turning an old router to a repeater

jhogan93

hey guys im trying to use my old router as a repeater to get better coverage of my house. i tried some guides and get nowhere. plz help. thank you. merry X-mas.

linksys EA4500 V3

4 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

i already tried this but i guess my router is too old/ just doesnt have wireless repeater as an option. i looked in to custom firmwares but im not sure if im doing something wrong or if i need extra steps to get them to install. thanks

20 hours ago, jhogan93 said:

i already tried this but i guess my router is too old/ just doesnt have wireless repeater as an option. i looked in to custom firmwares but im not sure if im doing something wrong or if i need extra steps to get them to install. thanks

Genereally there are extra steps to get 3rd party firmwares installed. For example to do it on my old DLink I had to do a 30-30-30 reset to get DDWRT to install. Plus I had to install an older version and update it to the newest version. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2019 at 7:37 PM, Donut417 said:

Genereally there are extra steps to get 3rd party firmwares installed. For example to do it on my old DLink I had to do a 30-30-30 reset to get DDWRT to install. Plus I had to install an older version and update it to the newest version. 

could you possibly link a guide? im really new to DDWRT

5 hours ago, jhogan93 said:

could you possibly link a guide? im really new to DDWRT

Your devices is not on the supported list. So....... your pretty much boned. I cant recommend even trying to flash it with it not being supported. It could brick the device. You might be supported on something like Tomato or one of the others. 

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486 But this is the guide I used. But at the top you will see its for Broadcomm devices. Not all routers use broadcomm CPU's. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.