Looking for a good Case for Large and Powerhungry GPUs.

K0NG

At the moment i have my old Corsair Air 540 without dust filters.
a 2080 Ti Amp Extreme which pulls 350W
a 9900k at 4.9 GHz which is water cooled (280mm)
and only SSDs (so no 3.5" bays needed)

the most important stuff is that this giant monster of a GPU Plus the Radiator with Fans fits in the case (Rad in the front with intake fans)
I only have 140mm Fans here (many of them mostly bequiet shadow wings 3) and i want to keep them.
The airflow should be top notch especially for that 2080 Ti which runs at around 72°C in Average at 340-350W Power Draw with maxed out case Fans (900RPM is not much and not loud) and around 75% GPU Fan Speed.

If someone knows some good cases (don't care much about the brand and i don't need fancy RGB Fans because i'll replace them with my own.)

short checklist:
280mm Rad as intake on front including fans AND a 325mm long 2080 Ti AMP Extreme.
Very good airflow (especially for the GPU)
if possible 140mm fans only.
not a Giant full size tower which weighs 50kg.
Space for 5 2.5" SSDs
Price Range between 100-180€ (around $200 as Maximum Limit)

Thanks for the Answers and recommendations since i won't answer the next 10 Hours (it's 2 AM here)

does Fractal Design Meshify C sound good to you?

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/meshify/meshify-c/black/

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

9 hours ago, Caroline said:

The Air 540 looks pretty decent, what kind of fans are you using?

BeQuiet Shadow Wings 3.

the Air 540 is pretty okay but it's so cramped.. (i have less than 2mm of space between Fan and GPU and can not fit anything like the radiation in between)

Define R6/Meshify S2?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

18 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Define R6/Meshify S2?

Define R6 looks good but it's the exact opposite of what i need.

it's one of the GPU wise hottest case out there. with massively restriced airflow.

i'll check out the meshify S2

13 minutes ago, K0NG said:

Define R6 looks good but it's the exact opposite of what i need.

it's one of the GPU wise hottest case out there. with massively restriced airflow.

i'll check out the meshify S2

Yeah that's what i thought. Meshify is airflow optimized, but same layout.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

13 hours ago, K0NG said:

short checklist:
280mm Rad as intake on front including fans AND a 325mm long 2080 Ti AMP Extreme.
Very good airflow (especially for the GPU)
if possible 140mm fans only.
not a Giant full size tower which weighs 50kg.
Space for 5 2.5" SSDs
Price Range between 100-180€ (around $200 as Maximum Limit)

Coolermaster SL600M. The case's primary intake is from the bottom which shoots directly into the fans of the GPU for optimal GPU cooling. However, this means that a good chunk of airflow is blocked for the CPU. Since you're using an AIO, this effect is significantly less impactful than it would have been for an Air tower, but still noteworthy. You'd have to have the AIO as exhaust out the top, which contrasts your required RAD intake. Four dedicated 2.5" SSD bays and four 2.5/3.5" combo bays are also included (so total of Eight 2.5" SSD's possible.)

image.thumb.png.d1d5ff984526757d2458bc2c5a1e5b67.png

If this doesnt work I can search more, but an emphasis on GPU cooling is this case's specialty.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Coolermaster SL600M. The case's primary intake is from the bottom which shoots directly into the fans of the GPU for optimal GPU cooling. However, this means that a good chunk of airflow is blocked for the CPU. Since you're using an AIO, this effect is significantly less impactful than it would have been for an Air tower, but still noteworthy. You'd have to have the AIO as exhaust out the top, which contrasts your required RAD intake. Four dedicated 2.5" SSD bays and four 2.5/3.5" combo bays are also included (so total of Eight 2.5" SSD's possible.)

image.thumb.png.d1d5ff984526757d2458bc2c5a1e5b67.png

If this doesnt work I can search more, but an emphasis on GPU cooling is this case's specialty.

the SL600M actually looks pretty intersting.
it's very expensive (180€ for the cheapest on a price comparison site) in my Country (Germany).
But there is again a huge problem.
the max. length for the GPU is 318mm.
mine is 324mm long and the rad should be in the front too..

17 minutes ago, K0NG said:

the max. length for the GPU is 318mm.

Wow I cant believe I overlooked that. 

Lian Li PC-O11D, Can mount fans to the bottom of the case for good GPU cooling, and mount the RAD to the side vents for intake as well. <-Recommended

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG, Perfect front panel for two 140mm fans and/or a 280mm rad.

(Fractal Design Meshify S2 was already mentioned)

Phanteks Eclipse P600S an alternative to the Define/Meshify S2 (the front door can be removed to reveal a mesh front, or left on for quieter operation)

Silverstone PM01 Very large mesh front panel with three Pre installed 140mm fans

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Lian Li PC-O11D, Can mount fans to the bottom of the case for good GPU cooling, and mount the RAD to the side vents for intake as well. <-Recommended

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG, Perfect front panel for two 140mm fans and/or a 280mm rad.

Phanteks Eclipse P600S an alternative to the Define/Meshify S2 (the front door can be removed to reveal a mesh front, or left on for quieter operation)

Silverstone PM01 Very large mesh front panel with three Pre installed 140mm fans

The Lian Li looks fantastic but it's 120mm Fans only except in the top and the Rad can not be mounted beside the mainboard where the 3 fans are (140mm not supported).

The Phanteks Enthoo is on the list for now.

The Eclipse looks interesting too but only has 3 2.5" bays (and i have 5 SSDs. 4 of them SATA)

and the Silverstone looks decent too but is only available in two shops.

thank you very much for the recommendations :) i'll read more about the Eclipse and Silverstone.

13 minutes ago, K0NG said:

The Lian Li looks fantastic but it's 120mm Fans only except in the top and the Rad can not be mounted beside the mainboard where the 3 fans are (140mm not supported).

Wow thats two oversights on my part. I'm usually much more on point! with regards to location compatibility. 

17 minutes ago, K0NG said:

The Eclipse looks interesting too but only has 3 2.5" bays (and i have 5 SSDs. 4 of them SATA)

The 3.5" drive bays double as optional 2.5" Bays! Four 3.5" drives come included, so assuming you never use those, a total of Seven 2.5" drives are possible (Just in case 5 SSD's aernt enough in the future :P )

image.png.741d1e114d1b5851a48911cd45e8eca0.png

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I second the use of the P600S it's a brilliant case with indeed 4 HDD + 3 SSD or 7 SSD. 

In your case, you will use the 3 2"5 bays and 1 3"5 bay so it won't be in the way of the GPU :)