AMD WTF!?

Dropit

So you might ask why am I so angry at amd? Because I got a rx 5700, a ryzen 3600x and they have compatibility issues cauz I use a B450 mobo. Just fuck off amd, anyone reading this ans planning to build a similar system, wait for the problem to be solved or get a x570 board even if they cost more. Genious amd just absolutely fucking genious screwing guys who use your parts, as on a intel system the rx 5700 works fine.

5700 and 3600x are both compatible with B450 boards. What’s the issue

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

There are TONS of people using your same config. Perhaps calmly explain what is wrong and what parts you are using and someone can help you, rather than pointless venting for something that is likely your fault for lack of research.

Someone didnt do his research and didnt know he needed to update the BIOS... Then proceeds to go for a rage instead of finding a solution...

Intel does the same say, 9th gen on Z370 boards, so you better be angry with both companies

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

What is broken exactly? You're just raging here without giving a single hint at what you might be experiencing.
Please do provide more information, to help us help you make this work.

For now, like the others have said... The first thing you should do is update the bios of that B450 motherboard to get it compatible with Zen2 CPUs and improve device compatibility.

If you've already done so... My guess is that maybe the GPU or the motherboard is in some way faulty (Could be the RAM as well, really depends on what your exact issue is really).

Because there shouldn't be "compatibility" issues here. If something doesn't work, it's usually faulty hardware that doesn't want to play nice.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

37 minutes ago, Dropit said:

So you might ask why am I so angry at amd? Because I got a rx 5700, a ryzen 3600x and they have compatibility issues cauz I use a B450 mobo. Just fuck off amd, anyone reading this ans planning to build a similar system, wait for the problem to be solved or get a x570 board even if they cost more. Genious amd just absolutely fucking genious screwing guys who use your parts, as on a intel system the rx 5700 works fine.

Your one of those people that buy nails and then complain the box didnt come with a hammer arent you?

How can you expect anyone to show you any sort of credibility when you put such a poor effort into a simple post? Based on this post id day this isnt an AMD issue at all and more thrn likely you are messing something very simple up.

Also amd doesnt make the boards. So if it is a b450 issue then you need to blame the manufacturer not AMD.

They are compatible and they do work, except when the card randomly crashes and windows shows video scheduler internal error and I'm on the latest drivers for both mobo and gpu, but it just keeps crashing. In another build it works, but not in mine.

1 minute ago, Dropit said:

They are compatible and they do work, except when the card randomly crashes and windows shows video scheduler internal error and I'm on the latest drivers for both mobo and gpu, but it just keeps crashing. In another build it works, but not in mine.

Did you upgrade from another GPU from Nvidia?

Have you tried using DDU and reinstalling the drivers?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Also yeah I'm raging a bit, but it's my first build and I tend to get overemotional about that shit.

23 hours ago, Lurick said:

Did you upgrade from another GPU from Nvidia?

Have you tried using DDU and reinstalling the drivers?

I used DDU, and it was a fresh windows install

Hell I even freshly installed the freshly installed windows version

23 hours ago, nbrowser said:

Funny...I'm using a cheap B450 board with a 3900X, amazing what a simple BIOS update can do and hooboy does she go on a tear quite nicely when asked.

I used the latest bios and drivers and I tried using some other older ones, too. So get off your high horse

23 hours ago, TetraSky said:

What is broken exactly? You're just raging here without giving a single hint at what you might be experiencing.
Please do provide more information, to help us help you make this work.

For now, like the others have said... The first thing you should do is update the bios of that B450 motherboard to get it compatible with Zen2 CPUs and improve device compatibility.

If you've already done so... My guess is that maybe the GPU or the motherboard is in some way faulty (Could be the RAM as well, really depends on what your exact issue is really).

Because there shouldn't be "compatibility" issues here. If something doesn't work, it's usually faulty hardware that doesn't want to play nice.

