can't decide on truly wireless earbuds

shooter27

Hi, 
I'm trying to choose which to get but can't decide
my top choices right now would be the galaxy buds and the jaybird vista
I wear earbuds all day while i'm working and on/off when i'm at school
I like the ipx7 of the jabra's (I dont do sports but its a peace of mind if it starts raining) while the galaxy buds are only ipx2
I haven't tried the vista's but I like the fit of the galaxy buds
Price is not much of a concern since in the end I'll wear them everyday for 4-10 hours so I want a quality product
I'm open to any other suggestions, I need good battery life, not "airpods style", can use both independently (that killed the jabra elite 75t for me)
thanks !

So you're on Android?

Idd recommend Sennheiser momentum true wireless. Best sound in class 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

I thought pretty much all truly wireless earbuds have one master and one slave bud - I'm not sure there are any that will actually let you run just the slave. Though at the same time, I'm pretty sure all will let you use the master side alone. (someone please correct me if I'm wrong - I'm genuinely curious.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

So you're on Android?

1 minute ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I thought pretty much all truly wireless earbuds have one master and one slave bud - I'm not sure there are any that will actually let you run just the slave. Though at the same time, I'm pretty sure all will let you use the master side alone. (someone please correct me if I'm wrong - I'm genuinely curious.)

yeah I forgot, i've got a note 9 and both earbuds mentionned above can be used independently

8 minutes ago, shooter27 said:

yeah I forgot, i've got a note 9 and both earbuds mentionned above can be used independently

Cool! Momentum true work nice on Android. My wife uses em and loves em

23 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

So you're on Android?

from what i have read and heard the momentums aren't that great they have a generic sound signatue but also fails to be exciting while galaxy buds have a Harman tuned soiund signature making voices dynamic and great as well as a nice hump in the bass. and if you like something more generic sounding the sony WF XM3's do a better job at that while having some of the best in class ANC while maintaining just great fidelity overall. 

On 11/17/2019 at 8:01 AM, Metallus97 said:

So you're on Android?

The Senn's sound good but will not last. I used to use them at work and they would only last me around 3hrs at 50% volume. Ditched them for the Sony WF1000XM3 which last almost twice as long.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

If you want good value, perhaps galaxy buds

if you want the best sound with anc, the sony one

airpods pro is excellent if you want the best overall earbuds

8 hours ago, xtroria said:

If you want good value, perhaps galaxy buds

if you want the best sound with anc, the sony one

airpods pro is excellent if you want the best overall earbuds

They suck with Android though 

On 11/17/2019 at 10:00 PM, rice guru said:

from what i have read and heard the momentums aren't that great they have a generic sound signatue but also fails to be exciting while galaxy buds have a Harman tuned soiund signature making voices dynamic and great as well as a nice hump in the bass. and if you like something more generic sounding the sony WF XM3's do a better job at that while having some of the best in class ANC while maintaining just great fidelity overall. 

Please dont say "Bose", "Harman" etc "tuned" sound. Thats marketing BS.

But you are correct about them being more exiting. But the more close to the record palayback will be on the sens. Well not HiFi "sure to the record" but less influenced than on typical Bose, Harman, JBL "sounding stuf". I want to hear my music as close to as it was intended. This is called a linear frequency response. The Sens are more linear than the galaxy buds. 

"Tuned" speakers and Headphones might sound exiting at first but are not true to the record. None of those is, but Sens are better at it.

Best in Class ANC on the Sony: I have tried em today, a coworker got em. Both agreed AirPods pro where better ANC. But I guess its pretty silly to use AirPods on a non iOS device, though it works pretty ok

22 hours ago, vong said:

The Senn's sound good but will not last. I used to use them at work and they would only last me around 3hrs at 50% volume. Ditched them for the Sony WF1000XM3 which last almost twice as long.

rly? Thats pretty sad to hear. My wife does not report about that. How did you like the sound?

1 hour ago, Metallus97 said:

rly? Thats pretty sad to hear. My wife does not report about that. How did you like the sound?

Yeah, get fed up with the lackluster battery life so sold them. They did sound better than the Sony's and isolation was way better along with comfort.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

40 minutes ago, vong said:

Yeah, get fed up with the lackluster battery life so sold them. They did sound better than the Sony's and isolation was way better along with comfort.

