Changing Case and Motherboard :D

BigChimp97

I'm currently in the process of buying a new ASUS Sabertooth 990FX and Fractal Design Define R4 (if you recommend anything else, please state why, as i havent bought them yet) to replace my old ASUS M5A97 and Antec 300.

This is how my pc is currently :)

And I should be doing the whole swap in the next week, I'll be adding pics whilst doing the swap, and also after the swap :)

post-8201-0-65663700-1391725886_thumb.jp

post-8201-0-56268000-1391725897_thumb.jp

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

Will it be the Black Pearl with side window? I'm planning on getting that one myself.

I'm getting the Titanium with a window :) its just a personal preference but for me the brushed metal look of the titanium looks better than the black, imo 

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

I'm getting the Titanium with a window :) its just a personal preference but for me the brushed metal look of the titanium looks better than the black, imo 

I was just trying to relate :P too each their own. I haven't had a look at the titanium. I will look now actually

My n00Build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NameOfNoInterest/saved/ 

Do you really expect me to know things? 

$25.67/$~2500 (Price changes hourly..) I'm 1/100th of the way there!

I was just trying to relate :P too each their own. I haven't had a look at the titanium. I will look now actually

Plus i've had plain black cases for the last 5 years and wanted something abit different for once :)

Love it. But its about 20 dollars more. I felt a small part of me die as I crossed the 2500 line on my build

so many R4 build. 

well it's a good case so yeah. ^^

btw, your avatar is perfect. :P

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

so many R4 build. 

Lol gotta love bananas. R4's seem to be a general choice by alot of people lately

so many R4 build.

HAHA thanks, I found it and though "yes, must have"! Suits my display name pretty well haha :) I was thinking of waiting and getting the H440 :/ but apparently the airflow isn't very good, seeing the tiny vents it has haha

Love it. But its about 20 dollars more. I felt a small part of me die as I crossed the 2500 line on my build

The White is even more! I don't understand why different colours change prices but oh well, looks like I'll be joining the R4 club soon!

The White is even more! I don't understand why different colours change prices but oh well, looks like I'll be joining the R4 club soon!

because white is superior.

subtle racism is the best racism... :P

because white is superior.

subtle racism is the best racism... :P

That was probably the most unsubtle racism I've seen on this forum xD

That was probably the most unsubtle racism I've seen on this forum xD

depends. :P without context yes, with context, not really. :P

depends. :P without context yes, with context, not really. :P

Depends on the intention ;)

The h440 does look like a great case though if anyone intends on buying it lol :P

I would go the gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 it is a better motherboard for the look you're going for

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

I would go the gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 it is a better motherboard for the look you're going for

Would I lose out on performance? Quality? (I won't be OC'ing anything, it's a personal preference that I don't feel comfortable with with OC'ing)

I have been recommended it before btw :)

Both are 990fx chipset so they should have the same performance in theory. Gigabytes quality is outstanding I've had their boards and they are superb. It is an added bonus if you ever want to OC because it is good for that :)

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Both are 990fx chipset so they should have the same performance in theory. Gigabytes quality is outstanding I've had their boards and they are superb. It is an added bonus if you ever want to OC because it is good for that :)

The main reason that I'm changing board us because I'd may sli my next card, would the gigabyte give the same sli performance as the Sabertooth? The Gigabyte is also £30 cheaper :)

I believe the difference would be near non existent. If there is anything different it would cause like a 1 frame difference

I believe the difference would be near non existent. If there is anything different it would cause like a 1 frame difference

I've been recommended the Ud3 before, and seeing as it's £30 cheaper I may decide to go with that, If I won't see any real world difference.

I've also had a topic going about choosing between these two motherboards lol

Seeing as I may go with the UD3 what would be the best quiet fans out there that I could get that would also look great in my build?

I've also had a topic going about choosing between these two motherboards lol

Seeing as I may go with the UD3 what would be the best quiet fans out there that I could get that would also look great in my build?

Before you buy that one look into the ASUS M5A99fx Pro r.2. It is basicaly the gigabyte board but with the quality of ASUS. I own the board and it has capability to do dual 16x PCI-e crossfire/SLI. Also the ASUS one has their ai suite software which has it uses. I don't know how much it is verses the gigabyte one. 

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A99FX_PRO_R20/

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

Got to love the Antec 300! It was my first case for my first build and I loved It! Can not wait for the next update!

Z87 Blue Beast - - - Intel 4670k at 4.4 GHZ - GTX 770 - MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX - Seasonic 760W 80+ Platinum - Corsair 650D - Aquaero - H100i [CLICK]