Thinking of buying the new google pixel 4, what do you guy's think?

Pegile

I work with product design and my phone is a big part in my work, i have a motorola z3 play and it is not enough, after a little diging around thought the pixel 4 could do the trick

i personally would not buy anything related to google, as they are a major privacy breach and are in the business of selling your personal information whether it be the info contained with your gmail, selling info on your google searches, the list goes on.

6 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

selling your personal information whether it be the info contained with your gmail, selling info on your google searches, the list goes on.

BS Google sells ads not data, they collect your data so they can better sell you ads. Data is way to valuable to just sell, apple does the same thing. 

-https://www.androidcentral.com/does-google-sell-your-data

If you care about privacy than buy an android phone, install an custom rom and use Fdroid for your apps. 

i have a motorola z3 play and it is not enough, after a little diging around thought the pixel 4 could do the trick

Pixel 4 is an excellent phone, only issue is the battery which sucks for 2019 stranded( no 4k 60 so you will have to use a modded video app for that) . In 2019, no such thing as a bad flagship. Every flagship with a 1080p dispaly and up are excellent. I would suggest getting the 4  XL on a sale. 

I wouldn't buy the Pixel 4, especially at the current price point. The OnePlus 7 Pro has way better specs and a very similar software experience and is currently on sale at $550 on the OnePlus website.

6 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

similar software experience and is currently on sale at $550

Few cons 

- no fast updates

- No water resistance

- Camera looks like watercolor  

- No wireless charging 

- Worst support 

35 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

no fast updates

Much faster than 90% of the other phone manufacturers. I'm not sure what you're talking about?

36 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Camera looks like watercolor

I have yet to see some negative reviews of the camera

36 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Worst support

Still not sure what you're talking about but I guess this point is subjective.

39 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

No wireless charging

Considering how fast it charges most people can live with that.

26 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Much faster than 90% of the other phone manufacturers. I'm not sure what you're talking about?

We are comparing it to pixel, its slower than the pixel 4. 

I have yet to see some negative reviews of the camera

I have, every review says camera is decent at best, can't stand up to the pixel. 

Still not sure what you're talking about but I guess this point is subjective.

Mine and a lot of peoples experience , even reviewers suggest getting it from a carrier so you don't have to deal with them. 

Considering how fast it charges most people can live with that.

Not how that works, fast charging doesn't eliminate the need for wireless charging.  My s9 plus has wireless charging and fast charging( not fast as one plus 7 but still fast enough). 

Remember we are comparing this to the pixel 4, which has those things. 

10 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Remember we are comparing this to the pixel 4, which has those things. 

That's the key point here. Yes, it doesn't get updated as fast as the Pixel 4, but you can't say that the updates are "not fast" considering that it's faster than most of the other options. The same goes for all the other points. The Pixel 4's main feature is its camera, and is performing worse than the OP and most other phones at this price point in most areas, but still the OP 7 Pro managed to deliver "decent" picture quality when it was first released, and then got updated to improve the picture quality. Still not Pixel grade but definitely not "like watercolor."

I think there are better options out there, but it depends on a lot of things. The biggest issue with the Pixel is that it has shit battery life...which might be a deal breaker on it's own if you're depending on it for any kind of work.

• What do you need in a phone?
  • What do you want in a phone?
  • How much would the Pixel cost you?
  • What about the Z3 Play isn't cutting it?

Also, out of personal curiousity, how did you like the Z3 Play? I just bought one myself. At $149, I couldn't say no.

3 hours ago, amdorintel said:

i personally would not buy anything related to google, as they are a major privacy breach and are in the business of selling your personal information whether it be the info contained with your gmail, selling info on your google searches, the list goes on.

Chances are he's getting a phone with Android anyway, sooo...kind of a moot point.

2 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Few cons 

- no fast updates

- No water resistance

- Camera looks like watercolor  

- No wireless charging 

- Worst support

While I see what you were trying to say, the way you worded it is a little erroneous.

• It has extremely fast updates, but you're right, not as fast as the Pixel.
  • It has water resistance, they just didn't get it IP certified for cost reasons.
  • The camera, while not amazing, isn't that bad.
  • Valid, but not everyone cares. I hope they add it in the future, but their fast charging is more than sufficient.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

13 hours ago, Pegile said:

I work with product design and my phone is a big part in my work, i have a motorola z3 play and it is not enough, after a little diging around thought the pixel 4 could do the trick

The problem with the Pixel 4 is the battery life! Every phone released these days has 1.5~2 days worth of battery. The Pixel 4 barely lasts a day of heavy use. In your shoes, I would the iPhone 11. It's very similar to the Pixel 4, but the battery lasts 2 days.