Alright, soundwhise that’s in line with my experience. Maybe my wife just doesn’t care about the relatively short battery live, because she uses them for 1,5h at a time at max 

10 hours ago, rice guru said:

They suck with Android though 

I believe you lose the play/pause when you take out the buds and the battery information (although tbh you should always charge your airpods daily rather than completely discharge it)

I think there's also soundpeats which has great reviews and it's really cheap.

Personally I'm not a big fan of TWS since you are basically buying an audio product that will get thrown out every 2-3 years. But then again, i'm someone who uses DT880 and Westone 4R for my daily

45 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Alright, soundwhise that’s in line with my experience. Maybe my wife just doesn’t care about the relatively short battery live, because she uses them for 1,5h at a time at max 

If the senn's had a minimum battery life of 6hrs then it would no doubt be my choice. Not really impressed with the Sony's ANC tbh. Would take better isolation over noise cancelling any day, it would save power too.

6 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

But you are correct about them being more exiting. But the more close to the record palayback will be on the sens. Well not HiFi "sure to the record" but less influenced than on typical Bose, Harman, JBL "sounding stuf". I want to hear my music as close to as it was intended. This is called a linear frequency response. The Sens are more linear than the galaxy buds. 

"Tuned" speakers and Headphones might sound exiting at first but are not true to the record. None of those is, but Sens are better at it.

Best in Class ANC on the Sony: I have tried em today, a coworker got em. Both agreed AirPods pro where better ANC. But I guess its pretty silly to use AirPods on a non iOS device, though it works pretty ok

never said bose and Harman tuned sin't exactly marketing BS cause the harman sound signature is a measureable sound signature and thhe the galaxy buds actively aim to hit and measurably do.  not exactly marketing BS when Harman Neutral is a thing and can be measured and listened to. It's not my preferred sound signature but when I say harman tuned I am explaingin how a device sounds the only way I know how is by describing the sound signature like flat, V shaped , or W shaped or Warm, Harman tuned or harman neutral is just like that in my book

4 hours ago, xtroria said:

I believe you lose the play/pause when you take out the buds and the battery information (although tbh you should always charge your airpods daily rather than completely discharge it)

I think there's also soundpeats which has great reviews and it's really cheap.

Personally I'm not a big fan of TWS since you are basically buying an audio product that will get thrown out every 2-3 years. But then again, i'm someone who uses DT880 and Westone 4R for my daily

lol I agree I like to use IEMs with a bluetooth device like a fiio btr1k as a source when Im out I havent found a TWS that I think sounds the price so I dont buy any. 

5 hours ago, rice guru said:

never said bose and Harman tuned sin't exactly marketing BS cause the harman sound signature is a measureable sound signature and thhe the galaxy buds actively aim to hit and measurably do.  not exactly marketing BS when Harman Neutral is a thing and can be measured and listened to. It's not my preferred sound signature but when I say harman tuned I am explaingin how a device sounds the only way I know how is by describing the sound signature like flat, V shaped , or W shaped or Warm, Harman tuned or harman neutral is just like that in my book

Marketing BS, perhaps not. Jargon only few people understand? Absolutely. 

2 hours ago, kokakolia said:

Marketing BS, perhaps not. Jargon only few people understand? Absolutely. 

That I agree with. 

On 11/18/2019 at 5:06 PM, Metallus97 said:

Harman is simply a test of what people thought sounded good; I don't think that constitutes it as bs and neither should bose be categorized alongside of it.

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

On 11/20/2019 at 1:56 AM, food158 said:

Harman is simply a test of what people thought sounded good; I don't think that constitutes it as bs and neither should bose be categorized alongside of it.

Well from a Hi-Fi/Audiophile Point of view all of those are basically bs! The put emphasis on certain frequency ranges and sometimes use build in compression etc to make you think „WOW WHAT A Sound“ but listening closely will reveal the flaws sich are apparent in treating sound that way. 

but I guess that’s what most peps want.

i have Switched back to my wired sens form AirPods pro for everyday use, because the simply sound much better. 
for workouts and for noisy environments I’ll go with the AirPods for sure