x570 Aorus Extreme vs x570 Msi Godlike? What's better for gaming? (no budget)

x570 Aorus Extreme vs x570 Msi Godlike? what would be better for gaming/performance?

I'm not sure which one to get. (I got no budget so price doesn't matter)

The Aorus Extreme and Godlike boards are both massive, massive overkill for almost everything. Doubt there's any real measurable difference between the two, just get whichever one you think looks nicest. Or if you're into RGB, look into ASUS boards because AURA Sync's software is usually nicer than other OEMs. They have the Crosshair VIII Formula around that price range. 

If you want the true god board and plan to run a custom loop, go for this: 

X570-AQUA_top(L2).thumb.png.3d599d0b433f0379edc27dcab9cf4357.png

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JxsnTW/asrock-x570-aqua-eatx-am4-motherboard-x570-aqua Cool $1K for this board lol, and they're limited edition too. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

x570 Aorus Extreme, has the 10 GBps on board Ethernet adapter.

if money is no object these boards are too over priced compared to what to new threadripper chipset trx40 boards offer.

3 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

The Aorus Extreme and Godlike boards are both massive, massive overkill for almost everything. Doubt there's any real measurable difference between the two, just get whichever one you think looks nicest. Or if you're into RGB, look into ASUS boards because AURA Sync's software is usually nicer than other OEMs. They have the Crosshair VIII Formula around that price range. 

If you want the true god board and plan to run a custom loop, go for this: 

X570-AQUA_top(L2).thumb.png.3d599d0b433f0379edc27dcab9cf4357.png

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JxsnTW/asrock-x570-aqua-eatx-am4-motherboard-x570-aqua Cool $1K for this board lol, and they're limited edition too. 

Would the x570 asrock aqua one work well/better than aorus extreme/msi godlike even without having a custom water loop? ( having nothing that is ) or am i forced to get a custom water loop before using it for gaming?

For gaming it doesent matter.

The X570 Godlike has quite bad I/O for the price. There are better and cheaper boards than that one. Heck, even the Creation from MSI is likely better and quite a bit cheaper.

Just now, HornyFurry said:

Would the x570 asrock aqua one work well/better than aorus extreme/msi godlike even without having a custom water loop? ( having nothing that is ) or am i forced to get a custom water loop before using it for gaming?

No, it has an integrated monoblock for the CPU, VRMs, and chipset. Running it without a watercooling loop wouldn't cool the VRMs and chipset. If you're on air then the Godlike, Aorus Extreme, and Crosshair VIII Formula are the best options. @WereCat raised some issues with I/O on the Godlike, so I'd avoid that one (paying this much and getting any compromises is pretty meh IMO). 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I feel like if PC parts manufacturers will start to plate PC parts in gold and sell them for tens of thousands dollars each they'll still find the customer ... You don't the motherboard more expensive than 150-200$ for gaming in general, and for Ryzen CPUs in gaming you'll be fine even with 100$ MSI B450 A-Pro MAX.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

id go with TRX40 boards if you are paying that price. with thread ripper cpus.

you will move up to 4 M.2 drives and 72 PCI E lanes.

these boards and any board for x570 will be limited to the chipset design and cpu architecture limitations.  its way over priced in that price range.

look at these boards,

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15121/the-amd-trx40-motherboard-overview-/5

1 minute ago, tech.guru said:

id go with TRX40 boards if you are paying that price.

these boards and any board for x570 will be limited to the chipset design. its way over priced.

i'm planning to use a x3950 and then when x4000 comes i'll switch to that

7 minutes ago, WereCat said:

For gaming it doesent matter.

The X570 Godlike has quite bad I/O for the price. There are better and cheaper boards than that one. Heck, even the Creation from MSI is likely better and quite a bit cheaper.

So you think the aorus extreme is better?

id go with TRX40 boards if you are paying that price. with thread ripper cpus.

these boards and any board for x570 will be limited to the chipset design and cpu architecture limitations.  its way over priced in that price range.

^^^ Very good point. If you truly, truly have no budget, the new Threadripper stuff absolutely slaps. Although you will need watercooling to really push them at all. 

i'm planning to use a x3950 and then when x4000 comes i'll switch to that

No guarantee that 4000 series will be compatible with current stuff. 3950X is already really damn good though, for gaming it's only equal with the 3900X though, but you get that 16c/32t flex. But again, with a lot less PCIe lanes than HEDT stuff. 

