Post your *MESSY* setup

ShadyHost

2 years ago

eh. idk, it's still down to personal preference a lot. With 150$ I would have gotten something different, maybe a second monitor.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

mousemat is a little of the desk because my arm grinds agains the wood and it hurts

the ps3 controller is for pc

Why exactly do you use PS3 controller for PC and not Xbox 360? :P

Xbox 360 controller has much more native support and I personally think it's better for most games.. (except driving)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

eh. idk, it's still down to personal preference a lot. With 150$ I would have gotten something different, maybe a second monitor.

ehh i just bought it because i had no friends on my (then) potato pc and i dont realy have space for a second monitor.

Xbox 260 controller has much more native support and I personally think it's better for most games.. (except driving)

Xbox 260? Microsoft got even funkier with their edition numbers  :lol:

Xbox 260 controller has much more native support and I personally think it's better for most games.. (except driving)

because you have to pay €20 for a cable and i got the ps3 controller for free.

Xbox 260? Microsoft got even funkier with their edition numbers  :lol:

Yeah, it's a BETA console. I wanted to give you one BUT NOT ANYMORE MWUHAHAHA /jk

because you have to pay €20 for a cable and i got the ps3 controller for free.

Oh, cool. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I just don't like it, never did, both aesthetically and from a value standpoint. Personal preference though.

You really missed out on some great games then, my friend. :wacko:

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

You really missed out on some great games then, my friend. :wacko:

Red Dead Redemption being one of the best IMO, was on ps3 but still. 

I know that there's a show off your setup thread already, but yolo. 

I've also got a 360 in my setup as well, you can see the bottom of it under my monitor, the disk drive opens to the right side. Also, proper wooden desks FTW. :D

post-60401-0-61454100-1422230215_thumb.j

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

My OCD is kinda coming out. IMO you should make the keyboard lineup with the mouse and not have the mouse pad hang off of the desk like that.

For a sec, I thought the PC was inside the XBOX.

That would be a interesting, funny build.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

Ignoring the 360, 8/10, because you need to see mine to fully understand what a "mess" is. perhaps I will clear mine up a little bit and post it, if that's okay with people...

not very messy, 8 million out of 10 million

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

its fine 

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

My OCD is kinda coming out. IMO you should make the keyboard lineup with the mouse and not have the mouse pad hang off of the desk like that.

my mousemat is off my desk because i move my arm on the corner and it hurts otherwise it would have been on the desk fully

It isn't all that messy at all. Nice setup. :)

(we have a thread for this, by the way)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

It isn't all that messy at all. Nice setup. :)

(we have a thread for this, by the way)

i know but i couldnt find it

• 1 year later...

On a scale of 1-10 how messy is your desk? Literally everybody whom I've seen has either an insanely clean desk or a stupidly messy one.

Here's mine. I rate mine 5/7 with rice 5/10. Normally it looks better when I'm not taking apart a random laptop. The cable management will make you cry though, which is why I underexposed the bottom of the desk as to not make you cry. :P 

DSC02443.JPG

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

If my post helped you, please rate it!

varies. Usually one table is clean and my workbench is full

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch