Elder Scrolls Online Play or Not Play

Monti

I just go a beta key for the game and I was wondering if it is worth it to download a 21 gb game with no idea what I will feel about it. So I'm asking has anyone played the game before and can give me some feed back. Thanks

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

get it its worth it

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

I thought it was terrible and won't bother playing a game I won't pay $15 a month for anyways :D

İts an awsome game beign destroyed by the publishers (Zenimax) but its worth downloading !

I'm personally going to wait a while till I buy it.

I wasn't much of a fan of Skyrim so I am not to hyped about Elder scrolls online. The Witcher 3 in the other hand. I can't wait for that game to be released.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

İts an awsome game beign destroyed by the publishers (Zenimax) but its worth downloading !

isn't zenimax the developers not publishers?

It depends. Try it out anyway, but don't expect too much from it. A lot of it feels like it's missing something. I personally feel like it's a massive waste of time and stopped playing after the first beta session.  It actually just made me want to play Skyrim more than I wanted to progress half-assedly in the game.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

I just go a beta key for the game and I was wondering if it is worth it to download a 21 gb game with no idea what I will feel about it. So I'm asking has anyone played the game before and can give me some feed back. Thanks

I may or may not have perhaps maybe played it, but yeah its worth.

isn't zenimax the developers not publishers?

Zenimax Online Studios is the dev. But Zenimax Media Inc owns ZOS and Bethesda. So ZMI owns them both, but ZOS and Bethesda are "sister studios". They also own id Software.

If you have shitty internet and data caps then no it isn't worth it, if you have decent net and don't mind the download then sure try it out and see if you like it. I personally think it is trash and sad to see one of my favorite IP's destroyed but that is just me.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

I think it is worth it. The latest BETA phase was better than the previous ones.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I thought it was terrible and won't bother playing a game I won't pay $15 a month for anyways :D

Monthly subscriptions automatically turn me off.  I'm not paying $15 a month to waste my life, I already have a whole lot of games to do that for me.  :P

Monthly subscriptions automatically turn me off.  I'm not paying $15 a month to waste my life, I already have a whole lot of games to do that for me.  :P

That cost less and work after a one time purchase... <.<

do we know if there will be more time to play the beta after the 10th?

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

Elder Scrolls Online will be a fantastic game. Seriously the ENTIRE reason why I bought a gaming pc at the end of 2012(and Diablo III played a big part in it since they are the only PC exclusives I wanted to play then) If I would have know these games were coming out for consoles at the time of buying my gaming PC, I would't have bought a PC and I would not be on this forum right now. That being said, I do not regret buying my it. I prefer playing all games on PC rather than on consoles. . The Elder Scrolls online was set to come out in 2013 at first, but it got pushed back. and honestly am almost dying that this game is around the corner.

When I heard about the game I was so happy. Everything about the game sounds amazing. I am a pretty big elder scrolls fan and I have been wanting to get into an MMO for a long time. However, I can't get into any of the MMos out there right now because when start i'm a complete noob. I don't really have friends that play mmos that are currently out to help me. I feel like a noob because, 1. I'm level 1, 2. I don't know any of the lore. And that's probably the biggest reason why I can not get into these MMOs, not knowing the lore kills the experience for me.

But, with elder scrolls online I will know a lot of the lore, I'll know about weapons, Armour, items, spells, ect... because I've played the single player games and I know how the Elder Scrolls works. So naturally I feel so attracted this game is almost ridiculous.

Honestly, I hear how people are saying how it's not going to be a good MMO and stuff. Why? I haven't found a single reason why ESO will fail. Honestly I think it has the potential to pass up World of Warcraft for top MMO.

But back on topic, I've been invited to the beta three times now. The first time, I didn't feel like playing it because I just got of a long week of work (I travel) and when i got back home I had other games to play. The second time I got invited, I couldn't get into it because I had problems verifying and activating my account. The process took about 5 days to get it resolved with ESO support team. This time, I will not get the beta downloaded in time. I have a terribly slow internet connection and I only managed to download 6% yesterday and today, and it will take honestly About a week to get it finished. So I'll just pass again.. :(    and i'll just play in the next beta.

But back to my question for you people....  why do you think ESO will fail? Why don't you like it?

Honestly, I hear how people are saying how it's not going to be a good MMO and stuff. Why? I haven't found a single reason why ESO will fail. Honestly I think it has the potential to pass up World of Warcraft for top MMO.

No compelling end-game, as simple as that. ESO is pretty meh and yes I have been in beta so I'm not just talking out of my ass. It's skyrim (which has a horrible combat system) with hot-bar spells tacked on.

Now Wildstar, that's what I'm looking forward to. Pretty keen to see how the raiding is on there.

As for the F2P vs P2P. I much prefer the P2P model, not a fan of HUGE cash-shops that have hundreds of sets of gear and allow you to buy currency etc. I really like the look of Wildstar's business model. You can literally buy game time with in-game currency if you can manage to earn enough monthly. And it also has the original P2P option as well.

https://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/the_business_model_of_wildstar.php

No compelling end-game, as simple as that. ESO is pretty meh and yes I have been in beta so I'm not just talking out of my ass. It's skyrim (which has a horrible combat system) with hot-bar spells tacked on.

Now Wildstar, that's what I'm looking forward to. Pretty keen to see how the raiding is on there.

As for the F2P vs P2P. I much prefer the P2P model, not a fan of HUGE cash-shops that have hundreds of sets of gear and allow you to buy currency etc. I really like the look of Wildstar's business model.

https://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/the_business_model_of_wildstar.php

But the Beta isn't the final game? YOU TEST THE GAME IN BETA. Beta = Not finished. I don't understand what people don't get about this. You can't judge a game by the beta! it's not the final product.

And I just read your link, and I've never heard of that game. But I can already tell you i'm not interested because

players can buy gold with real money? (if I read it correctly) and that just mean pay to win. People who spend the most reall life money have an advantage. Also, this is why the Diablo II auction house was a complete failure

Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn was horrible first time around, but I was in the last few BETAs of it and it was really, really good. A lot of people hate on that game but most of them never even played it. It is really addictive and fun, and easy to hook up with friends should you like that kind of thing in MMOs.

I think people judge way too quickly, especially when it is in BETA. How silly.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

But the Beta isn't the final game? YOU TEST THE GAME IN BETA. Beta = Not finished. I don't understand what people don't get about this. You can't judge a game by the beta! it's not the final product.

And I just read your link, and I've never heard of that game. But I can already tell you i'm not interested because

players can buy gold with real money? (if I read it correctly) and that just mean pay to win. People who spend the most reall life money have an advantage. Also, this is why the Diablo II auction house was a complete failure

You read wrong, you can buy game-time with in game gold.

You're first month of Wildstar is free, if you don't want to pay sub you can earn in-game currency and buy C.R.E.D.D. with that in-game currency which in turn gives you game time.

I realize the game isn't finished but they've already stated they're not going to implement raids at all. So the end game is going to PvP and small scale dungeons. With no competitive PvE end game it just isn't the game for me. But hey, if you like good for you, this is just my opinion.

The beta is great, I have a few months experience of it, but I would wait for cheapening. I would rather pre order Witcher 3, assuming my 780 can run it.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink