Asrock Extreme 4 error code "99"

Hi guys!

I booted up my pc and it got stuck at the logo and i got the error code b4 and that meant that there was something wrong with the USB connections  so i unplugged

all my USB devices and now it gets stuck at the logo but gives me the error code 99.. i can't find it anywhere online, please help! 

Thansk! 

Edit: i've found what the error code means but it says "Super IO intialising" well that doesn't help me a lot..

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Try re installing the graphics card ......http://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=334

Take a look at this !!!!

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

Try re installing the graphics card ......http://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=334

Take a look at this !!!!

Thanks, i've tried it but now i get "d6"..

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Did u do what it said in the FAQ for the mitigation of d6 error

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

Did u do what it said in the FAQ for the mitigation of d6 error

Yes, i did what FAQ said about the 99 code and d6.. nothing helps! 

Are all the gfx card power connected properly ????

Are all the gfx card power connected properly ????

Yes, i have also put the GPU in another slot.. still the same

are the extreme 4's really that bad?  Every time I read a horror story,  it worries me so much because I have a brand new ASrock EX4 ready to go but I'm hesitant to go through the build with it.  

try onboard 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

try onboard 

It doesn't have onboard..

I find it easier to isolate the problem before getting onto the solution. Is the problem with the board or VGA?

We determine this by trying to boot the system without the VGA. It works and gets past the logo screen? Good, now try putting in a different VGA in the slot(if you have one laying around) and see if the system boots and gets past the logo. It works? Then we now know that there is a problem with the first VGA card.

It doesn't get past the logo no matter what VGA card is in there? Then we know that the problem is with the board.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

I find it easier to isolate the problem before getting onto the solution. Is the problem with the board or VGA?

We determine this by trying to boot the system without the VGA. It works and gets past the logo screen? Good, now try putting in a different VGA in the slot(if you have one laying around) or use the onboard and see if the system boots and gets past the logo. It works? Then we now know that there is a problem with the first VGA card.

It doesn't get past the logo no matter what VGA card is in there or onboard? Then we know that the problem is with the board.

When i don't have my GPU and USB's plugged it i get the error code d6 what means that the GPU can't be detected, and i can't see if it can get past the boot screen because my mobo has no onboard.. (BIG mistake). I have placed my GPU in another PCI-e slot and then i get error 99 again and gets stuck on the boot screen (I have a Nvidia GT210 laying around but i have ripped the heatsink of..)  

• 2 years later...

I had this issue today, not sure if this guy eventually fixed his problem or not. Anyway for future reference:

For some reason these motherboards seem to have dickie usb connections, i have lost a mouse and a keyboard to the motherboard previously. My razer mouse just suddenly stopped working one day, then the computer wouldnt boot with my usb keyboard and mouse, then the front row of buttons 1-3/9  on the side of the mouse stopped working. But i am using both with my laptop at the moment and they are working fine.

And today what happened was that my razer chroma keyboard was messed up and stopped pc from booting. I know this because the colored lights were frozen static when they should be set to wave effect on bootup until you get into windows and the software loads up your preferences. 

I got the 99 error too. I wouldnt recommend getting this motherboard by the way. 

How i got around it was i removed the usb devices and chucked in a trusty ps/2 keyboard. Error still there. Next i took out one stick of ram. Still an error. Next i removed the video card, booted it up, no errors on board this time. Then i plugged back in the video card, and it booted up. Ive had to do this many times to computers over the years but i didnt know what the error codes were hence why in on this blog.

I think the suspect usbs are the ones on the board that you connect the cases front usbs to. When i plug a usb flash drive to the front usbs sometimes the data gets scrammbled like as if you had just pulled it out in the middle of a transfer. Super dodgy.