MOBO

Hi everyone, looking for recommendations to go into my budget build with an i3-9100f

No but I’ve reviewed all the options and I need it to be brand new and the 9100f has better single threaded performance that the 3rd gen Ryzen counter part 

Budget and Country?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

6 minutes ago, Slottr said:

...Have you bought the 9100 yet?

Also it’s quite cheap currently in the uk which is good for my budget and I was looking at a b365 board as it would allow me to look at upgrading the cpu in the future. 

It’s only got 4 cores though.  So a fast 4/4 cpu.  Nothing else about it is released.  Compare it to other fast 4/4 CPUs.  There are many of them.  I don’t think it will game well.  It’s a limitation of thread programming.  It can support 4 processes.  More than 4 processes and things get bad fast. How many threads do its competitors have?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, William23r said:

Also it’s quite cheap currently in the uk which is good for my budget and I was looking at a b365 board as it would allow me to look at upgrading the cpu in the future. 

Ehhhh. I understand your arguments towards it. But take a look at something like the 1600, whos starting to dip under the 100$ USD point.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

25 minutes ago, William23r said:

It would need to be.  Fast  4/4 machines are lightning quick until they’re suddenly not. And that suddenly is one more thread than they can handle.  Older games that have fewer processes are going to be very fast.  Multitask stuff is going to be very fast.  It would be a really excellent UNIX machine.  Games aren’t written multitask though.  Less and less is.  The 1600 is slower.  Much. It’s got 12 thread slots though.  So old games won’t run as fast as on the intel, but new games will run faster.  It’s a question of whether you want more performance now and little or possibly none later, or less performance now but the ability to keep going.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.