Main PC 

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

^^^ Very good point. If you truly, truly have no budget, the new Threadripper stuff absolutely slaps. Although you will need watercooling to really push them at all. 

No guarantee that 4000 series will be compatible with current stuff. 3950X is already really damn good though, for gaming it's only equal with the 3900X though, but you get that 16c/32t flex. But again, with a lot less PCIe lanes than HEDT stuff. 

Correct me if im wrong the TRX40 is not compatible with x3950 right?

will the new threadripper will be compatible with the current TRX40 ?

HEDT isnt really for gaming, and you actually in some cases get a decrease in frame rates with more cores.

but if you do workstation work, video editing, code development, virtual machines, 3d modeling etc

you will benefit from the extra cores and parallel processing. you should consider the TRX40  and Threadripper if you are entering that price range for a motherboard.

Just now, tech.guru said:

HEDT isnt really for gaming, and you actually in some cases get a decrease in frame rates with more cores.

but if you do workstation work, video editing, code development, virtual machines, 3d modeling etc

you will benefit from the extra cores and parallel processing. you should consider the TRX40  and Threadripper if you are entering that price range for a motherboard.

Yeah i was thinking of going for intel for the high ghz but i want to be able to upgrade my computer and it looks like amd is winning right now badly

TRX40 is an entirely new chipset. only amd knows if it will be compatible with next generation of thread rippers. it will not work with 3950x, its 3960x and up

TRX40 is an entirely new chipset. only amd knows if it will be compatible with next generation of thread rippers. it will not work with 3950x, its 3960x and up

I see

3 minutes ago, HornyFurry said:

Correct me if im wrong the TRX40 is not compatible with x3950 right?

will the new threadripper will be compatible with the current TRX40 ?

The new 3960X and 3970X chips are on their own platform, not compatible with the 1000 and 2000 series TR chips. The 3950X is an AM4 chip, not even remotely compatible. 

2 minutes ago, HornyFurry said:

Yeah i was thinking of going for intel for the high ghz but i want to be able to upgrade my computer and it looks like amd is winning right now badly

They aren't winning at that right now. No guarantee that the next gen of AMD stuff will be on the same socket/platform and backwards compatible, so they're on par with Intel on the future upgradability part. That may change if we get more details on future stuff. 

Basically, what are you building this rig for? Are you a hardware enthusiast like Jayztwocents, who runs HEDT in his home gaming rig purely because he loves the hardware (I do the same but with old HEDT because that's what I can actually afford lol)? Just looking to game? What all do you actually want from the rig? 

Right now you say you're just gaming, but the 3950X is already overkill for gaming, anything past the 3900X and you're not really getting better perf in games. If you're down to blow the cash then hell yeah, but don't just spend it for the sake of spending it, you'll end up with a lopsided rig. 

Are you totally against a custom waterloop? They're expensive, more nerve wracking and complicated to put together, but they're used on builds with massive budgets for good reason. Most really high end hardware is pretty hard to cool, and most enthusiasts want to push it even further, meaning you need even better cooling. The 3950X or 9900KS is the highest you can really run on air/AIO, and you need the high end stuff for those, aaaand they'd still likely do better on water. 

You say you have no budget, but everyone does. Is it something massive like... $10K or thereabouts? $5K? $3K? 

Basically it's hard to give advice because we don't know what you're doing with and what you want out of the rig. Threadripper could be a good choice for you, the 3950X might be great, maybe Intel HEDT fits better, or something else? 

Main PC 

The new 3960X and 3970X chips are on their own platform, not compatible with the 1000 and 2000 series TR chips. The 3950X is an AM4 chip, not even remotely compatible. 

They aren't winning at that right now. No guarantee that the next gen of AMD stuff will be on the same socket/platform and backwards compatible, so they're on par with Intel on the future upgradability part. That may change if we get more details on future stuff. 

Basically, what are you building this rig for? Are you a hardware enthusiast like Jayztwocents, who runs HEDT in his home gaming rig purely because he loves the hardware (I do the same but with old HEDT because that's what I can actually afford lol)? Just looking to game? What all do you actually want from the rig? 

Right now you say you're just gaming, but the 3950X is already overkill for gaming, anything past the 3900X and you're not really getting better perf in games. If you're down to blow the cash then hell yeah, but don't just spend it for the sake of spending it, you'll end up with a lopsided rig. 

