Best DAC with Surround sound for gaming

SHOT

Hi, Which DAC should you suggest to use with HyperX Alpha S? Is the MixAmp Pro TR good or are there better alternatives? I've looked at BlasterX G6 and someone said that the sound quality is better on the G6 is that true? Also I woul like to have the nob for the chat/game balance of the Pro TR

7 hours ago, SHOT said:

Hi, Which DAC should you suggest to use with HyperX Alpha S? Is the MixAmp Pro TR good or are there better alternatives? I've looked at BlasterX G6 and someone said that the sound quality is better on the G6 is that true? Also I woul like to have the nob for the chat/game balance of the Pro TR

check out hesuvi

7 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

7.1 is terrible for gaming. Just get a regular dac/amp/

The Schiit Fulla 2 is 80$ on schiit rn, its the regular one, the new one is litterally the same thing but 20$ more and has black paint

https://www.schiit.com/products/fulla-2-1

yeah so terrible theres many different versions of it on the market used by many people plus sennhieser even has its own

because all games are great at sound and especially for headphone users lol

maybe you should check out hesuvi also and follow directions

4 minutes ago, pas008 said:

yeah so terrible theres many different versions of it on the market used by many people plus sennhieser even has its own

because all games are great at sound and especially for headphone users lol

wait nvm 7.1 is amazing all the pro gamers use it look at Ninja uses 7.1 oh wait he doesn't what about some real pros they use 7.1 look a shroud he uses it oh wait nvm wait look at any professional gamer they use 7.1 oh wait THEY DON'T. Please give me a couple examples of professional esports players using 7.1 (not just 7.1 compatable, many people use things like the hyperX cloud and stuff like that but they don't enable the 7.1)

And why is that? BECAUSE 7.1 IS SHIT!

You say that Sennheiser makes a gaming DAC/AMP. It's red, black, and says gaming. What's not to like? It's not like they're sticking 30$'s worth of hardware and some cheapo trash software for 150$? I use a pair Sennheisers. Many of my friends own Sennheisers (esp. the 6xx those are great value), but every company can make stupid things. They gotta answer to their shareholders, and nothing makes money faster than something that has these 2 things:

-Gaming at least 4 times on the box

-Red/Black or RGB

1 hour ago, Firewrath9 said:

wait nvm 7.1 is amazing all the pro gamers use it look at Ninja uses 7.1 oh wait he doesn't what about some real pros they use 7.1 look a shroud he uses it oh wait nvm wait look at any professional gamer they use 7.1 oh wait THEY DON'T. Please give me a couple examples of professional esports players using 7.1 (not just 7.1 compatable, many people use things like the hyperX cloud and stuff like that but they don't enable the 7.1)

You say that Sennheiser makes a gaming DAC/AMP. It's red, black, and says gaming. What's not to like? It's not like they're sticking 30$'s worth of hardware and some cheapo trash software for 150$? I use a pair Sennheisers. Many of my friends own Sennheisers (esp. the 6xx those are great value), but every company can make stupid things. They gotta answer to their shareholders, and nothing makes money faster than something that has these 2 things:

-Red/Black or RGB

What does ninja use for Audio setup? How long?

How about shroud what's his audio setup? And his previous

Please link them lol

19 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

7.1 is terrible for gaming. Just get a regular dac/amp/

The Schiit Fulla 2 is 80$ on schiit rn, its the regular one, the new one is litterally the same thing but 20$ more and has black paint

https://www.schiit.com/products/fulla-2-1

Schiit's budget stuff is pretty shit look elsewhere. not sure about the hel but for that price you can get and atom and a topping d10

6 hours ago, pas008 said:

What does ninja use for Audio setup? How long?

How about shroud what's his audio setup? And his previous

Please link them lol

I know ninja uses a 990 with an awful awful dacamo by creative ibelieve the sound blaster x7 which does a lot but none of it well. And ays a game with an awful sound engine so none of it matters

8 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

-Red/Black or RGB

6xx is not good for gaming get the 58x instead superior imaging and soundstage much better for gaming or he 4xx with the current sale

15 hours ago, SHOT said:

My recc is you get a good dac/amp like a fiio k5 pro and use hesuvi after some experimenting I used to be a hater for virtual suround  hesuvi was actually pretty good and I can see why people like it much better than the g6 I found. But due to my personal preferences I find I am better without virtual suround I don't really use it anymore.

38 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I know ninja uses a 990 with an awful awful dacamo by creative ibelieve the sound blaster x7 which does a lot but none of it well. And ays a game with an awful sound engine so none of it matters

Lol None of it well you realize sbx was thx before?

You realize there is a huge difference

I find it funny you always criticize it also when the fact many audiophiles with better shot than you or i use it also for their setups

Fyi i own o2combo and many others let alone tried many too but many games have shit soundfor headphones so using 7.1 in the game and allowing vss to downmix makes huge wonders

Oh there isn't a difference listen

If you really do have ears and understand

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

Lol None of it well you realize sbx was thx before?

You realize there is a huge difference

I find it funny you always criticize it also when the fact many audiophiles with better shot than you or i use it also for their setups

Fyi i own o2combo and many others let alone tried many too but many games have shit soundfor headphones so using 7.1 in the game and allowing vss to downmix makes huge wonders

Oh there isn't a difference listen

If you really do have ears and understand

I literally reccomended hesuvi and didn't criticize virtual suround  at all look at my other comments

Overwatch has a "dolby atmos for headphones", pubg has an "hrtf" setting, csgo has hrtf under the "advanced 3d audio processing" setting . These are virtual surround sound settings, so there may well be many high level players using virtual surround sound, which is much more accessible when it is a setting in the game. However. when these type of options aren't available, then something like virtual 7.1 is needed for similar benefits.

I'm a big proponent of using virtual surround sound, and I think it would surprise most laypeople how logical the case for using virtual 7.1 over a plain stereo mix is. When you have discrete front and back channels, it gives you the opportunity to distinguish these directions in situations where a plain stereo mix can not. And if a game were to assume front facing stereo speakers, this would further reduce the amount of directional information from audio panning. In these two areas, you can see objective advantages with working with a virtual 7.1 mix over a regular stereo mix.

Now, some people do have problems with subjective quality of virtual surround sound, particularly if the algorithm is simulating the reverb of a room, which does otherwise help with externalization (the sensation that sounds are coming from outside the headphones). But I've never viewed this as a deal breaker, since with repeated exposure, you can adapt to it, and it'll eventually just sound pretty normal.

45 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I literally reccomended hesuvi and didn't criticize virtual suround  at all look at my other comments

saying in general I have been here on and off for awhile and seen your hard stance at first

3 hours ago, rice guru said:

this comment exactly

do you criticize people for wanting a preferred sound signature? cause its subjective? works the them but not you correct?

41 minutes ago, an actual squirrel said:

Overwatch has a "dolby atmos for headphones", pubg has an "hrtf" setting, csgo has hrtf under the "advanced 3d audio processing" setting . These are virtual surround sound settings, so there may well be many high level players using virtual surround sound, which is much more accessible when it is a setting in the game. However. when these type of options aren't available, then something like virtual 7.1 is needed for similar benefits.

I'm a big proponent of using virtual surround sound, and I think it would surprise most laypeople how logical the case for using virtual 7.1 over a plain stereo mix is. When you have discrete front and back channels, it gives you the opportunity to distinguish these directions in situations where a plain stereo mix can not. And if a game were to assume front facing stereo speakers, this would further reduce the amount of directional information from audio panning. In these two areas, you can see objective advantages with working with a virtual 7.1 mix over a regular stereo mix.

Now, some people do have problems with subjective quality of virtual surround sound, particularly if the algorithm is simulating the reverb of a room, which does otherwise help with externalization (the sensation that sounds are coming from outside the headphones). But I've never viewed this as a deal breaker, since with repeated exposure, you can adapt to it, and it'll eventually just sound pretty normal.

I find it funny on many peoples mindset with vss

algorithms are used to make in the game/engine(which alot of esport games focus on this for level playing field), used in the dac to convert the signal, damn they are used everywhere on a damn pc lol

but cant use them to get surround sound

implementation/execution of said algorithms are key

thats why some sound better to others

just like dacs

5 minutes ago, pas008 said:

this comment exactly

do you criticize people for wanting a preferred sound signature? cause its subjective? works the them but not you correct?

Imn not critisizingf anyone for their preferred sound signature if so. people would hard critisize me for my preferred sound signature cause it's not at all neutral. Im not ciritisizing ninja for the 990 I personally use it. Im critisizing the choice of dac amp because it's not very good. and critisizing fortnite's sound engine cause it's also not very good. 

