Eternal quest for the perfect large mouse - 2019 edition

Kalm_Traveler

Hey guys, as some of you may remember I am kind of a peripherals whore these days, mostly due to being on an impossible quest to find 'the perfect large mouse'.

Now, my hands are not giant, despite being above average height (about 194cm / 6'4") but I really like a palm grip and there are so far no mice that are absolutely perfect. 

This thread is half for helping anyone else who wants a large mouse, and half for suggestions for me to try out.

Thus far, the following mice have come up as being "pretty good" but not perfect as noted for each:

1. Speedlink Decus Respec - I got this on recommendation of an LTT forum member last year, as well as their Omivi which is a very different shape. The Decus Respec is to me the best mouse I've found that exists so far in that it's pretty great for palm grip, nice and wide with grooves for your pinky and ring finger to sort of rest on and overal use is great. It could be improved by making it a big taller to fill my palm more. It is also 50% red plastic which clashes horribly unless your theme is red/black (mine is not). Additionally, it requires a Speedlink application running in the background to control the LEDs, button mapping, etc.
  2. Corsair Ironclaw RGB - I picked this up on a whim at Best Buy when it was brand new I think last year because it has a great shape. For what I'm after it is 95% as good as the Decus Respec in the shape/size department overall - and actually feels slightly taller filling the palm more, but is not as wide and lacks anywhere on the right side for your pinky and ring fingers. It obviously looks nicer since it is just black. Again, it requires software to control the LEDs and button mapping, though at least in this case you might already have Corsair iCUE installed for other things like keyboard or fan lighting, fan controller management etc so it's potentially less annoying.
  3. Autley vertical USB ergonomic mouse - bear with me here, this thing is $15 US on Amazon, not at all full of gamery features but has become my work mouse for the last 6 months because it's just really comfortable to hold and use. No RGB, but it does have 4 DPI settings from 1000 to 3200 and the thing is massive. This is by far the largest hand-filling mouse I've ever personally seen/held. If we could get a gaming mouse mostly based on this shell but just slightly more flat, it would be the perfect mouse for me. It is comfortable as is, but given the rather strong ergonomically-helpful tilt sometimes I smack it when returning my right hand back from typing. If it were slightly less tilted that wouldn't happen. Obviously no software required (or even available AFAIK) which is a plus.
  4. Razer Deathadder Elite - I picked up this and the Mamba Elite to try them out together, and although I ultimately kept the Mamba Elite for it's nicer-feeling scroll wheel notches and scroll-wheel left and right buttons I actually still think the Deathadder Elite shell is hands down more comfortable. It has a very good albeit basic somewhat ergonomic shape and mostly fills my palm, L and R button clicks feel good, but it again has nowhere for your pinky and ring fingers to rest. Also... Razer Synapse. I haven't had too much trouble with Synapse on any of my machines (including 2 laptops), but in all honesty every 3-4 updates would break it in that it wouldn't finish logging me in to load my Synapse profile unless I uninstalled it completely, downloaded the new version manually and reinstalled. Also - you MUST be logged into Synapse at all times for your color/mapping/etc profiles to stay active which is super annoying to me - even more so on a desktop where you might already have to have some kind of motherboard RGB management application running, something else for other peripherals/fans etc and since the software will regularly not let you log in you'll find yourself stuck with rainbow RGB puke on a regular basis. Still... as far as being a mouse, this thing is pretty solid.
  5. Corsair Glaive RGB -  Last but not least is the Corsair Glaive. I bought this after trying it out in a store a couple years ago and paired it at that time with a Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard since I had to install iCUE anyway. This one has a bit of a similar arch as the Ironclaw but the overall shape is more plain/simple. It doesn't have anywhere for your pinky and ring fingers to rest, but it has some swappable left side grip pieces which change the shape of the area your thumb can rest which is nice. If it were a little longer front-to-back and wider side-to-side with a grip/rest spot for your pinky and ring fingers it would be pretty near the top of my list. Again, to manage this mouse you'll need software installed, but in its defense iCUE has been leagues better than Razer Synapse in my experience and at least there's no requirement of being logged into anything or even online to configure it.

So that's my top 5 so far. Do you guys have any other suggestions I should look at given the size/shape details that I'm after? Anyone else suffering from my dilemma of wanting a large mouse that doesn't seem to exist  yet?

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

I personally like MMO mice, I really like the Corsair Scimitar Pro, and the UtechSmart Venus is another great mouse that is slightly bigger then the Scimitar Pro, but really solid and pretty cheap.

AMD Motherboard Tier List  GPU Cooling Tier List  PSU Tier List  A Dive Into Custom Keyboards & Mechanical Switches

NEWCOMERS Remember to ' Reply ' to comments in order for people to see them, this is done by clicking the arrow icon at the bottom of a comment (Quote).

