ASUS DITCHES Intel

CPotter

Because it's totally not enough to say Asus integrates AMD

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

I wonder if we could get a 'blooper reel' showing how many attempts were made till Linus managed to do those scenes catching parts thrown at him lol ?

BTW: awful cut to the first sponsor @ 0:33 … So not only they have hundreds of thousands of dollars in cameras to get unfocused footage but also dozens of employees and still can't edit a video properly… ?
I liked the video despite all that. Ain't there another laptop brand that has fingerprint lock on the power button? Not triangular but anyway…

I really hope this will have an impact on all the people who prefer intel out of pure habit and not knowing better. I mean if the bling bling pay more for the pure sake of having ROG labeled hardware company uses AMD, some might start to think different and actually do some research.

Good news. Really happy for the competition on the market. Now gimme Ryzen 4000 for the desktop please. I need a new CPU.

Tinfoil hat theory: Too many manufacturers had worries about Linus dropping too much stuff, so the LMG writers had Linus catch multiple things here to comfort them that yes, Linus is good at dropping stuff, but he is also decent at catching things that are falling. 

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

17 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I really hope this will have an impact on all the people who prefer intel out of pure habit and not knowing better. I mean if the bling bling pay more for the pure sake of having ROG labeled hardware company uses AMD, some might start to think different and actually do some research.

Good news. Really happy for the competition on the market. Now gimme Ryzen 4000 for the desktop please. I need a new CPU.

Brand recognition, loyalty, and marketing are a fickle bitch my friend. There's no question that AMD is offering the better product at this point but they've been out of the public eye for most people for many years. Ask pretty much anyone, even those who are not enthusiasts and they'll recognize Intel's branding. People are creatures of habit after all and don't usually take kindly to something new. Ironic in anything tech related considering the dynamic nature of the industry. AMD has reportedly gained 40 percent of the market share, the first time in 14 years they've had those kind of numbers. Intel will eventually have to answer in kind and I'm sure they will with all of their available working capital. Competition in the market place means better products at a better price for consumers. All I have left to say is good for you Dr. Su! ? 

That's crazy how much AMD is rising. Really stoke to see these cpus in premium laptops.

I was really impressed with last years CES coverage when you guys had a lot of reviews of products that were actually available to buy the day they were released at CES.  Please keep this in mind when posting additional CES vids to press the vendors for release dates.   Its a waste of my time to watch a video on a vaporware product.

Which is to say, this is the first of any of the laptops you guys have reviewed in the past 2-3 years that I have been really excited about only to find out I cant buy one :(

On 1/7/2020 at 3:44 AM, Markmjb said:

Tinfoil hat theory: Too many manufacturers had worries about Linus dropping too much stuff, so the LMG writers had Linus catch multiple things here to comfort them that yes, Linus is good at dropping stuff, but he is also decent at catching things that are falling. 

its all the practice he makes for himself

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

On 1/7/2020 at 11:18 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

Habits are hard to break, especially with the professional mentality. You find something that works for you and stick to that until you die. 

@kokakolia Sticking to something because it once was the best and ignoring progression is the exact opposite of a professional mentality. That´s downright stupid.

9 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@kokakolia Sticking to something because it once was the best and ignoring progression is the exact opposite of a professional mentality. That´s downright stupid.

Then how do you explain outdated cash register systems in retail? Microsoft anything? Trimble and Leica equipment for construction? 

On 1/6/2020 at 7:24 PM, Shimejii said:

Clickbate crap :( Not a good title as they still are selling Intel Laptops and such. 

It's not a clickbate though lol.They have ditched Intel on their new products which is what the title meant. You just assumed he meant on all products.

On 1/12/2020 at 8:49 PM, StarRaidz said:

It's not a clickbate though lol.They have ditched Intel on their new products which is what the title meant. You just assumed he meant on all products.

Click bait Trash. They havent ditched intel in the least bit. Yes they now have new lineups with Ryzen cpus which is great, lets not do stupid shit and go theyve ditched intel. Thats not what is going on at all, and is a Buzzfeed level trash of click bait titles.

• 2 months later...

🤔🤔🤔🤔 Does anyone know when these are coming out I wanted to check one out and get one but I am not seeing them anywhere I am guessing they aren't coming out till April if at all in Q1 because of the RONA. 

AMD is expanding rapidly, I just hope they have a long term strategy. If you unload all your big guns in one go and not have good strategy and technology planned for the future, they might struggle when Intel releases something and they sure as hell will at some point. They always have through history and I don't think it'll be any different this time around.

Though AMD kinda needed t go all out to convince people they mean business. But yeah, I hope they have things in the pipeline in a long run coz it would suck to have a CPU monopoly again...