Adata SX8200 Pro remove sticker?

PureEntertainer

I got this m.2 ssd from my local pc store and there is a warranty sticker placed on the m.2 ssd itself and I was wondering with the heat would something bad happen? Would it be fine if I removed the sticker?

No need to remove it.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

yea i don't belive anything will happen.

i've had many Msata ssd's in small Intel NUC's that got hot enough to make it uncomfortable to hold your hand on it and nothing has happened to the stickers.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

No need to remove it.

Thanks man I am new to this so I didn't know if it would do anything

Heat sinks and stickers don't do anything. Some SSD manufacturers and motherboard manufacturers just want to sell you a heatsink to make more money. 

On 1/3/2020 at 3:00 PM, ToastyBear said:

Heat sinks and stickers don't do anything. Some SSD manufacturers and motherboard manufacturers just want to sell you a heatsink to make more money. 

heatsinks do a lot of work to help with cooling so that's not true.

it just depends on the airflow in the case and the amount of air that gets blown over the heatsink.

but they aren't needed for m.2 ssd's unless they're placed poorly so no airflow blos over the ssd, and are under heavy workload for a long period of time.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

plus the stickers used are thermal transferable its not just some generic sticker used most of the time either

On 1/3/2020 at 3:00 PM, ToastyBear said:

I've had Samsung M.2 drive without heatsink and it was constantly hitting it's upper temperature limit (as specified in its own spec sheet) under heavy workloads.