How to get sponsors?

spwath

How? Im looking to do a build where I put a good pc in a imac g4 but i have no money. How do people get sponsers?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

a lot of work, and reputation.

Ok thats what I thought. Unfortunatly i dont have a reputation yet

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

After doing a crap load of reviews, and becoming a reputable source.

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Ok thats what I thought. Unfortunatly i dont have a reputation yet

just don't go around murdering people.

that's not the kind reputation you want. :P

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

5 years of Youtube and having a popular website

AWw cause i really want to do tjhis build. i guess ill just save up. ID be really cool tohave a gmaing pc in a imac g4 tho

Blackmail.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

You need to give the companies you want to be sponsored by a reason to. For instance, Linus can say that he has over half a million subs and that there is a guaranteed 70,000 views or something. That's a decent sized market to target and even Linus can sometimes have trouble getting sponsorship

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

just don't go around murdering people.

that's not the kind reputation you want. :P

But it might get you a sponsor. :D

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

he's talking about PC build reputation

you really have to do a BUNCH of good builds on your own before you get sponsors sadly, because only then would people like to place their logo on it.

AWw cause i really want to do tjhis build. i guess ill just save up. ID be really cool tohave a gmaing pc in a imac g4 tho

You'll have to put in a lot of your own money before you get sponsors. All reviewers start off by buying things to review with their own money.

Well that's not really necessary, lots of people do sponsored builds without any of those. You do need to have proven yourself though, that's for sure. Showing that you "can do it" and having the right contacts is key when it comes to getting sponsored for a build.

You need to give the companies you want to be sponsored by a reason to. For instance, Linus can say that he has over half a million subs and that there is a guaranteed 70,000 views or something. That's a decent sized market to target and even Linus can sometimes have trouble getting sponsorship

Yeah i see people in the buildlog get all this free stuff. I really want to do my buildlog but i need a new CPu and MB. It would look really cool for a gaming pc in a imac g4

Yeah i see people in the buildlog get all this free stuff. I really want to do my buildlog but i need a new CPu and MB. It would look really cool for a gaming pc in a imac g4

Same principle with PC building. The people who are sponsored also post on other forums to increase the number of viewers and such, but you also need to show companies you can make their product shine

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Well that's not really necessary, lots of people do sponsored builds without any of those. You do need to have proven yourself though, that's for sure. Showing that you "can do it" and having the right contacts is key when it comes to getting sponsored for a build.

I wasn't meaning that you literally have to do 5 years of youtube or anything. More implying that you need a reputation and a fairly large following to get sponsors. There has to be something for the sponsors in the deal

How? Im looking to do a build where I put a good pc in a imac g4 but i have no money. How do people get sponsers?

If seen this kind of posts so often and i always think: 'What are these people thinking? Don't they know how a company works? How pub works? That companys want money? ' I don't mean to be rude but i don't get that. 

Sponsors are normally because a company just wants to support you, sometimes its also because a company wants to take advantage of you.  So its best to just startup a Youtube channel and be honest.  

If seen this kind of posts so often and i always think: 'What are these people thinking? Don't they know how a company works? How pub works? That companys want money? ' I don't mean to be rude but i don't get that. 

Well I wanted to see if there was an esyer way or if anyone had "conections"

It just doesn't work that way. You have to have something to give back in return for them giving you stuff.. Specially when the idea has been done numerous times.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

That's not how it works.

Well thats what i was seeibng

It just doesn't work that way. You have to have something to give back in return for them giving you stuff.. Specially when the idea has been done numerous times.

I havent seen it done much

I wasn't meaning that you literally have to do 5 years of youtube or anything. More implying that you need a reputation and a fairly large following to get sponsors. There has to be something for the sponsors in the deal

A big following really isn't that much of a deal when it comes to being sponsored for a mod. If you've shown a couple of top notch builds on something like bit-tech or similar sites, maybe been nominated for mod of the month / year you should be in the crosshairs.

But it might get you a sponsor. :D

If you take a hostage and demand a sponsor for your build, it might work :D

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/