ULTIMATE Mac vs PC Editing Challenge ft. iJustine!!

JonoT

After seeing Taran's edit, I can safely say the judges are idiots. Taran won easily. Why?

Simple when watching the two videos with Justine's video I literally no idea what Austin was talking about, what he was trying to say, what the product was, for whom it is, nothing. Literally nothing. It was like watching a politician. If you don't know what that means, let me explain almost all politicians talk in circles about nothing. That's what it felt like watching Justine's video. It was some guy talking about nothing.

With Taran's edit after I watched it, I understood what Austin was talking about, what the product was, how it performed, what to expect from it, for who it's meant, who shouldn't buy it, etc.

I actually understood what the hell Austin was trying to say. And that's what matters. Plus Taran's video had better editing all around, nicely done no cut cut cut switch to other scene cut switch bs, no idiotic sound effects and pleasant music that doesn't distract from the video.

Taran won easily. End of discussion. 

16 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

You do realize that includes LMGs encoding server correct? Personally if that was to happen I would actually call it unfair to Justine.

Ah, hadn't thought about that -- in that case, more like no holds barred but they have to do all the rendering on their editing computer, not a background server.

Meh, its all stylez here.  The programs can clearly both be used well but this was almost all subjective, very little objective. 

Some better ideas might be:

Someone that can edit well on both having a set of tasks to do and comparing how much time it takes, or 2 people that know both doing the same video on each (basically first on mac, then on PC; vice versa for other person).  Doing the same video the same way (same effects, same transitions, same graphics) on a Mac vs a PC.  

Or you could spend the same amount of money on a Mac and a PC and compare the render times or just quality of use with the same editing process for the same video on hardware bought with the same amount of money.  Those things would all be objective measures.

Or doing a 4000 dollar 3970x build vs a mac pro, same video, same process, + render time.  That would be fun to watch.  I have a feeling the 8 core 6000 dollar mac pro would have a hard time keeping up.

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

I'm pretty sure this video was originally supposed to be between Jonathan Morrison and Taran, not iJustine. Linus mentioned that Taran would be going up against Jonathan in an editing showdown, and that iJustine would be one of the judges.

On 12/28/2019 at 1:22 PM, BWMerlin said:

What is the name of the chair that Taran changed to?

Cusion McPillowbutt

----------------------------
        Weem