My new motherboard vs my old

I got my new motherboard this morning and got really nostalgic all of a sudden, the pc I built back in 2014 impacted my life massively, I wont go into details but if you knew me from my old news days on this forum then you will remember how amazing it all was. 

A lot has changed since I used to be so immersed in tech but I wanted to go back and look at my old parts vs my new parts starting with my motherboard. 

e8dc42a212d846b77bfab0f84180b88d.jpg

So this is the first pc part I got, the Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H

The most insane deal, it was £70, brand new, the person that bought it got a amd cpu and messed up and panic sold it so cheap, this board was way out of my budget at the time but at £70 it was a massive steal and at that point I was honestly awe struck but how beautiful I thought it was, it was my first step into computers, the first part of my journey. The picture was taken with a Nikon D80 with a fixed 35mm if I remember correctly, unfortunately that camera was stolen.

ae106eff09353d7293b9faf7eac86265.jpg

And now we have the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro taken with a huawei p30 pro(if its blurry its gyazo being crap just click the picture for higher res)

Its the future, it looks as different as a motherboard can be, I remember back in 2013 if your motherboard had a fan on the southbridge then you would have had to send insane amounts, the kinda stuff linustech was barely even touching back then. 

I'd love to go really indepth which I can for my old board but I dont know much about my new one aside from the ports it has. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note I do miss this community but I dont have the time to come back, I remember posting news like crazy, being on the wan show every week, talking with linus and slick about the crazy stuff I had written, then being approached by some outlets to write for them. it was crazy stuff, maybe one day I will come back. Heres to many more years of faffing around with PCs, im glad this forum is still going as strong as ever. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1