My Builds:

MEGA Desk Build

Blueberry Pi  R9 3950X  Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi ATX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x16GB 3200MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB  EVGA P2 850W w/ Blue Sleeved Cables  Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue)  2x Corsair Force MP510 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Corsair ML Pro Blue LED Fans  Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower  

Asus ROG SWIFT PG348Q 100Hz IPS G-Sync UW  Dell UltraSharp U3419W 60Hz IPS UW  Custom TOFU96  Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB 

Work Rig  ThreadRipper 3970X  Asus Prime TRX40 Pro ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 8x32GB 3200Mhz CL16  Nvidia Quadro RTX 6000 24GB  Corsair HXi 1000W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO  8x Sabrent Rocket 2TB w/ 2x Asus Hyper m.2 V2   Arctic P12 Fans  Phanteks P400A ATX Mid Tower 

Plotting Machine 1  ThreadRipper 2990WX  AsRock X399 Taichi ATX  Kingston HyperX Fury 8x16GB 2666Mhz CL18   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RMx 850W  EVGA CLC 360 AIO ‖ 2x Sabrent Rocket 2TB & 2x Sabrent Rocket 4TB w/ Asus Hyper m.2 V2  Arctic P12 Fans  Rosewill RSV-L4500 4U  5x Dell DS60 60-bay JBOD w/ 1.2PB of HDD Storage  HP 22U Half Rack

Plotting Machine 2  R9 3950X  Asus TUF X570-Plus Wi-Fi ATX  G.Skill RipjawsV 4x16GB 3200Mhz CL16   Nvidia Quadro K600 1GB  Corsair RM 650W  Noctua NH-D15s Chormax ‖ 4x Corsair MP600 Force 1TB W/ Asus Hyper m.2 Gen4  Arctic P14 & P12 Fans  Silverstone FARA R1 ATX Mid Tower

J.A.R.V.I.S.  R9 3900XT  Asus B550-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16  EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX 8GB  Corsair SF 750W Platinum  Corsair H100i Pro AIO  Noctua NF-A12x15 Chromax Fans  FormD T1 SFF ITX Case  

LG 75UM8070PUA 4K UHD 120Hz IPS HDR TV  Corsair K63 Cherry MX Red Special Edition Wireless  Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless

Archive Server  R3 2200G  Asus B450-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 White  Vega Integrated Graphics  EVGA P2 750W  Prism Wraith Cooler  ITX Open Bench  2x HP SAS Expander  LSI-SAS9211  220TB of HDD Storage

SFF ITX Home PC  i5-7500  MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz  Intel Integrated Graphics  Seasonic SSP Flex ATX 300W PSU  Cryorig C7  Velka 3 rev 1.2 SFF ITX Case (Grey)  

Laptop  Dell XPS13 2-in-1 7390 (2020)  i7-1065G7  32GB 3733MHz LPDDR4x  Intel Integrated Graphics  1TB NVME M.2  UHD+ (3840 x 2400) InfinityEdge Touch Display 

Keyboard Collection  GMMK Full Size  TOFU96 90%  ‖ KBD8x MKII TKL ‖ Drop CTRL High Profile TKL ‖ KBD Bella 75% ‖ GMMK Pro 75% ‖ XD84 Pro 75%  KBD67 V2 MKII 65%  KBD67Lite 65%  TOFU65 65%  KBD Blade 60%  Drop Carina 60%  Southpaw75 60% w/ Left Numpad  OLKB Preonic V3 Ortholinear ‖ CosPad XD24  ‖ KBDPad MKII

Key Cap Collection  GMK Boba Fett  GMK Red Samurai  GMK Laser CyberDeck +Novalties  GMK Arch  MaxKey B&W  Drop MT3 Camillo ‖ Matt3o MT3 /dev/tty  KBDfans Biip Torii Ext-2048  ePBT Less But Better +Novalties  EnjoyPBT Dolch  WinMix Mustard  Drop Skylight Horizon & Slate ‖ Glorious Black Aura   

Mechanical Key Switch Collection  Zealios V2 65g  Zealios V2 78g ‖ Zilents V2 67g  Tealios V2 67g  C³ Kiwi ‖ C³ Tangerine  Invyr Holy Panda  Durock T1 67g  Kailh Box Thick Jades ‖ Kailh Box Royal ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Dark Yellow ‖ Kailh Box Heavy Burnt Orange  Kailh Box White  Kailh Box Red  Kailh Pro Purple  Kailh Pro Burgandy  Gateron Ink Black V2  Gateron Black  Gateron Yellow  Gateron Brown  Gateron Green  Gateron Blue ‖ Cherry MX Black ‖ Cherry MX Brown ‖ Cherry MX Red

4 hours ago, -Kriss- said:

Really depends on what you define as large hands. Pic related is average would be a good idea to measure so i could find out what to reccomend.

images.jpeg.757ccfc04872bae0f78a8127bef1a3ad.jpeg

Thank you! in that case, wrist to tip of bird finger is 21cm and palm width looks to be 11cm.

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

I have the same problem, but I'm also looking for a mouse that doesn't look gamer-y. At work I have a Mionix Naos 7000, which is nearly what I'm looking for, but my ideal mouse would be a tiny bit larger. But it might be what you're looking for. Sadly the quality is not perfect, especially for it's price. I already had to replace the scroll-wheel switch, and now the optical sensor sometimes gets "stuck".