What's the deal with Bitspower fittings?

vong

I really want to know why Bitspower fittings are so popular. Most of the builds I've seen on here us them over other brands, I see that they have a wider range but what justifies the high price of them? They range from $9 - $29 on PCCG and that's the cheapest place to get them.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

They are usually better quality and have a wider range. Some cheaper fittings can easily chip or even come slightly chipped.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Let me put this in Layman's terms: They're awesome.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I went with EK fittings as they just get the job done. But when it comes to functionality, finish, and quality.....Bitspower is pretty much king.

I added a Bitspower valve to drain my loop and now I wish I went with all BP fittings.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I really want to know why Bitspower fittings are so popular. Most of the builds I've seen on here us them over other brands, I see that they have a wider range but what justifies the high price of them? They range from $9 - $29 on PCCG and that's the cheapest place to get them.

you pretty much summed it up of why they are used. different configurations, sizes,

colors, specialty fittings and carried heavily by a lot of outlets. it is what they do best

and a premium is the price to pay for their best. using other fittings is fine as well,

but that one special fitting no one else might make, but Bits prolly has it and in different

colors and finishes.

you pretty much summed it up of why they are used. different configurations, sizes,

colors, specialty fittings and carried heavily by a lot of outlets. it is what they do best

and a premium is the price to pay for their best. using other fittings is fine as well,

but that one special fitting no one else might make, but Bits prolly has it and in different

colors and finishes.

Ah I see although be double the price of most fittings did put me off them.. for now. I'll probably use them in a super high end build in a few years. Still pretty damn expensive just to do a simple loop though.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Ah I see although be double the price of most fittings did put me off them.. for now. I'll probably use them in a super high end build in a few years. Still pretty damn expensive just to do a simple loop though.

i don't even wait for a high-end build to use them. reliable and can match a

complete build without scabbing a different vendor fitting. yes they are more, but

like Noctua fans, they are known to be top quality and deliver a great experience

when used. that is worth something.

Better paint finish, superior compression ring usability.

Example: you can screw the compression ring on a bp fitting ultra tight and it will still come loose. Do the same with an EK, koolance, swiftech, [insert other cheap oem fittings here] and it will seize on the tubing, forcing you to bin it.

The build quality (especially with rotaries) is the best in the industry. That's why they're popular.

Because they are reliable and sexy as hell. They grip the hell out of tubing and it's a pain to remove them!

• 1 year later...

I ordered Deluxe White G1/4 90degree Bitspower fittings, but the paint came flying off as soon as I touched in with a pair of pliers to tighten it to my rad. I was pretty pissed actually. Not worth the money in my opinion.

I ordered Deluxe White G1/4 90degree Bitspower fittings, but the paint came flying off as soon as I touched in with a pair of pliers to tighten it to my rad. I was pretty pissed actually. Not worth the money in my opinion.

you don't use pliers to tighten fittings. you use only hand pressure.

I learned that the hard way. I was just more angry I had to buy new fittings, waste of money. However, it is a learning experience so I should have expected it.

I learned that the hard way. I was just more angry I had to buy new fittings, waste of money. However, it is a learning experience so I should have expected it.

Woah man, just paint those puppies up or send em to me! JK.

Well you can so you can give it a final tighten once you've hand-tightened it down as far as you can take it. But take a soft cloth or towel -- such as a terry cloth shop towel -- and use it between the pliers and the fitting to avoid damaging the finish, and give it only a *slight* turn. Basically tight enough that you can't loosen it with your hand but not so tight you might be damaging plastic below it. Swiftech fittings are actually built so you can tighten with a wrench once you hand tighten down, and they recommend such as well on their website -- where they also provide the exact wrench dimension to use.

A few very popular water coolers use them all the time, so they get a lot of exposure. And because of that exposure and constant recommenation of those fittings, a lot of people use them. Their range of fittings and range of color options is also second to none -- and a bit overkill in my opinion. Most fitting manufacturers have a limited range of options -- look at Swiftech and Koolance for example, with the former having a more limited range, but both not coming close to Bitspower. Most fitting makers have either black or silver/chrome as color options. Bitspower has... quuite a bit more.

But unless you're looking for certain colors, or absolutely need a specific fitting for a specific spot in your loop, you can typically save a lot of money and go with Koolance or Swiftech -- you can also order both direct from the source through their website. And even if you are looking for specific color options, you might still be able to save money by looking at EK or Monsoon -- unless the look of those fittings doesn't appeal to you.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

If you want something cheap, there's like hundreds of Chinese brands pretty much copy whatever BP makes without logo and half price.  I never owned it, can say much about the quality.  Whether BP's high price is worth its quality or not is total opinion, but like you really don't want any sort of possible corrosion or anodized failure in your loop due to fittings at all.