Problem with merch delivery

TheSquab

On November 12 I received a tracking code for canada post mail service, but tracking says "We didn’t find an item associated with this number. Find out why. You can also edit this number."

I've already written 2 email's to linustechtipsstore@gmail.com, didn't heard back from them as well.

The question is: is this normal? If not, who should I contact and where since they don’t answer me by email.

did you enter the number in correctly, and triple check that you did so?

also it is the weekend in canada

also there is a massive party celebration going on with the football happening!

37 minutes ago, TheSquab said:

14 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

did you enter the number in correctly, and triple check that you did so?

also it is the weekend in canada

also there is a massive party celebration going on with the football happening!

Firstly, I was send an 18 digit number. Second, I sent an email's a week ago.

i always get atleast one digit wrong, well not always but sometimes

there is no tech event going on so who knows, i just wouldnt expect much for the weekend, or monday. saying that i doubt that anyone there even watches football.

its a big deal!

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have not won a Grey Cup since 1999. The Winnipeg Blue Bombers can do them one better — or should we say nine better having not won the coveted CFL championship trophy since 1990.

as a comforting note, well no, but others have stated no merch contact either, like you.

best course of action, shout out to the team members in your post by adding @ to their names in your post

gosh i dont even know their handles but like this

@LinusSebastian but that might not be him neither, or @nicklmg again i have no clue if thats really the real nick at lmg or not

I've got the response from Nick... 

image.png.847f266c09ba1b70848e52df25476d03.png

I didn't know that a "Small Packet International Air" delivery method is non tracked one. Especially when it costs 32$USD

Canada post shipping rates are high i guess... Well, I may see my water-bottle in half a year, or may not, Russian postal service loooves to lose non-tracked packages 

15 minutes ago, TheSquab said:

I didn't know that a "Small Packet International Air" delivery method is non tracked one. Especially when it costs 32$USD

Non tracked is standard when buying small items internationally as they will be send through mail. That is why you should pay with Paypal or something similiar as you get your money back pretty easy when it does not arrive. That is why I am never worried about it.

8 hours ago, TheSquab said:

I've got the response from Nick... 

-snip-

Canada post shipping rates are high i guess... Well, I may see my water-bottle in half a year, or may not, Russian postal service loooves to lose non-tracked packages 

Take a look at the different services Canada Post offers here:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/personal/sending/parcels/compare-services-international.page#!navtabd8434e12

Small Packet International is the cheapest way for them to ship overseas, and does not include tracking. You got the Air Service, so that will take approximately 6-10 business days (count from the day it was shipped, and skip saturdays and sundays).

The cheapest way to ship w/ tracking is Tracked Packet International Air. But that will cost even more than what you paid.

Shipping is expensive in Canada because it is not subsidized. Canada Post is a crown corporation (owned by the Federal Government), but it's self sufficient. It doesn't receive any tax payer funding. It operates entirely from it's own revenue.

Many other countries (especially China) will subsidize shipping rates with whatever the national carrier is. Also since Canada is smaller population wise (compared to the US), but also the 2nd largest country by land mass (only behind Russia), it loses out on economies of scale, thus making things inherently more expensive to ship, since trucks or planes need to travel farther.

In the US, they have a lot more large hubs that can make it cheaper.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

8 hours ago, TheSquab said:

Canada post shipping rates are high i guess

everything in canada is more expensive, with a population of only 32M'ish its the same population as California, yet we are spread out over a huge area! Canada is 2nd, only to Russia, then 3rd is China and 4th is USA.

I've been ordering a lot from playasia and I really like what they're doing - many other stores do the same however - you can simply choose which kind of shipping you want,  from like 3$ (slowest,  no tracking) to basically open end because they will also include customs and such. But the general cost for an average package (few games) is indeed about $30 with UPS or similar,  usually arrives within 2-3 days overseas. 

And yes, that's definitely worth it over waiting several weeks (at worst without tracking) to me 

And yeah, I'm aware they're a huge store so they'll naturally have more options - every online store should offer at least "some" shipping options though, imo. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity