BNC to VGA or HDMI

Catsrules

I have some proprietary camera equipment, the camera configuration controller connects to a screen via BNC. The screen is dying and I am looking for a replacement.

The BNC is a single connector going to the monitor. Because monitors with BNC connections are so scarce I thought I might be better off just finding an BNC adapter to HDMI or VGA and just use standard monitor.

I found this on newegg

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16882203101

However it is 5 BNC connections to VGA, I am guessing that is not what I am looking for as I only have 1 BNC connector. Does that sound about right?

I did find this guy

https://www.newegg.com/bytecc-hm104-bnc-composite-s-video-to-vga/p/N82E16812270366?Description=BNC to VGA&cm_re=BNC_to_VGA-_-12-270-366-_-Product

That looks like what I really want but I am a little bit disappointed because it needs to be powered. Not that it is a complete deal killer. I might just need a active device to convert the signals around.

BNC is just coax with a stronger connector. Get a $0.50 BNC to coax adapter and then optionally a normal Coax converter 

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

What camera? What output format? Is it s-video , composite, SDI, RF (like you plug straight into analogue TV) ?

14 minutes ago, mariushm said:

What camera? What output format? Is it s-video , composite, SDI, RF (like you plug straight into analogue TV) ?

I don't know what output format it is using is there an easy way to figure it out? My guess would be composite or S-Video. It isn't RF because the monitor is not a TV as it doesn't have a tuner. The monitor is just a normal LCD monitor, it just happens to have a BNC connector on the back as well. The input is called AV1 so my guess would be composite. 

It is a proprietary robot camera for recording pipelines. I could just buy a new monitor from the company but they are very expensive.  

41 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Try something like this : https://www.amazon.com/eSynic-S-Video-Converter-Computer-Monitor/dp/B071HPG793/

Make sure your LCD monitor still has a vga input.

IF it doesn't work, I guess you could return it... or just throw it, it's 25$ ... not that expensive.

716rv2wB24L._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.edadaa321c9d309a1320cd4fbd796cd3.jpg

Sounds like a plan to me.

Thanks for you help.