Whats your best solution for dust

Dreamxtreme

Im having a problem with the sheer amount of dust accumulating around my pc. 

How do you handle your problem with dust.

Intel i7 4930k @ 5Ghz -- Asus Rampage IV Black Edition --  Asus GTX Titan SLI Running Skyn3t's Bios at 1202Mhz -- 32GB G.Skill Trident X 2400Mhz -- Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD -- 3xSeagate HDDs 4+3+2 -- Pioneer BDXL Writer --  Corsair H100i -- LG DM23052D x3 -- Cyborg Strike 7 -- Corsair AX1200i -- Coolermaster Cosmos 2 -- Cyborg Rat 9 -- Asus Xonar STX with Headphones HD650 Headphones

Take panty hose. You can get them relatively cheap at any department store. Choose the size of thread based on how good filtering you want. Do consider that you are going to stretch them. 

Take the fan, put it in the panty hose. Take a rubber band, wrap it around the edge of the fan. Cut with scissors, a sharp knife, or fire (heat makes stretched panty hose break fairly quickly) to where the panty hose is on the side of the fan that has the air going in (intake side). This way you can just vacuum the panty hose without removing the fan (as long as you don't have a grill). 

Bam. Great re-usable fan filters that you can alter to your preferences and use case. Just be careful about tearing them. They tear VERY easy.

Other than that, always go for positive air pressure. More = better mostly (not always).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Keep a clean room and occasionally use compressed air.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

universal vacuum cleaner  kidding

1 dust filters 

2 keep it away from dusty places 

3 keep the window closed more often as dust lerks through the windows <<< where i live is a desert 

and this 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

clean everything weekly! compressed air and a microfibre cloth for dust filters! Get dust filters! also dont put your pc on carpet 

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

not being lazy about keeping a clean room

and not being lazy about blowing out my (removable) dust filters occassionally

the only time I really had dust problems was when I get lazy about it all

Positive pressure and air filters on all intakes, have the computer elevated off the floor especially if it is carpeted and lastly turn off your computer when your not using it. Having a pc run 24/7 will accumulate more dust than one running only when you use it.

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

[editing]

i wish i did that......... and from now on i shall be doing what you just did there   :ph34r:  :D

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Filters are critical for preventing as much dust buildup as possible.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

How can you tell what is positive air pressure. Also I'm using a cosmos 2 so it does have built in air filters. But i find there not working all to way on the 200mm front fan

Intel i7 4930k @ 5Ghz -- Asus Rampage IV Black Edition --  Asus GTX Titan SLI Running Skyn3t's Bios at 1202Mhz -- 32GB G.Skill Trident X 2400Mhz -- Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD -- 3xSeagate HDDs 4+3+2 -- Pioneer BDXL Writer --  Corsair H100i -- LG DM23052D x3 -- Cyborg Strike 7 -- Corsair AX1200i -- Coolermaster Cosmos 2 -- Cyborg Rat 9 -- Asus Xonar STX with Headphones HD650 Headphones

i wish i did that......... and from now on i shall be doing what you just did there   :ph34r:  :D

I'd appreciate it if you only did that if you intend to write lengthy posts as I do. If I arrive at a thread and begin my post, but I know it's going to be lengthy and informative, I will use that. If the post I'm writing won't be both of those things, I won't use it.

The only way I justify saving a place like that is if your post has potential to be helpful and is unjustly long. Such that although you are working hard to help people, your post is getting bumped down the thread because you are trying to be helpful. 

Otherwise, I don't do it.

How can you tell what is positive air pressure. 

More air going in than air going out.

If you have 5 fans blowing air into the case and 3 fans blowing air out of the case and they are all going the same speed, that is positive air pressure. Whereas the opposite (3 blowing in with 5 blowing out) is negative air pressure.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I have My pc on the desk in a "room" that covers almost the entire house and it Also in the Second floor.

Despite me having no filters dust build-up is minimal

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I'd appreciate it if you only did that if you intend to write lengthy posts as I do. If I arrive at a thread and begin my post, but I know it's going to be lengthy and informative, I will use that. If the post I'm writing won't be both of those things, I won't use it.

The only way I justify saving a place like that is if your post has potential to be helpful and is unjustly long. Such that although you are working hard to help people, your post is getting bumped down the thread because you are trying to be helpful. 

Otherwise, I don't do it.

More air going in than air going out.

If you have 5 fans blowing air into the case and 3 fans blowing air out of the case and they are all going the same speed, that is positive air pressure. Whereas the opposite (3 blowing in with 5 blowing out) is negative air pressure.

ok i shall keep that in mind and also thanks for the detailed reply  :) which you wrought there with a lot of letters,words and meaning punctuations grammars and etc

ps : i tried to write in detailed too but it didn't work out well anyway thanks and ok

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

just buy 120mm/140mm dust fan filters...

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

How can you tell what is positive air pressure. Also I'm using a cosmos 2 so it does have built in air filters. But i find there not working all to way on the 200mm front fan

http://www.silverstonetek.com/techtalk_cont.php?tid=wh_positive&area=usa

An easy way to see if you have positive air pressure is to add up the CFM of your intakes and your exhausts and see if the CFM of the intakes is greater than the CFM of exhausts assuming you run your fans at full speeds.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

use cheese cloth and put it on the intake of all fans and also ensure that you have more fans blowing in than blowing out of your case 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Im having a problem with the sheer amount of dust accumulating around my pc. 

How do you handle your problem with dust.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/107237-dust-free-phantom-410-part-1/?hl=%2Bdust+%2Bfree

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110144-dust-free-phantom-410-part-2/?hl=%2Bdust+%2Bfree

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."