my ram sticks have 3200mhz but it shows that i only have 2133mhz

when i opened task manager it says i have 2133mhz is this a mistake? the rams itself and the box says its 3200mhz so whats the issue?

edit

also my i9 9900k is stuck at 4.68ghz shouldnt it be 5.0ghz?

1 minute ago, saif961 said:

when i opened task manager it says i have 2133mhz is this a mistake? the rams itself and the box says its 3200mhz so whats the issue?

Go into your BIOS and enable XMP

1 minute ago, saif961 said:

also my i9 9900k is stuck at 4.68ghz shouldnt it be 5.0ghz?

That's the single core boost speed. It won't do 5Ghz on all cores out of the box, so you will only see 5Ghz if you:

a. are doing something that only requires 1 core (highly unlikely)

b. have overclocked it

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

yes 5ghz for single core not every core. and since things at least take dual core to process 5ghz would likely impossible unless you OC the Cpu to 5.0 Ghz

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

3 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

yes 5ghz for single core not every core. and since things at least take dual core to process 5ghz would likely impossible unless you OC the Cpu to 5.0 Ghz

can i OC it more then 5.0? i have an nzxt 280mm cpu coolor can i reach like 5.3ghz or more?

8 minutes ago, saif961 said:

can i OC it more then 5.0? i have an nzxt 280mm cpu coolor can i reach like 5.3ghz or more?

You can try, but there's no guarantee. You may have to increase voltage to reach a stable overclock and your VRMs may not like the additional load without cooling.

It's probably more worthwile do get a 5 GHz all-core boost than do 5.3 on a single core though.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

31 minutes ago, saif961 said:

not worth it. VRM and heat things.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

14 minutes ago, saif961 said:

Iirc there is a theoretical maximum for silicon in insulator right near 5ghz at “regular” temperatures that is very hard to get around. I don’t remember what it is or how it works, quite but 5.3ghz could be at it or above it.  I’ve heard of people occasionally getting 5.1ghz out of that CPU using “regular” cooling.  To get over 5.3 people usually need to go exotic cooling.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2014/08/are-processors-pushing-up-against-the-limits-of-physics/

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

One word XMP, check it to make sure it's a the clock speed that you want.