Music Filenames

Hello, I'm trying to get my music all neat. Looking for a way to change the filenames in bulk, I need to remove like the first three letters. For example 03. Charlie.mp3, I'd like to get rid of the 03. in bulk. Any way I can do that?
I've tried MusicBrainz Picard and Mp3tag. But I don't really know how to use them.

There are Powershell scripts that can rename files in bulk, but I need to know for sure what can or can't be deleted from the filename.

Is it every character in front of text characters?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Total Commander has a built in multi-rename tool : https://www.ghisler.com/download.htm

You can select your files (with shift, or + then select mask ex *.mp3  or by right click on each file) then press Ctrl+M / Files> Multi Rename tool

Here's an example, where  i selected 4 video files and chose to remove a bit from the start, and do a search and replace in each file (to remove some stuff that repeats in almost all files):

replace name with [N16-] - that means start from the 16th character until the end

Search for " " and replace with " " does the removal of the text at the end in my example - you can use this to convert _ or . in file names with spaces (but be careful with it)

If you want to add numbers you can simply add [C] somewhere in the name and from the right side you can specify from which number to start the counter, how many leading zeroes the counter should have and step (this is helpful for example if  you scanned a book and you have all front pages in a folder, and the other side of each page in another folder - you can add counter with even numbers for the first folder and odd numbers for the 2nd folder, and choose step by 2)

For example you could have : replace [N]  with  My Artist - [C] - [N]   and that would change "Track name.mp3"  to "My Artist - 01 - Track name.mp3"  (if you chose 1 leading 0 for the counter on the right)

image.png.e3649d7d2347110d1e4494f3ab9d30b0.png

Bulk Rename Utility is one, Foobar and Masstagger addon another. You can do it both ways with Foobar. Get filenames from metadata or metadata from filenames.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv