New Gaming Monitor = Impossible Choice

cyph0rg

Hello,

I'm at an impasse.. And in desperate need of your assistance, even though I do understand what I'm asking might be highly personalized preference of each individual.. Basically I'm looking to pickup a new monitor, to use as the main gaming screen, since I do want to upgrade to 144Hz.. The problem begins with the options I've got, on one hand I really got used to gaming on a 31.5" IPS but 60Hz monitor. At 144Hz though the options are divided, either 27" IPS or 31.5" VA also 8-bit or 10-bit. Here are the options I'm considering

31.5" Options:
MSI Optix MAG321CQR
LG 32GK850G
ASUS TUF VG32VQ

27" Options:
AORUS AD27QD
LG 27GL850-B
ASUS TUF Gaming VG27BQ

PS - The monitors aren't in any specific order of preference...

Or if you guys have any other suggestions, please let me know.. :/

Best regards,

cyph0rg.

I often find that input latency is negligible for my usage, even in latency sensitive tasks, so I focus on a higher color bit depth and resolution on top of 144hz.

my monitor: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-32-led-curved-qhd-freesync-monitor-with-hdr/6375331.p?skuId=6375331

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

6 hours ago, cyph0rg said:

Hello,

I'm at an impasse.. And in desperate need of your assistance, even though I do understand what I'm asking might be highly personalized preference of each individual.. Basically I'm looking to pickup a new monitor, to use as the main gaming screen, since I do want to upgrade to 144Hz.. The problem begins with the options I've got, on one hand I really got used to gaming on a 31.5" IPS but 60Hz monitor. At 144Hz though the options are divided, either 27" IPS or 31.5" VA also 8-bit or 10-bit. Here are the options I'm considering

31.5" Options:
MSI Optix MAG321CQR
LG 32GK850G
ASUS TUF VG32VQ

27" Options:
AORUS AD27QD
LG 27GL850-B
ASUS TUF Gaming VG27BQ

PS - The monitors aren't in any specific order of preference...

Or if you guys have any other suggestions, please let me know.. :/

Best regards,

cyph0rg.

The LG 32GK850G-B is the best VA monitor for gaming that has been tested and reviewed so far. It has impressive pixle response for a VA, VA usually have terrible dark transition performance resulting in ghosting/blur. The GK850 however has very respectable response time there. Its not perfect, its no TN display in regards to speed, but its the best ur going to get for a VA in that respect.

The TUF VG27AQ (not BQ as u listed) is one of the best mid to high end IPS gaming display u can find for the price, especially if u covet uniformity which is usually where IPS fails. The VG27AQ does well in that respect.

IMO you should be deciding between the VG27AQ (27" IPS) and the 32GB850G-B (32" VA)

For other options consider those listed in the following rtings search&filter tool.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/table/18138

Dont base decision purely on the 'score' on ritngs. The score system is weighted after all and as such can favor certain panels in certain tests. For example the overall picture quality score favors IPS due to viewing angles being worth 20% of the score.

As such its worth actually looking at the result figures, more so the general 'score'.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

6 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

The LG 32GK850G-B is the best VA monitor for gaming that has been tested and reviewed so far. It has impressive pixle response for a VA, VA usually have terrible dark transition performance resulting in ghosting/blur. The GK850 however has very respectable response time there. Its not perfect, its no TN display in regards to speed, but its the best ur going to get for a VA in that respect.

The TUF VG27AQ (not BQ as u listed) is one of the best mid to high end IPS gaming display u can find for the price, especially if u covet uniformity which is usually where IPS fails. The VG27AQ does well in that respect.

IMO you should be deciding between the VG27AQ (27" IPS) and the 32GB850G-B (32" VA)

For other options consider those listed in the following rtings search&filter tool.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/table/18137

Dont base decision purely on the 'score' on ritngs. The score system is weighted after all and as such can favor certain panels in certain tests. For example the overall picture quality score favors IPS due to viewing angles being worth 20% of the score.

As such its worth actually looking at the result figures, more so the general 'score'.

Okay, thank you for the input, another quick question in regards to the LG monitor, is there a significant difference between the 32GK650F-B and 32GK850G-B other than one being a G-Sync monitor and the other FreeSync, well and the pricing of course..

4 minutes ago, cyph0rg said:

Okay, thank you for the input, another quick question in regards to the LG monitor, is there a significant difference between the 32GK650F-B and 32GK850G-B other than one being a G-Sync monitor and the other FreeSync, well and the pricing of course..

Yes,

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/compare/lg-32gk850g-vs-lg-32gk650f/682/893?usage=3623&threshold=0.1

Pixel response is notably slower on the 650, BUT it has BFi whilst the 850 doesnt. There are other slight differences as well which u can see in the comparison and full reviews.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |