Swap gpu for the exact same, DDU necessary?

TheLegend_27

Hi,

so i just returned my rog strix 5700 xt and bought a new one because i think it was defective (unstable core clock and random black screens)

Do i have to ddu the driver since it's exactly the same card?

Thanks! 

Theoretically, no.

If you experience any problems I'd do it, but it should be fine.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

9 minutes ago, TheLegend_27 said:

Hi,

so i just returned my rog strix 5700 xt and bought a new one because i think it was defective (unstable core clock and random black screens)

Do i have to ddu the driver since it's exactly the same card?

Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

No.

DDU is mostly if you have issues uninstalling/updating the drivers.

Thanks. 

Unfortunately it crashjed the first game i launched so i guess 5700xt are fucking trash lol.

ill try dddu anyhow before returning it,

3 hours ago, TheLegend_27 said:

Unfortunately it crashjed the first game i launched so i guess 5700xt are fucking trash lol.

So you don't even know what the problem is, and you're already blaming the GPU... *sadly shakes head*

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

1 hour ago, BTGbullseye said:

So you don't even know what the problem is, and you're already blaming the GPU... *sadly shakes head*

Well given that he just replaced his graphics card before the problem started, I'd say it's pretty fair to blame the graphics card :)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

2 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

Well given that he just replaced his graphics card before the problem started, I'd say it's pretty fair to blame the graphics card :)

You and your logic!

Actually, it could very well be Windows itself not liking the change in GPU... I've had it happen before.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

7 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

Actually given that it happened on the the same model card he swapped it for and then again on the new one I think it’s fair to blame the user 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

On 1/3/2020 at 6:42 AM, Ebony Falcon said:

Actually given that it happened on the the same model card he swapped it for and then again on the new one I think it’s fair to blame the user 

The user has been building his computers since he was 10 and hasn't had that much problems with a gpu since he started doing so.

On 1/2/2020 at 11:38 PM, RadiatingLight said:

The first gpu was probably faulty as i dont have such huge core clock dips in the second model.

On 1/2/2020 at 10:10 PM, BTGbullseye said:

That's why i have been here to try and get some help but all im told is to ddu/reinstall card/RMA which i have done several time. I finally found the solution to the major problem after few more hours of googling, and ofcourse it was a setting in amd's trash software and drivers that made all my game crash over ans over. If you guys see someone having crash issues with 5700xt, tell them to turn off the enhanced sync setting, fixed the most part of my crash (altought somme stutter still happens, i can't figure ou why).

If anyone has an idea for the stutter other than being amd's trash driver please let me know.

Nothing to add but my trash tier 5700xt was plug and play.....and I didn't even ddu when swapping over from a Vega 64, adrenaline 2020 here.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

38 minutes ago, TheLegend_27 said:

enhanced sync setting, fixed the most part of my crash (altought somme stutter still happens, i can't figure ou why).

Enhanced Sync has been a long known issue, and very prominently acknowledged as a known issue in the changelogs. They just don't know why. My guess is that Windows just doesn't like it.

As for the other stutter, are you using freesync? If you are, and your monitor doesn't have FreeSync 2, then it may just be your monitor causing that.

23 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

Enhanced Sync has been a long known issue, and very prominently acknowledged as a known issue in the changelogs. They just don't know why. My guess is that Windows just doesn't like it.

As for the other stutter, are you using freesync? If you are, and your monitor doesn't have FreeSync 2, then it may just be your monitor causing that.

Have never used it, tbh

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

19 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

I am using freesync, my monitor is a brand new asus tuf VG27AQ, i know it supports both gsync and freesync (adaptive-sync) but i dont know about freesync 2. Any way i could find out? Also, is there software updates for such monitors?

38 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

Very true. I've never experienced Windows and programs behaving "normal" after a hardware change.. No matter how pick you are at removing previous drivers, I always re-install Windows after hardware changes.. Even upgrading RAM. lol.

That's pretty drastic, unfortunatsly i had to reinstall windows too since my ssd died in the process of moving it, so i doubt it's the problem. Thanks for the advice.

43 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Nothing to add but my trash tier 5700xt was plug and play.....and I didn't even ddu when swapping over from a Vega 64, adrenaline 2020 here.

I mean, dont get me wrong, the fps are great at 1440p, i just never had so much bugs as far as i can remember and i pretty much always have owned AMD gpus. The worst was the drivers on my rx 480 that caused pretty shit fps when new games came out but else than that, it never had core clock fluctuation while the card is sitting at 60 degrees celcius (real mountain and valley with 5700xt, rx 480 was flat at 1285mhz without any movement). I wish i have had the same plug and play experience as you haha.

3 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Have never used it, tbh

The problem is they activate it when you choose the "gaming" profile wheb you set up the software. This is kinda retarded since they know it doesnt work.

2 minutes ago, TheLegend_27 said:

The problem is they activate it when you choose the "gaming" profile wheb you set up the software. This is kinda retarded since they know it doesnt work.

i did my own settings; mostly an undervolt and custom fan curve. really fixes the card from a thermal/performance standpoint. cooler and better results than stock.

4 hours ago, TheLegend_27 said:

I am using freesync, my monitor is a brand new asus tuf VG27AQ, i know it supports both gsync and freesync (adaptive-sync) but i dont know about freesync 2. Any way i could find out?

Well, an easy way to know if it DOESN'T is if it doesn't have HDR at all. Freesync 2 requires HDR. Your monitor does not have it. Try turning off Freesync and see if that fixes the stutter.