SSD transfer broke my games

Barrett.50

about a day ago at this point, i transferred most of my data from my 2 TB HDD to a new 1TB M.2 SSD. i get the disk transferred over and i go to play Squad and i get an error along the lines of "out of video memory". i shrug it off and go to play war thunder, arma 3 and a few others, all with similar results. i reset and made sure i had virtual memory (I've tried turning off virtual memory too) and the only thing to come of it is war thunder ran for about 5 minutes and then the display freezes but audio and keyboard inputs still seem to register. I've tried clearing caches, in game and through steam, reinstalled drivers, updated windows, all that jazz and I'm just sorta stuck. i was wondering if any of y'all would know any pointers for me because I've yet to find a problem similar to mine on other forums, thanks all.

specs:Intel i5-8400 cpu

8gb ram

Radeon 480 xfx gbu

Corsair CX750m psu

MSI B360 gaming plus motherboard

1TB intel M.2 SSD + WB Blue 2 tb HDD (still has my old data, if that helps or hurts anything)

Edit: i have plenty of space left on my SSD, as in over 650 gb but when I transferred hard drives, I had to cut my c drive partition down a good bit.

Edit 2: I don't mind a windows reinstall or anything, basically all I have on the computer are games and photos that I can easily put on a USB or google drive, but I'd like to be at least half confident that a clean start will fix it

How exactly did you transfer you files? Dragging and dropping?

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

No I used a disk mirroring software, Macrium Reflect to be exact. 

1 minute ago, Barrett.50 said:

No I used a disk mirroring software, Macrium Reflect to be exact. 

Did you move a specific partition or do a full disc clone?

Is Squad a game where it uses a launcher that looks into a library for the game?

Do you clone working system or you use second computer or bootable rescue USB created by Macrium Reflect? I always say that cloning working system is a bad idea. Always clone drive when system is not running.

19 minutes ago, Lorant said:

Did you move a specific partition or do a full disc clone?

Is Squad a game where it uses a launcher that looks into a library for the game?

Full disk, I had less than half of the old HDd full 

Sorta? It had a little box that pops up before it actually loads the main screen, sorta like arma, fallout 4 or war thunder

12 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Do you clone working system or you use second computer or bootable rescue USB created by Macrium Reflect? I always say that cloning working system is a bad idea. Always clone drive when system is not running.

I did a straight disk to disk transfer as in I hooked both up at the same time and just transferred between them.

13 minutes ago, Barrett.50 said:

I did a straight disk to disk transfer as in I hooked both up at the same time and just transferred between them.

While system was still working? Bad idea. The only time I had problem with cloned system was when I did it that way. Use bootable USB with Reflect. Then, when system is not working, made good clone.

Better way? Do the same but using image, then restore that image (after verify that image). You will need third drive for that.

Good cloning is not as easy as installing system.

5 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

While system was still working? Bad idea. The only time I had problem with cloned system was when I did it that way. Use bootable USB with Reflect. Then, when system is not working, made good clone.

Better way? Do the same but using image, then restore that image (after verify that image).

ill try that to start with, these issues never came up with my old drive so ill get back to you in oh....5 hours? lol