It's the mobos fault I habe discovered as the gpu works in another system just fine

On 11/23/2019 at 6:28 PM, Jurrunio said:

Someone didnt do his research and didnt know he needed to update the BIOS... Then proceeds to go for a rage instead of finding a solution...

Intel does the same say, 9th gen on Z370 boards, so you better be angry with both companies.

I'm just saying but it was the latest bios and I tried some others, too but maybe I got too emotional as it is my first build

Could be anything at this point other than the GPU. Poor connectors on the motherboard. RAM issue. Power supply issue. Noisey line/wall socket. Grounding in the PC case. Overheating. Bent pin on the CPU... etc.

23 hours ago, TechyBen said:

Could be anything at this point other than the GPU. Poor connectors on the motherboard. RAM issue. Power supply issue. Noisey line/wall socket. Grounding in the PC case. Overheating. Bent pin on the CPU... etc.

Thank you but I googled the prob and many people with the same mobo (tomahawk max) reported the same problem.

It's just some funky stuff with the mobo

What can I say, MSI....?‍♂️

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

the rx 5700 doesn't work correctly, it crashes and the error is called video scheduler internal error but in another system it works just fine, so how is windows the source?

2 hours ago, Dropit said:

the rx 5700 doesn't work correctly, it crashes and the error is called video scheduler internal error but in another system it works just fine, so how is windows the source?

im confused.

So you gave it to a buddy to test and it worked just fine? How long did he test it?

Did you try an older driver?

7 hours ago, dizmo said:

What can I say, MSI....?‍♂️

AM4 MSI boards really are a total shit show.

33 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

AM4 MSI boards really are a total shit show.

Arent there b450 boards some of the best reviewed ones out there?

14 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

Arent there b450 boards some of the best reviewed ones out there?

Yeah that's why I opted for one

14 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

im confused.

So you gave it to a buddy to test and it worked just fine? How long did he test it?

Did you try an older driver?

And yes I tried 19.11 and 19.9, even 19.30.2 but that one was so old games didn't load.

He currently has it in his system and it works just fine

So around 5-6h I'd guess

And the hilarious part is, he has a older system than me, b350 ryzen 1st gen but it works in his, and not in mine

20 hours ago, Statik said:

5700 and 3600x are both compatible with B450 boards. What’s the issue

The issue is probably between the chair and the keyboard

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Hah, seems like we have some comedians here, the crashing IS reproducable, the PSU is capable enough (600W pure power 11) and there isn't any problem with the cpu or ram. The gpu also works just fine in another system. But hey some people here just seem to be unable to read. As I have previously stated. But hey atleast you can write something even if it isn't very helpful

But really interesting how many people get triggered from this

We aren't triggered, we are trying to understand how the hell you think we can help you with the way you are acting behind your keyboard (or why we should for that matter).  And that's a mid range PSU so nothing outstanding.

If the crashing is reproducable, because Im NOT going to read through your drivel to figure out YOUR problem, you should probably be less scattered with your thoughts and emotions (zip up, your age is showing) someone may try to help you.

If not, enjoy your stuff not working.  Doesn't sound like you have techy friends who can help sans slap it into a PC and go SEE IT WURKX

EDIT - you are clearly triggered btw

Just an FYI @Dropit when I read your post yesterday I intentionally don't want to help you just based on how you are approaching this Community I am apart of.  I, and many more people more experienced then myself could likely help you - but why should we at this point.  I only have a slight interest because troubleshooting via a modicum of communication of text is challenging and I enjoy it.  But I will only help you if you make a nice, clear, concise post with your specs, issues and how you have reproduced this.  The specs of your buddies system and ending it with a Please and Thank you to all the LTT Community.  If not I personally will stop posting on this thread now.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

7 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Just an FYI @Dropit when I read your post yesterday I intentionally don't want to help you just based on how you are approaching this Community I am apart of.  I, and many more people more experienced then myself could likely help you - but why should we at this point.  I only have a slight interest because troubleshooting via a modicum of communication of text is challenging and I enjoy it.  But I will only help you if you make a nice, clear, concise post with your specs, issues and how you have reproduced this.  The specs of your buddies system and ending it with a Please and Thank you to all the LTT Community.  If not I personally will stop posting on this thread now.

