PC turning on and turning right back off after replacing motherboard

Celuta

So basically I bought a new motherboard from MSI. After putting everything in place it just turns on and turns back off. Here’s a screenshot.

It is not the ram nor the cpu it’s probably I put in something in the wrong place in the front panel.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Zen 2 CPU eh ? You need to update UEFI firmware to support them.

I see, it's Z390 ... I had similar problem with my previous case when the power-on button shorted, try unplugging PWR-ON cable and shorting these two pins manually to see if it'll start normally.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Where is the power on button, sorry I’m an absolute noob at building PCs.

10 hours ago, Celuta said:

It's the header where the front panel connecters are try unplugging it then shorting the power pins on it for a second and see if it turns with that. The manual should tell u the location of the power switch pins 

Also u should plug in the usb 3.0 header the connector for it is right next to where it is

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

10 hours ago, Celuta said:

It's the header I circled in red

image.jpg.397ad14169d37a4dd006464a563faad8 (1)~2.jpg

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

I don’t think my motherboard has a usb 3.0 connector I try to put it in but it won’t go in and I don’t wanna force it. But I tested the front panel and it does the same thing. It turns on for a second and right back off

Can you by any chance circle which one is usb 3.0 so I know where to plug it in thanks a lot.

I found the USB 3.0’s place on my motherboard. But as you asked me to to, the pc still turns on and eighth back off.

7 minutes ago, Celuta said:

Sorry didn't see your message till now though check it's not your power button causing the issue

Nvm didn't see your video

10 minutes ago, Celuta said:

What cpu is it? 

Some don't have a igpu

Did you install the stand offs for the case or where they preinstalled? Just because that can causes issues also 

22 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

What cpu is it? 

Some don't have a igpu

Did you install the stand offs for the case or where they preinstalled? Just because that can causes issues also 

That's a good call. What's your entire specs OP ?

Sorry @Ben17 and @Juular for not replying soon enough. My specs are i7 7700 GTX 1080, MSI GAMING PLUS MPG Z390 as a mother board. I have 16GB DDR4 Ram from Corsair and a Corsair h100 cpu cooler.

31 minutes ago, Celuta said:

Sorry @Ben17 and @Juular for not replying soon enough. My specs are i7 7700 GTX 1080, MSI GAMING PLUS MPG Z390 as a mother board. I have 16GB DDR4 Ram from Corsair and a Corsair h100 cpu cooler.

What about the PSU ? Did you try clearing the CMOS ?

7 hours ago, Celuta said:

No worrys 

Check your case has the standoffs in the correct location though

You have only one ram stick? If its so you installed it to wrong slot try the first slot, and then others.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

24 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

You have only one ram stick? If its so you installed it to wrong slot try the first slot, and then others.

that shouldn't cause it turn on the off though should it?

On 12/2/2019 at 7:46 PM, Celuta said:

Is anyone here?

You have a Z390 mb with a 7700K CPU. They are not compatible. It's even listed on MSI website. That's why it's not booting.  

Here's the supported CPU list straight from MSI. 

Screenshot_20191204-100703.png

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

@Celuta I know it will be a pain but take out the Mobo of the case and out it on desk ontop of cardboard and see if it will post then. If it does then you know it was shorting out. If problem still persists unplug all connections expect essintals and power on with screwdriver. 

No I don’t have a 7700k but an i7 7700 Which is compatible I believe. So basically I have two 8gb ram from Corsair 

4 minutes ago, Celuta said:

No I don’t have a 7700k but an i7 7700 Which is compatible I believe. So basically I have two 8gb ram from Corsair 

Apologies. I meant 7700. It's not compatible. Look at MSI website if you need proof. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop