Getting kinda tired. I bought a new PC

Specs:

-Windows 10

-Intel core I5 9400f

-Asus Prime Z370-A II

-Asus Dual GTX1060 6gb

-Corsair 16GB RAM

-650w PSU

And its not performing good as I tought.. 

Playing Csgo i get about 90-120Fps and 

may get some shutter freezes.

Apex legends i cant even play, its shuttering so hard, its unable to play. And im getting so tired of this problems. Do any one have some kind of clue what The problem is?

Please help :(

Hello @Helsing13 and Welcome to the LTT Forum.

In order for us to understand a little more about what's happening, could you post some screenshots while running the GAME with MSI Afterburner and Riva turner turned on?

Did you check your CPU temperature? And GPU temperatura?

"Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave birth to time and space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that set a planet spinning in that space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave rise to life as we know it... And then came the next explosion. An explosion that will be our last"

"... To see the world in a grain of sand. Heaven in a wild flower

Hold infinite in the palm of your hand.  And eternity in an hour ..."

PC: 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 4.3GHz 1.3875v Motherboard: AsRock X470 Taichi (BIOS: Agesa 1.0.0.3 ABB) RAM: 4x8GB(32) 3200MHzCL16 Hyper X GPU: GTX 980 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Core Clock: 1595MHz Memory Clock: 8000MHz Storage: SAMSUNG EVO 860 2TB(OS) / SAMSUNG EVO 860 1TB(Backup) Cooler: NZXT Hydro X72 360mm Case: NZXT Phantom 820 PSU: Corsair TX-750w Display Monitor: Monitor AOC AG251FG 240Hz G-Sync 1080p Headset: Headset LogiTech G633 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Version: 1909 / OS Build: )

NOTEBOOK:

Model: Acer Aspire 5516 CPU: AMD TF-20 1.6GHz(1C/1T) GPU: ATI Radeon X1200(256MB) RAM: 4GB(2x2GB) 666MHz HD: SSD Sandisk PLUS 240GB OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

4 minutes ago, GabrielLP14 said:

Hello @Helsing13 and Welcome to the LTT Forum.

In order for us to understand a little more about what's happening, could you post some screenshots while running the GAME with MSI Afterburner and Riva turner turned on?

Did you check your CPU temperature? And GPU temperatura?

Not at home right now, but i can post some screenshots later. My tempetures are normal when Gaming. So that May not be The problem. All latest drivers are installed.

Could it help to reinstall Windows and start fresh? Because i have all my old stuff on the new computer.

16 minutes ago, Helsing13 said:

Not at home right now, but i can post some screenshots later. My tempetures are normal when Gaming. So that May not be The problem. All latest drivers are installed.

Could it help to reinstall Windows and start fresh? Because i have all my old stuff on the new computer.

If you've changed motherboards, it's best practice to do a fresh windows install.

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

If you've changed motherboards, it's best practice to do a fresh windows install.

Okey, but should that impact the bad performance so much, ive seen People on Youtube with The same setup with twice and even more fps

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Maybe just reinstall, and do it offline. When first logged into windows, stay offline and disable automatic driver installation in: https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10

Install all drivers manually, from motherboard support page + nvidia website.

Download windows 10 image here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

3 minutes ago, Helsing13 said:

Okey, but should that impact the bad performance so much, ive seen People on Youtube with The same setup with twice and even more fps

Windows is Beeeep sometimes

***Parental guidance is adviced***

***Viewers under the age of 16, should be accompanied by an adult***

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, Helsing13 said:

Windows is probably struggling to run with bad drivers and registry set up for the old pc.

9 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Try it.

But windows 10 automatically does this drivers switching when you chance a new motherboard or even from a platform to another.

"Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave birth to time and space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that set a planet spinning in that space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave rise to life as we know it... And then came the next explosion. An explosion that will be our last"

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 4.3GHz 1.3875v Motherboard: AsRock X470 Taichi (BIOS: Agesa 1.0.0.3 ABB) RAM: 4x8GB(32) 3200MHzCL16 Hyper X GPU: GTX 980 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Core Clock: 1595MHz Memory Clock: 8000MHz Storage: SAMSUNG EVO 860 2TB(OS) / SAMSUNG EVO 860 1TB(Backup) Cooler: NZXT Hydro X72 360mm Case: NZXT Phantom 820 PSU: Corsair TX-750w Display Monitor: Monitor AOC AG251FG 240Hz G-Sync 1080p Headset: Headset LogiTech G633 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Version: 1909 / OS Build: )

NOTEBOOK:

Model: Acer Aspire 5516 CPU: AMD TF-20 1.6GHz(1C/1T) GPU: ATI Radeon X1200(256MB) RAM: 4GB(2x2GB) 666MHz HD: SSD Sandisk PLUS 240GB OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

4 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Windows is probably struggling to run with bad drivers and registry set up for the old pc.

Indeed.

NOTEBOOK:

5 minutes ago, GabrielLP14 said:

Try it.

But windows 10 automatically does this drivers switching when you chance a new motherboard or even from a platform to another.

It really doesn't.  it tries,  your PC will run, but it's far from ideal.

It's recommended to do a fresh install after hardware changes like cpu or motherboard.  

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

5 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

It's recommended to do a fresh install after hardware changes like cpu or motherboard.  

Agreed.

NOTEBOOK:

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

I agree. @Helsing13 Remember to update your 9400F with the ME firmware update (should be on motherboard support page, update bios as well) - Use newest version of ME and chipset driver (should be on driver support page for MB)

FS in Denmark/EU:

43 minutes ago, Helsing13 said:

So...

Getting kinda tired. I bought a new PC

Specs:

-Windows 10

-Intel core I5 9400f

-Asus Prime Z370-A II

-Asus Dual GTX1060 6gb

-Corsair 16GB RAM

-650w PSU

And its not performing good as I tought.. 

Playing Csgo i get about 90-120Fps and 

may get some shutter freezes.

Apex legends i cant even play, its shuttering so hard, its unable to play. And im getting so tired of this problems. Do any one have some kind of clue what The problem is?

Please help :(

Fresh install Windows,  check if everything is connected properly.

And what's your RAM speed?  Ryzen needs at least 3000MHz to work as intended. 

If you do all that you should definitely get around 160fps on ultra. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

12 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Fresh install Windows,  check if everything is connected properly.

And what's your RAM speed?  Ryzen needs at least 3000MHz to work as intended. 

If you do all that you should definitely get around 160fps on ultra. 

2666MHz

Thank you guys for the fast answers. I Will try to reinstall Windows. And ill tell you if it worked :D

? 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer