering Phantecks Enthoo mATX because it looks amazing but it seem to be discontinued and the store that still has it have put a high price on it)
Storage: Crucial MX500 1TB/2TB 130€/270€ OR Corsair MP510 960GB/1,92TB 160€/312€

PSU: Not decided yet

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Looks good.

If only gaming, go for 3600.

For motherboard you can get the msi b450m pro vdh max, it's as good, but cheaper.

I'd get the sapphire pulse, it's good and cheap. Or go for the nitro, as it's the best.

You didn't mention ram, get 2x8gb 3600 c16 if possible.

Case and storage looks good. There are some other possibly cheaper ssd brands that are also good: hp, sabrent rocket, adata, teamgroup, inland

For psu i'd recommend a corsair txm or rmx, a bequiet straight power or a bitfenix formula gold or whisper m. 550w should be enough.

7 hours ago, boggy77 said:

Looks good.

If only gaming, go for 3600.

For motherboard you can get the msi b450m pro vdh max, it's as good, but cheaper.

I'd get the sapphire pulse, it's good and cheap. Or go for the nitro, as it's the best.

You didn't mention ram, get 2x8gb 3600 c16 if possible.

Case and storage looks good. There are some other possibly cheaper ssd brands that are also good: hp, sabrent rocket, adata, teamgroup, inland

For psu i'd recommend a corsair txm or rmx, a bequiet straight power or a bitfenix formula gold or whisper m. 550w should be enough.

I do little bit, but not much of photo and video editing, but not very much. (want to do more, but knowing me that probably wont happen). (Not any 3d rendering or anything, just 2d video from camera).

That mobo is only 10€ cheaper, will Google it tho.

I forgot about ram. Was looking at both 2x8gb 3600 c16 and 3200 c15 really.

Also forgot I plan to get new/add some fans for the case.

Only one of those that exists in stores here that I saw, is Adata, and it was like maybe 5€, and internet seem to say Crucial is better.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

What would a good fan configuration in Meshify C Mini be? (Any number of fans)

-Stephen Hawking

• 2 weeks later...

How much would you pay for Nitro+ or Red Devil  over Pulse? (RX 5700 XT)

Also, doesn't it draw less power than RX 580 and should therefore be more silent than my sapphire nitro RX 580 that has 2 fans?

-Stephen Hawking

On 1/18/2020 at 9:46 AM, Mihle said:

remember to quote people to get a reply. i'd get a 5-pack of arctic pwm pst 120mm fans and put 2 in front as intake, 2 at the top (maybe one intake and one out) and the one in the back as exhaust.

15 hours ago, Mihle said:

How much would you pay for Nitro+ or Red Devil  over Pulse? (RX 5700 XT)

Also, doesn't it draw less power than RX 580 and should therefore be more silent than my sapphire nitro RX 580 that has 2 fans?

20 euros more probably.

XFX THICC III Ultra is also a top end card and usually cheaper

On 1/18/2020 at 2:46 AM, Mihle said:

Luke did a video on fan layout. Basically 2 front intake and 1 exhaust is pretty much optimum. Diminishing returns are so heavy for any subsequent pieces that they aren't worth spending much money on. 

Thanks...

Mortar Max is fine for 3700x, I don't need x570 right?

-Stephen Hawking

41 minutes ago, Mihle said:

Thanks...

Mortar Max is fine for 3700x, I don't need x570 right?

Yes, the mortar max is plenty for 3700x.

Is there any specific reason for going with micro atx form factor?

How much are you willing to spend? And where are you located at?

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

23 minutes ago, VEXICUS said:

Yes, the mortar max is plenty for 3700x.

Is there any specific reason for going with micro atx form factor?

How much are you willing to spend? And where are you located at?

I don't have a spesific budget really, or it's fluid depending on if paying more is worth it or not.

mATX because it's smaller and I do not see any benefits of ATX. (Other than more mobos exist but of there are mATX than is fine then why not?)

Norway.

-Stephen Hawking

49 minutes ago, Mihle said:

I don't have a spesific budget really, or it's fluid depending on if paying more is worth it or not.

mATX because it's smaller and I do not see any benefits of ATX. (Other than more mobos exist but of there are mATX than is fine then why not?)

Norway.

There you go mate.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (kr2011.00 @ CDON NO) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (kr979.00 @ CDON NO) Decent mobo. Can be upgraded to mortar max for a few bucks more.
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (kr929.00 @ CDON NO) Not many 3600mhz cl16 kits available in norway. The one which is imported from USA has high shippping costs. 
Storage: Silicon Power 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (kr1762.58 @ Newegg Norway) Phison e12 drive.
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB GAMING X Video Card  (kr4937.00 @ CDON NO) One of the best 5700xt out there.
Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (kr819.00 @ CDON NO) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (kr1239.00 @ CDON NO) Can be bumped up to a 650w unit for future upgrades.
Total: kr12676.58
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-01 11:45 CET+0100

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

@VEXICUS

Firstly, some said I should just go 5700 xt Pulse.

Secondly, Newegg is not someone I would buy from as it's not in Norway.

I rather want Meshify than Define because looks.

-Stephen Hawking

7 minutes ago, Mihle said:

@VEXICUS

Firstly, some said I should just go 5700 xt Pulse.

Secondly, Newegg is not someone I would buy from as it's not in Norway.

I rather want Meshify than Define because looks.

Maybe you can visit this thread first...

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

2 hours ago, VEXICUS said:

Maybe you can visit this thread first...

Pulse is 55€ cheaper, I don't think it's worth it unless someone proves that it is to me. Everyone else have said it's not work it. And it's almost the same price as Nitro+ anyway.

-Stephen Hawking

• 1 month later...

Now I am leaning towards:

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

CPU: AMD Ryzen R5 3600

CPU Cooler: Be Quiet Dark Rock 4

Mobo: MSI B450M Mortar Max

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 3200MHz c16 2x8GB

GPU: Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse

Storage: 2TB PNY CS3030 NVMe m.2

PSU: Corsair RM650x

Case Fans: 2x Noctua NF-A14 Chromax and 1x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax

-Stephen Hawking

Still debating 3600 Vs 3700x

And sort of started second questioning the 2TB SSD instead of 1TB I had decided on.

-Stephen Hawking