Are you totally against a custom waterloop? They're expensive, more nerve wracking and complicated to put together, but they're used on builds with massive budgets for good reason. Most really high end hardware is pretty hard to cool, and most enthusiasts want to push it even further, meaning you need even better cooling. The 3950X or 9900KS is the highest you can really run on air/AIO, and you need the high end stuff for those, aaaand they'd still likely do better on water. 

You say you have no budget, but everyone does. Is it something massive like... $10K or thereabouts? $5K? $3K? 

Basically it's hard to give advice because we don't know what you're doing with and what you want out of the rig. Threadripper could be a good choice for you, the 3950X might be great, maybe Intel HEDT fits better, or something else? 

6k++ euros is my budget currently (every month would add roughly 0.8-1k euro too my budget)

I want my rig for gaming at a extremly high framerate 1920x1080p (trying to get 240fps so i can use my 240hertz monitor) aswell as recording/editing and streaming.

if possible with 64gb ram (playing alot of cpu demanding games)

I can't risk doing a custom waterloop ( i'm a noob at this as you see lol  don't want to ruin my first build )

6k++ euros is my budget currently (every month would add roughly 0.8-1k euro too my budget)

I want my rig for gaming at a extremly high framerate 1920x1080p (trying to get 240fps so i can use my 240hertz monitor) aswell as recording/editing and streaming.

if possible with 64gb ram (playing alot of cpu demanding games)

I can't risk doing a custom waterloop ( i'm a noob at this as you see lol  don't want to ruin my first build )

Aight, so:

1. If you're a noob, that's waaaay to big of a budget. Don't worry about trying to actually spend that (unless you go ham with HEDT, it's actually difficult to spend that much, legit takes work to do so).
  2. What games do you play? If it's AAA stuff at 240Hz, the best CPU you could get for that would be an i9-9900KS manually pushed to 5.3GHz+ on a very good cooler. 
  3. CPU Demanding =/= uses a lot of RAM. 64GB RAM is overkill for basically 99% of games, 32GB is fine and you'll be able to get faster DIMMs which helps in CPU bound titles (especially on Ryzen).
  4. Yeah, custom waterloops are a good bit to deal with if you're new. If you build them with the right parts you won't have issues though, I haven't had a single leak so far with the hardware I run (nice rubber tubing zip-tied to barb fittings so it can't slip off even if I pulled on it pretty damn hard). 

Main PC 

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Aight, so:

1. If you're a noob, that's waaaay to big of a budget. Don't worry about trying to actually spend that (unless you go ham with HEDT, it's actually difficult to spend that much, legit takes work to do so).
  2. What games do you play? If it's AAA stuff at 240Hz, the best CPU you could get for that would be an i9-9900KS manually pushed to 5.3GHz+ on a very good cooler. 
  3. CPU Demanding =/= uses a lot of RAM. 64GB RAM is overkill for basically 99% of games, 32GB is fine and you'll be able to get faster DIMMs which helps in CPU bound titles (especially on Ryzen).
  4. Yeah, custom waterloops are a good bit to deal with if you're new. If you build them with the right parts you won't have issues though, I haven't had a single leak so far with the hardware I run (nice rubber tubing zip-tied to barb fittings so it can't slip off even if I pulled on it pretty damn hard). 

Mortal Online, Kenshi (modded), Ark, Rust, Skyrim(heavily modded) Minecraft (VERY heavily modded) 7 days to die, Call of duty modern warfare( the new one) Mount and blade warband(heavily modded) that's the games i currently play now.

I ofc want to play the new upcoming games aswell ( my goal is pretty much get as much framerate as possible)

2 minutes ago, HornyFurry said:

Mortal Online, Kenshi (modded), Ark, Rust, Skyrim(heavily modded) Minecraft (VERY heavily modded) 7 days to die, Call of duty modern warfare( the new one) Mount and blade warband(heavily modded) that's the games i currently play now.

I ofc want to play the new upcoming games aswell ( my goal is pretty much get as much framerate as possible)

Yeaaaah a 9900KS with the highest clocks possible is what you want there. 

Main PC 

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Yeaaaah a 9900KS with the highest clocks possible is what you want there. 

Do you mind sharing a god-top tier 9900ks build?

4 minutes ago, HornyFurry said:

Do you mind sharing a god-top tier 9900ks build?

What country are you in? (so I can get the closest PCPartPicker)

Main PC 

What country are you in? (so I can get the closest PCPartPicker)

Sweden

1 hour ago, HornyFurry said:

So you think the aorus extreme is better?

Yes