How great are the end-of-november event sales?

Hello there! So I'm still picking parts for my 1400€ gaming PC. This time I'm bothering you all because I plan on ordering all compontents on cyber monday/black friday. I've never ordered anything on these events though, and so I have no idea what to expect. How great are the general deals? What are some more specific parts you would expect to go on sale more extremely? Once again, ask anything you need to know!

not that good in Europe. Prices drop a bit but the whole thing is basically advertising to push sales, at least in Germany. You might still get a great deal

I'd only consider black friday for better prices, other regular sale dates are just scams

Not that good, unless you have researched it and planned the purchase.

I don't buy things I don't need or haven't researched. That saves more money than just "buying things on sale".

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

You have a budget so you’ve already done the first step. Plan your build first, then find the best deals you can. It’s better to think of it more like Black November as the sales start at the beginning of the month and many run to New Years. You may find better deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, you may not. It also highly depends on where you are. Take a look at sites like Tech Bargains and Slick Deals, I check them daily this time of year.

Annoying as hell.  I am really disappointed in Newegg.  They advertised a Ryzen 3800x in their Black Friday Preview for like $330 that was supposed to be on sale starting today.  However, conveniently, last night around 9pm, before it was set to go on sale, it suddenly was listed as "out of stock".  I selected the "auto notify" option in hopes maybe they just marked them as out of stock to insure they had some to sell at the sale but I checked this morning and had not received an "in stock" notification.  To annoy me  even more, they don't even mention the 3800x as ever having been a part of their Black Friday Sale and they have disabled the "Auto Notify" function which means they aren't even planning on getting any more stock.  

So just straight up false advertising by Newegg.  

Either prices go up. Or they bring special products in for the sale. At least that’s how Sams Club did it. We would get Black Friday products about a week or so in advance. The night before thanksgiving we would set the shit up and it would be ready bright and early on Friday. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 11/25/2019 at 2:57 PM, Founders said:

You have a budget so you’ve already done the first step. Plan your build first, then find the best deals you can. It’s better to think of it more like Black November as the sales start at the beginning of the month and many run to New Years. You may find better deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, you may not. It also highly depends on where you are. Take a look at sites like Tech Bargains and Slick Deals, I check them daily this time of year.

I pretty much already have a fully researched and planned build, I did it about 2 weeks in advance. From today, is it worth it to still wait for the "official" Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

47 minutes ago, L. f said:

I pretty much already have a fully researched and planned build, I did it about 2 weeks in advance. From today, is it worth it to still wait for the "official" Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

I mean you’ve waited this long so you might as well.

On 11/23/2019 at 6:25 AM, L. f said:

Hello there! So I'm still picking parts for my 1400€ gaming PC. This time I'm bothering you all because I plan on ordering all compontents on cyber monday/black friday. I've never ordered anything on these events though, and so I have no idea what to expect. How great are the general deals? What are some more specific parts you would expect to go on sale more extremely? Once again, ask anything you need to know!

I believe they are good, however, it's a vendor dependent issue.  I personally do not go to the store.  I'm like you., I will order on-line.  I've gotten some good deals in the past and I hope to get a few this up-coming BF and CM.

On 11/23/2019 at 7:00 AM, Sakkura said:

They tend to raise prices in advance, to make the sales seem better than they are.

yea that is very common, that is why you have to keep an eye on prices over a long period of time