Need help finding good surround headset

CreativeName6426

I help finding a good 7.1 surround headset for PC gaming. It does need to have a mic, but it does not necessarily have to be a good one (it does have to be at least audible though). My budget is $100-$120. 

(I apologize if this is in the wrong area I wasn't sure if it should be in Peripherals or Audio)

1 hour ago, J4C0B 4W3S0M3 said:

I help finding a good 7.1 surround headset for PC gaming. It does need to have a mic, but it does not necessarily have to be a good one (it does have to be at least audible though). My budget is $100-$120. 

(I apologize if this is in the wrong area I wasn't sure if it should be in Peripherals or Audio)

Sennheiser PC37X. If you want to spend less, Hyperx line

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

On 11/8/2019 at 2:23 PM, Firewrath9 said:

7.1 is terrible for gaming, and it throws me off. For a gaming headset, I'd reccommend the Arctis 7, or a Sennheiser PC37X/HD58X

Remember, because 7.1 has discrete front and rear channels, it will be able to resolve front/back in situations where traditional stereo can not. This advantage is intuitive for speaker systems, but can also apply to headphones using virtual 7.1 surround sound processing.

For a demonstration of the advantages, see this video that looks at the in game virtual surround sound for headphones setting in pubg:

14 minutes ago, an actual squirrel said:

Remember, because 7.1 has discrete front and rear channels, it will be able to resolve front/back in situations where traditional stereo can not. This advantage is intuitive for speaker systems, but can also apply to headphones using virtual 7.1 surround sound processing.

For a demonstration of the advantages, see this video that looks at the in game virtual surround sound for headphones setting in pubg:

The majority of CSGO pro players play with stereo sound, for the simple fact that surround is terrible.

1 hour ago, Firewrath9 said:

The majority of CSGO pro players play with stereo sound, for the simple fact that surround is terrible.

The advanced 3d audio processing setting in csgo encompasses a virtual surround sound for headphones setting. In other games where there is no such option, you generally need virtual 7.1 to get the same type of benefits.

If people aren't using it, I think it is due to ignorance about the potential benefits (because how audio works is just a mystery for a lot of people) or just plain old resistance to change.