3 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Imn not critisizingf anyone for their preferred sound signature if so. people would hard critisize me for my preferred sound signature cause it's not at all neutral. Im not ciritisizing ninja for the 990 I personally use it. Im critisizing the choice of dac amp because it's not very good. and critisizing fortnite's sound engine cause it's also not very good. 

x7 user here

tell me whats wrong with it?

please tell me why i should be using something else love to hear this lol

Just now, pas008 said:

x7 user here

tell me whats wrong with it?

please tell me why i should be using something else love to hear this lol

It does a lot as a ll in one unit but not any of it really that great considering the price. basically it and for the price you can get butter cleaner gear. like a jds labs atom for a headphone , topping d10 or d30 or even a khadas tone board  as a DAC , and  a Topping PA 3 as a speaker amp sort of like a custom built pc vs a prebuilt. I wouldn't have much against the X7 if it was cheaper to be completely honest with you 

4 minutes ago, rice guru said:

It does a lot as a ll in one unit but not any of it really that great considering the price. basically it and for the price you can get butter cleaner gear. like a jds labs atom for a headphone , topping d10 or d30 or even a khadas tone board  as a DAC , and  a Topping PA 3 as a speaker amp sort of like a custom built pc vs a prebuilt. I wouldn't have much against the X7 if it was cheaper to be completely honest with you 

i have few other dacs and amps all sit in basement

o2 combo, schiit, monoprice, fiios, and some others

prefer x7 all the way, did enjoy them for music and have a fiios on my nightstand with dt770s

First of all thanks to everyone for the replies and suggestions. 

So at this time I've understood one thing that is in common with all of you: don't get the MixAmp Pro TR.

For the surround yes or no argument I think is an individual taste and I personally like it so it's wrong to say: "Surround sucks don't use it".

Now I've 2 questions:

• Does Hesuvi provide the same "quality" of surround like in the mixamp/Sennheiser/gamDac and other hardware DAC with DTS/Dolby ?
  • Which is the best amp/dac for the HyperX alpha S for around 120€ ??

For the last question should be better if it has the ability to mute the mic and the game/chat mix but suggest anyway what you think is the best for that price range.

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

i have few other dacs and amps all sit in basement

o2 combo, schiit, monoprice, fiios, and some others

prefer x7 all the way, did enjoy them for music and have a fiios on my nightstand with dt770s

our of curiousity which schiit, monoprice, fiios and DACS?

2 minutes ago, SHOT said:

First of all thanks to everyone for the replies and suggestions. 

So at this time I've understood one thing that is in common with all of you: don't get the MixAmp Pro TR.

For the surround yes or no argument I think is an individual taste and I personally like it so it's wrong to say: "Surround sucks don't use it".

Now I've 2 questions:

• Does Hesuvi provide the same "quality" of surround like in the mixamp/Sennheiser/gamDac and other hardware DAC with DTS/Dolby ?
  • Which is the best amp/dac for the HyperX alpha S for around 120€ ??

For the last question should be better if it has the ability to mute the mic and the game/chat mix but suggest anyway what you think is the best for that price range.

honestly I would dsave up more for better cans or just uuse that money for better cans and run it off my motherboard and use hesuvi with it

13 minutes ago, rice guru said:

our of curiousity which schiit, monoprice, fiios and DACS?

schiit stack that was like around 250

modimagni 2

monoprice one that was like 100 few yrs ago

fiios i have few but many low end ones just for people to have audio when their shit breaks

but cant remember model of the one is bedroom its just so I can power those dt770

fyi I had much more trying to downsize

my headphone collection is around a dozen now too

but hated giving up some was like no, but then they only get used once in a great while

yeah never really liked the modi magni either but for a while we had like no choioice aside from the o2 combo . Im guessing thats the monoprice dac amp and not any of their recent stuff which was alright. 

26 minutes ago, rice guru said:

honestly I would dsave up more for better cans or just uuse that money for better cans and run it off my motherboard and use hesuvi with it

I don't think I will spend more than that for a DAC and honestly I don't think I will hear the difference between a 130$ and a 200$ dac.

I think that the difference between a stock usb dac sold with the headset and a 120$ dac is noticeable

1 minute ago, SHOT said:

I don't think I will spend more than that for a DAC and honestly I don't think I will hear the difference between a 130$ and a 200$ dac.

I think that the difference between a stock usb dac sold with the headset and a 120$ dac is noticeable

get better headphones first like he said

thats my opinion too

1 minute ago, SHOT said:

I was trying to say hold off on the dac for now and save up or use that money to spend on better headphones as that would be the biggest improvement in sound