B450 AUROUS ELITE R5 3600 COMBO

Is the combo mentioned in the title compatible? If not then what mbu should i choose? pcpartpicker says that it might need a bios update on any b450 mbu i put paired with the 3600 but idk.

Need answers ASAP. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, renchy_is_sketchy said:

Is the combo mentioned in the title compatible? If not then what mbu should i choose? pcpartpicker says that it might need a bios update on any b450 mbu i put paired with the 3600 but idk.

Need answers ASAP. Thanks.

any msi b450 MAX board will do

Pcpartpicker will always tell you a B450 board will need an update, even if the model specifically was made to support 3rd gen

This includes any of the MSI max boards, and the Asrock B450M/AC is a new motherboard SKU so all of its models are guaranteed to support 3rd gen.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Pcpartpicker will always tell you a B450 board will need an update, even if the model specifically was made to support 3rd gen

This includes any of the MSI max boards, and the Asrock B450M/AC is a new motherboard SKU so all of its models are guaranteed to support 3rd gen.

Ok , big relief. Thank you very much.

14 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

any msi b450 MAX board will do

8 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Stupid question , but just to clarify a B450M-PRO-VDH-MAX will do right?

Sorry this is basically my first time buying new computer parts i want to make sure everything is alright

Just now, renchy_is_sketchy said:

Sorry this is basically my first time buying new computer parts i want to make sure everything is alright

Yes that will support 3rd gen out of the box

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, renchy_is_sketchy said:

if there isn't a big price difference, the tomahawk, gaming plus and -a pro are better than the pro vdh one

4 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

if there isn't a big price difference, the tomahawk, gaming plus and -a pro are better than the pro vdh one

Ill look into it , thanks again

9 minutes ago, renchy_is_sketchy said:

That's a shite of motherboard (very weak VRM), get A-PRO, Gaming Plus or Tomahawk. There are some reports that some other B450 boards ship with new BIOS version too (like Gigabyte Elite you're asking about and ASRock Pro4) but you can't be sure, you could however try to update BIOS yourself with AMD loan boot kit or in some physical PC parts store (like Microcenter).

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

3 minutes ago, Juular said:

That's a shite of motherboard (very weak VRM), get A-PRO, Gaming Plus or Tomahawk. There are some reports that some other B450 boards ship with new BIOS version too (like Gigabyte Elite you're asking about and ASRock Pro4) but you can't be sure, you could however try to update BIOS yourself with AMD loan boot kit or in some physical PC parts store (like Microcenter).

Yea the a pro variant is looking better now, with not that big of a price difference.

I hope i dont have to update the BIOS but if i have to ill just go to a nearby computer store and see what they can do , or just borrow an older gen.

Thanks for the info

1 minute ago, renchy_is_sketchy said:

Yea the a pro variant is looking better now, with not that big of a price difference.

I hope i dont have to update the BIOS but if i have to ill just go to a nearby computer store and see what they can do , or just borrow an older gen.

Thanks for the info

with the MAX versions you won't need to update the bios

Just now, boggy77 said:

with the MAX versions you won't need to update the bios

Oh yea you said that already im delusional lol. Thank you once again