inaccurate reply's on LTT tweet

Ashleyyyy

so I saw this:

845541917_Screenshot2020-01-11at18_01_39.png.3f527547164b84b8d6bcd4930647384f.png

and I just wanna correct everyone replying to it. that menu is not Apple's. all the replies under that tweet are like yes apple bad woohoo, and sorry to tell you but you are all wrong. 

626713388_Screenshot2020-01-11at19_16_14.png.3577c84663d76842b5fb902391f74844.png

move to trash is almost always the third option from the top in a right click menu on a Mac, as seen on my Mac here:

876997088_Screenshot2020-01-11at18_01_53.png.a140f0916000f2a0b9a27a4cd3e40b5f.png

the menu LTT tweeted about is not Apple's, it's there because of a third party app that was running. 

She/Her

Where does this tweet say they are blaming Apple?

I don't think they say it's Apple's menu, as it is now 'Move to Bin'. 

4 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Where does this tweet say they are blaming Apple?

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Did the tweet say it was? ?

the people replying to it thought it was. that was the point. 

She/Her

Just now, Twilight said:

This does not make LTT's tweet inaccurate.

This makes the commenters inaccurate.

This thread is rather pointless unless rephrased.

4 minutes ago, Twilight said:

well sure, but the tweet itself isn't inaccurate

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

This does not make LTT's tweet inaccurate.

This makes the commenters inaccurate.

This thread is rather pointless unless rephrased.

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

well sure, but the tweet itself isn't inaccurate

happy now?

She/Her

Just now, Twilight said:

happy now?

better, I'd include screenshots of those replies to show what you're talking about while we're at it

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Twilight said:

happy now?

Indifferent.

At the end of the day, what does this change? You're not addressing the people who made the mistake in the first place. Most of the people seeing this thread already know based on the replies.

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

better, I'd include screenshots of those replies to show what you're talking about while we're at it

done

2 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

You're not addressing the people who made the mistake in the first place. Most of the people seeing this thread already know based on the replies.

you aren't required to read/reply

She/Her

Just now, Twilight said:

you aren't required to read/reply

Wouldn't have if the title wasn't inaccurate and clickbaity.

But hey, it worked. So... good job.

2 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Wouldn't have if the title wasn't inaccurate and clickbaity.

But hey, it worked. So... good job.

if ltt does it why don't I right?

EDIT: /s obviously

Edited by Twilight

She/Her

1 minute ago, Twilight said:

if ltt does it why don't I right?

EDIT: /s obviously

You forgot to put the Freshbooks sponsor spot in the post!

Non-issue then, jsut people being stupid in comments as usual. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

What I wonder is why this would even matter. I use ctrl + C (or Apples odd looking key + C) for copying, and use the button "del" or "delete" for sending stuff to the trash bin. Even if I'd accidentally click on delete instead of copy, it still wouldn't matter, as there's a confirmation box to prevent accidental deletions. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

5 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

I see, got caught on being misleading and had to change your title

It doesn't seem intentional though. given how quick the OP changed it (and added further detail on request) rather than trying to defend it as many do,  I'd say it's just a case of misinterpretation.     II sometimes post like the OP when I see repeat performances of inanely inaccurate shit posting.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

It doesn't seem intentional though. given how quick the OP changed it (and added further detail on request) rather than trying to defend it as many do,  I'd say it's just a case of misinterpretation.   

it wasn't intentional. 

6 hours ago, TomvanWijnen said:

What I wonder is why this would even matter.

it matters to me.

She/Her

7 minutes ago, Twilight said:

it matters to me.

Too bad, too sad. LTT isn't going to delete their tweet because a bunch of people foolishly misinterpreted it.

Edited by r2724r16

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

16 minutes ago, Twilight said:

it matters to me.

You seem to have misunderstood me, I agree that it matters that something that seemed wrong was actually not the case, but what I don't think matters is that the two options are so close to each other, as the shortcuts are much more convenient anyways.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

14 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

You seem to have misunderstood me, I agree that it matters that something that seemed wrong was actually not the case, but what I don't think matters is that the two options are so close to each other, as the shortcuts are much more convenient anyways.

sure, but why would LTT tweet about it then... 

hmmmm

She/Her