Changing Case and Motherboard :D

BigChimp97

He was going to help anyway :P lol, id rather not ruin my 8350 by bending some pins, my friend has bent pins in the past and managed to bend them all back into place..... i woulda just given up xD and i've tried to a couple of days ago, he hasnt replied yet :(

Sorry to hear that 

My n00Build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NameOfNoInterest/saved/ 

Do you really expect me to know things? 

$25.67/$~2500 (Price changes hourly..) I'm 1/100th of the way there!

Sorry to hear that 

Just gotta wait lol :P but i should have the change over done by the end of next week :) ill carry on updating if i change things around

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

Just gotta wait lol :P but i should have the change over done by the end of next week :) ill carry on updating if i change things around

Alright sounds like an idea.

My n00Build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NameOfNoInterest/saved/ 

Do you really expect me to know things? 

$25.67/$~2500 (Price changes hourly..) I'm 1/100th of the way there!

Will all be ordered shortly :)

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

When is it to be shipped? :D

Sorry internet cut out over the weekend, so haven't had a chance to order it, it'll be ordered this week sometime :) I'll keep the thread updated

If you get the R4 and UD3 you'll be getting exactly what I did this over black Friday, and I don't regret it one bit. The board is awesome and looks amazing. I have my 8350 at 4.5GHz and memory at 2134 MHz without any tinkering, I could go further but I don't feel like spending the time right now. As for the R4 there's nothing that needs to be said, it's a dream of a case to work in. 

As for the motherboard upgrade, if you don't do any prep you will have to do a clean install, it can be kind of a pain, but that's what I did. There are ways to avoid it, here's an example of a well written guide on how to do so:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/200827/how_to_upgrade_your_motherboard_the_easy_way.html

Good idea!
Also, does anyone know an alternative to the Fractal Design R4 which is also similar in price and not a Corsair one?

If you get the R4 and UD3 you'll be getting exactly what I did this over black Friday, and I don't regret it one bit. The board is awesome and looks amazing. I have my 8350 at 4.5GHz and memory at 2134 MHz without any tinkering, I could go further but I don't feel like spending the time right now. As for the R4 there's nothing that needs to be said, it's a dream of a case to work in. 

As for the motherboard upgrade, if you don't do any prep you will have to do a clean install, it can be kind of a pain, but that's what I did. There are ways to avoid it, here's an example of a well written guide on how to do so:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/200827/how_to_upgrade_your_motherboard_the_easy_way.html

Thanks for the info nan :) much appreciated, but I've decided to go with the Sabertooth, it seems to be the better if the two and I don't plan in changing again for years to come, so I'd rather get the best that I can afford. I didn't realise I would have to do a reinstall, will have to read it up.

When is it to be shipped? :D

Been ordered and it'll be here sometime tomorrow, but it won't be all changed over until Thursday :)

Will i have to install a new windows 7 with the new board, if i buy one?

i had to when i got the asus crosshair V Formula-Z but it was an entirely new chipset, i had an old board before, so i had to reinstall windows, but if you're getting / have an ssd, get windows 8.1 it not all that bad and you can enjoy insanely fast boot times. :D

i had to when i got the asus crosshair V Formula-Z but it was an entirely new chipset, i had an old board before, so i had to reinstall windows, but if you're getting / have an ssd, get windows 8.1 it not all that bad and you can enjoy insanely fast boot times. :D

Ok thanks for the heads up :) but I don't have an ssd, I chose to not get it, it I have to do a fresh install I may get windows 8, not sure though. Would it give any performance boost?

Ok thanks for the heads up :) but I don't have an ssd, I chose to not get it, it I have to do a fresh install I may get windows 8, not sure though. Would it give any performance boost?

ssd was one of the best upgrades i've gotten so far, games load 50% faster as there is no os on my hdd, and games from the ssd are ridiculously quick. supposedly you can boot to desktop in win 8.1 in 2 seconds with an ssd, not upgraded yet

ssd was one of the best upgrades i've gotten so far, games load 50% faster as there is no os on my hdd, and games from the ssd are ridiculously quick. supposedly you can boot to desktop in win 8.1 in 2 seconds with an ssd, not upgraded yet

Seeing as SSD's are dropping in price I'm going to be waiting until later to buy one :)

Seeing as SSD's are dropping in price I'm going to be waiting until later to buy one :)

i got the samsung 840 EVO 120gb for around £70 including VAT so not a bad price, really worth it! i think im installing 8.1 tonight but idk if it's worth it as i have loads of games on my hdd and dont wanna format it :/

i got the samsung 840 EVO 120gb for around £70 including VAT so not a bad price, really worth it! i think im installing 8.1 tonight but idk if it's worth it as i have loads of games on my hdd and dont wanna format it :/

I've just spent all my money on the new case and motherboard lol :P I'll get one in the future though :)

I've just spent all my money on the new case and motherboard lol :P I'll get one in the future though :)

i've sinked about £400~ into my rig atm, not even got a new graphics card yet :/ next stop, new case, h100i, power supply, then ill be ready for a new gpu D:

i've sinked about £400~ into my rig atm, not even got a new graphics card yet :/ next stop, new case, h100i, power supply, then ill be ready for a new gpu D:

haha have fun man! Can't wait till Thursday to get everything changed over :)

haha have fun man! Can't wait till Thursday to get everything changed over :)

2 weeks on friday i'll be buying a new case and the cooler, but i dont have to wait for delivery, i know a local shop that orders it in for me next day i just order it in a day before i get paid then i go in and pick em up, it's a pretty sweet arrangement actually because he beats any price i give him ^^

2 weeks on friday i'll be buying a new case and the cooler, but i dont have to wait for delivery, i know a local shop that orders it in for me next day i just order it in a day before i get paid then i go in and pick em up, it's a pretty sweet arrangement actually because he beats any price i give him ^^

Fair enough, if you don't have to pay the extra then why not haha :) my local shops are rubbish for pc parts etc so it's best to buy online :)

Fair enough, if you don't have to pay the extra then why not haha :) my local shops are rubbish for pc parts etc so it's best to buy online :)

yeah, i dont like buying pc parts online, the thought of having stuff delivered scares me. especially if something is DOA because then you have to wait to get the part, pro's con's ;) i cant wait til it's finished though, then i can finally start driving xD

yeah, i dont like buying pc parts online, the thought of having stuff delivered scares me. especially if something is DOA because then you have to wait to get the part, pro's con's ;) i cant wait til it's finished though, then i can finally start driving xD

yer I guess :) hope the build goes well though!

you too man! also i cant stop laughing at your profile pic, everyone is looking at me wierd in the office xD

Thanks!! Haha i chose it, cus i thought it went well my UserName, if you get sacked dont blame me!! :P i'll be updating the thread, once i've changed everything over :) hopefully everyone will like it?