Best DAC with Surround sound for gaming

SHOT
10 minutes ago, rice guru said:

yeah never really liked the modi magni either but for a while we had like no choioice aside from the o2 combo . Im guessing thats the monoprice dac amp and not any of their recent stuff which was alright. 

yeah i quit with my office audio shit like 2 yrs ago realized it plateaus really fast now days

you re paying more for pretty much unnoticeable changes except on the headphones themselves which is why I still have a dozen of those

i'm glad audio doesnt depreciate value like most electronics, sold my mixer for profit lol

I kinda think of it as I got to rent much of it and good thing I know others that love to do the same or even swap for awhile

Wait, why are you saying that the alpha s are bad? I've read a lot of good reviews about the alphas..

For 120€ what would you buy?

3 minutes ago, SHOT said:

Wait, why are you saying that the alpha s are bad? I've read a lot of good reviews about the alphas..

For 120€ what would you buy?

maybe dt 770 80/250 ohm what online shops do you shop from?

Just now, rice guru said:

maybe dt 770 80/250 ohm what online shops do you shop from?

I'm buying them from amazon.it and I need an headset with the microphone.. I use them to play and chat in discord

2 minutes ago, SHOT said:

I'm buying them from amazon.it and I need an headset with the microphone.. I use them to play and chat in discord

closed or open

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

closed or open

Closed would be better

10 hours ago, rice guru said:

6xx is not good for gaming get the 58x instead superior imaging and soundstage much better for gaming or he 4xx with the current sale

Don't use the 6XX for gaming lmao. It's a HD 650 for the price of a HD 599, its just overall great value

I've never tried on planar magnetics, but they seem pretty good

17 hours ago, pas008 said:

What does ninja use for Audio setup? How long?

How about shroud what's his audio setup? And his previous

Please link them lol

Sorry if you're google skills is terrible

https://livestreamersetups.com/shroud/

Astralis (one of the best professional CSGO teams) uses Bose A20 aviation headsets with no dac/amp iirc

1 hour ago, Firewrath9 said:

Sorry if you're google skills is terrible

https://livestreamersetups.com/shroud/

Astralis (one of the best professional CSGO teams) uses Bose A20 aviation headsets with no dac/amp iirc

wow you still dont understand do you

those games have great sound built into those games

they have headphone mode with binaural/hrtf/etc

if you read previous post you understand esport games focus on great audio built into the game so the playing field is level

not every game sound is made like csgo or overwatch

how is sound made in all these games? algorithms? oh wait cant use them on shit sound games

lol

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

wow you still dont understand do you

those games have great sound built into those games

they have headphone mode with binaural/hrtf/etc

if you read previous post you understand esport games focus on great audio built into the game so the playing field is level

not every game sound is made like csgo or overwatch

how is sound made in all these games? algorithms? oh wait cant use them on shit sound games

lol

lOL sO fuNy

lMaO

42 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

lOL sO fuNy

lMaO

read below lol and try the videos

obviously there is a difference

people have sound signature preferences just like vss preferences when the game has none built in

whats so funny is your attitude of not understanding

whats next everyone needs to use your signature preferences too

fyi as you can see shroud is sponsored by hyperx too along with that headset looks pretty convenient for his streaming/etc purposes

9 hours ago, an actual squirrel said:

Overwatch has a "dolby atmos for headphones", pubg has an "hrtf" setting, csgo has hrtf under the "advanced 3d audio processing" setting . These are virtual surround sound settings, so there may well be many high level players using virtual surround sound, which is much more accessible when it is a setting in the game. However. when these type of options aren't available, then something like virtual 7.1 is needed for similar benefits.

I'm a big proponent of using virtual surround sound, and I think it would surprise most laypeople how logical the case for using virtual 7.1 over a plain stereo mix is. When you have discrete front and back channels, it gives you the opportunity to distinguish these directions in situations where a plain stereo mix can not. And if a game were to assume front facing stereo speakers, this would further reduce the amount of directional information from audio panning. In these two areas, you can see objective advantages with working with a virtual 7.1 mix over a regular stereo mix.

Now, some people do have problems with subjective quality of virtual surround sound, particularly if the algorithm is simulating the reverb of a room, which does otherwise help with externalization (the sensation that sounds are coming from outside the headphones). But I've never viewed this as a deal breaker, since with repeated exposure, you can adapt to it, and it'll eventually just sound pretty normal.

11 hours ago, pas008 said:

Lol None of it well you realize sbx was thx before?

You realize there is a huge difference

I find it funny you always criticize it also when the fact many audiophiles with better shot than you or i use it also for their setups

Fyi i own o2combo and many others let alone tried many too but many games have shit soundfor headphones so using 7.1 in the game and allowing vss to downmix makes huge wonders

Oh there isn't a difference listen

If you really do have ears and understand

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

-snip-

I think somebody needs to calm down. Let's agree to disagree on this, and part our separate ways.

2 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

I think somebody needs to calm down. Let's agree to disagree on this, and part our separate ways.

maybe you should play devils advocate instead of instantly biased

especially on games that only offer speaker surround and no headphone mode/hrtf/binaural/etc

I have seen many do this until they played devils advocate and realized hey this works its not perfect but damn better than the shit sound from this game

4 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

Don't use the 6XX for gaming lmao. It's a HD 650 for the price of a HD 599, its just overall great value

I've never tried on planar magnetics, but they seem pretty good

So is the 58x like literally 90% of a 660 for even less money. I was just stating the the 650 isn't very good for gaming compared to other options in the same price point.

6 hours ago, SHOT said:

I've just found out this https://en.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-x3 which should be exacly what I'm searching. It has the tools of mixamp with the quality of the soundblaster. What do you think?

Looks ok but I've never heard it so I don't know. I still there no you should get better headphones instead. Maybe ang k371, or the previously mentioned DT 770. And add a modmic.

So is the 58x like literally 90% of a 660 for even less money. I was just stating the the 650 isn't very good for gaming compared to other options in the same price point.

?‍♂️I'm not really an audiophile, but the 6XX and the 58X aren't really designed for gaming. The H4xx looks cool, I'm actually considering getting one. I've never tried planar magnetics. 

Looks ok but I've never heard it so I don't know. I still there no you should get better headphones instead. Maybe ang k371, or the previously mentioned DT 770. And add a modmic.

Modmics are overrated imo, just get a blue snowball ice and a boom arm/shield. Better sound quality, and you can use the snowball on a laptop or something

Just now, Firewrath9 said:

?‍♂️I'm not really an audiophile, but the 6XX and the 58X aren't really designed for gaming. The H4xx looks cool, I'm actually considering getting one. I've never tried planar magnetics. 

Modmics are overrated imo, just get a blue snowball ice and a boom arm/shield. Better sound quality, and you can use the snowball on a laptop or somethin

For his budget though.... . I mean the DT 770 or HD 800s isn't made for gaming but excellent for gaming regardless theere are factors into play on what make a good gaming headphones like soundstage and imaingand the 6xx compared to other options isn't that great at either but don't get me wrong still good value for a a music can