Maybe I did overreact a bit, it just was a hard week. So if you would please allow me to ellaborate, my new system r5 3600x 16GB 3600mhz ram and the rx 5700 challener from asrock. It has a reproducable error that when I close one game (WOWS) and jump to another, BFV the it stutters all the time and even on lowest settings. Then when I'm in Idle it can randomly crash with the error video scheduler internal error. In the system of my buddy with an idk the exact mobo but it is an b350 from asus it works like a charm. And to all who tried to help me, I'm sorry, I was just really frustrated after I had tried different drivers, DDUed old ones and so on.

Edit: also ryzen 1600x and 16gb ram

IMG_20191123_145303.jpg

2 hours ago, r2724r16 said:

With that attitude, don't expect anyone to help you.

I only feel bad for the poor, abused GPU now ;)

2 hours ago, Dropit said:

Maybe I did overreact a bit, it just was a hard week. So if you would please allow me to ellaborate, my new system r5 3600x 16GB 3600mhz ram and the rx 5700 challener from asrock. It has a reproducable error that when I close one game (WOWS) and jump to another, BFV the it stutters all the time and even on lowest settings. Then when I'm in Idle it can randomly crash with the error video scheduler internal error. In the system of my buddy with an idk the exact mobo but it is an b350 from asus it works like a charm. And to all who tried to help me, I'm sorry, I was just really frustrated after I had tried different drivers, DDUed old ones and so on.

This, we can work with.  What is the ambient temperature of your room (its 20c/70f here in my room) - have you monitored temperatures during these issues?  If you have answered these questions Im asking again because I wont read the whole thread :)  Starting fresh here.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

It's around 20c and I did for some time monitor it but it never went over 70c.

I don't know if it has got anything to do with it but before, I had some problems with the gpu resetting it's drivers to the 19.30.02 it came with, but after some time it stopped hapening. I don't think it's connected but maybe I'm wrong.

5 minutes ago, Dropit said:

It's around 20c and I did for some time monitor it but it never went over 70c.

Not possible, but likely you don't understand what Im asking - what we need to do is watch temperatures with a monitoring program like HWMonitor (more user friendly for less techy people) or HWInfo - both are free to download.  I suggest you do HWMonitor, download Heaven benchmark and run it windowed while watching your GPU and CPU temps.  Report back what happens over 15-20 minutes of Heaven benchmark running and screenshots if you are able to grab them.  

Just eliminating you having a bad airflow/temp issue vs your buddy. 

EDIT - I have to run an errand, Ill be back in 20-30 minutes

2 hours ago, Tristerin said:

Not possible, but likely you don't understand what Im asking - what we need to do is watch temperatures with a monitoring program like HWMonitor (more user friendly for less techy people) or HWInfo - both are free to download.  I suggest you do HWMonitor, download Heaven benchmark and run it windowed while watching your GPU and CPU temps.  Report back what happens over 15-20 minutes of Heaven benchmark running and screenshots if you are able to grab them.  

Just eliminating you having a bad airflow/temp issue vs your buddy. 

EDIT - I have to run an errand, Ill be back in 20-30 minutes

Ok, but I used msi afterburner for monitoring. And the case I used was the pure base 500 from be quiet and in reviews it didn't seem to have that bad of a airflow. I have put a gtx 1060 in there and it isn't killing itself. So I think it might be some software bugs. I have googled my problem and it does seem to be connected to msi as mobo manufacturer. I see if I can put a link in

https://community.amd.com/thread/241787

It's about the rx 5700xt but that's the same problems I'm experiencing, but going back to older drivers doesn't work for me

After reading that I guess it has got to be something with the chipset or so. I'm giving the rx 5700 to my buddie and I think about getting a rtx 2060 or 2060 super instead. Got some aib models to recommend? 

Edit: the gigabyte or msi models look good but can looks be trusted?