I have been gifted a "water cooling kit"

My brother ordered me a water cooling kit after I was talking to him about looking for a bigger radiator (I was talking about an AIO but I am guessing he doesn't know the difference) to go with for my new case a corsair Air 540.

This is the kit:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Water-Cooling-Kit-360-Copper-Radiator-CPU-GPU-NB-Block-14w-Pump-190mm-Reservoir-/380804790432?pt=US_Water_Cooling&hash=item58a9bbf8a0

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these eBay kits, as well as if they foresee any problems with compatibility with my case.

It has not shipped yet and if anyone see's a glaring problems It would be nice if I could find out about it while he can still cancel the order.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

My brother ordered me a water cooling kit after I was talking to him about looking for a bigger radiator (I was talking about an AIO but I am guessing he doesn't know the difference) to go with for my new case a corsair Air 540.

This is the kit:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Water-Cooling-Kit-360-Copper-Radiator-CPU-GPU-NB-Block-14w-Pump-190mm-Reservoir-/380804790432?pt=US_Water_Cooling&hash=item58a9bbf8a0

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these eBay kits, as well as if they foresee any problems with compatibility with my case.

It has not shipped yet and if anyone see's a glaring problems It would be nice if I could find out about it while he can still cancel the order.

The Components choosen in the Kit do seems pretty Solid. If he gifted it to you you will have to install it :P

No honestly this are pretty good quality components and you can use them definitly.

And it will look better then any AIO would :P plus the expandability

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

I have not had any experience with the ebay kits but this kit looks like a great value. It looks like you have CPU, universal GPU and chipset waterblocks, the radiator looks like an XSPC regular radiator. Now i would check the manufacture for a socket compatibility list and for which screws to use and stuff. Also, before putting this into my system i would do an extensive leak test outside my pc.

EDIT: I just saw what looks like a roll of thread seal with the tubing, not sure what that would be used for.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

None on the parts in that kit look branded except for the radiator. I would be very careful using this kit as you will have no-one to go to if something does leak. Would you want to risk your PC?

The Components choosen in the Kit do seems pretty Solid.

No honestly this are pretty good quality components and you can use them definitly.

• Unbranded pump. (can fail)
  • Unbranded res (o-rings can leak)
  • Unbranded tubing (will probably leach plasticizer)
  • Unbranded blocks (may not perform well and also may leak)
  • Fittings may also leak at the o-rings but I'd give them more faith than the other components.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

None on the parts in that kit look branded except for the radiator. I would be very careful using this kit as you will have no-one to go to if something does leak. Would you want to risk your PC?

• Fittings may also leak at the o-rings but I'd give them more faith than the other components.

Well the only thing i would be concerned about is the pump failing... but honestly most things on ebay (*cough* Korean monitors *cough*) are just pretty solid quality. atleast in the parts where it has to work...

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

Well the only thing i would be concerned about is the pump failing... but honestly most things on ebay (*cough* Korean monitors *cough*) are just pretty solid quality. atleast in the parts where it has to work...

If your monitor breaks you can return it or buy a new one. if something in watercooling breaks you lose everything (or much more than the watercooling parts themselves in most cases). It's a much bigger gamble.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

knowing your family was trying to help you out, but actually, you'd be best to contact

the seller and not accept the kit (pay the return shipping). nothing in the kit has any

warranty, is proven, or well-known. the seller offers 14days to send kit back and that

is prolly all the warranty you will get.

i contacted the seller of those kits and the radiator is also unbranded and was hinted

it is the same quality of the Alphacool line-up at a better price point (which theirs were

well above US pricing levels). and they do sell an aluminum radiator as well (kill it with fire)

for budget builders and unknowledgeable buyers.

thanks for all the input my brother was able to cancel the order before it shipped.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.