Having trouble setting a custom resolution for my monitor.

MoonKnightSpidey

Hey, I was trying to set a custom resolution and refresh rate on my CRT monitor plugged into my GT 730 via the vga port. Was trying to do 480p 144hz, but I'm not sure if my monitor supports it because when I press test, my monitor has the error message. OUT OF RANGE 90.8K 144Hz. However when I try to do lower refresh rates that the monitor appears to support (480p 100Hz) the customized resolution does not appear under the list of selectable resolutions, despite it having saved. Any help would be appreciated.

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

30 minutes ago, MoonKnightSpidey said:

Hey, I was trying to set a custom resolution and refresh rate on my CRT monitor plugged into my GT 730 via the vga port. Was trying to do 480p 144hz, but I'm not sure if

Are you creating a custom resolution in the nvidia control panel?

Is this just some secondary PC? or do you have 2 GPUs plugged into your main rig there.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Are you creating a custom resolution in the nvidia control panel?

Is this just some secondary PC? or do you have 2 GPUs plugged into your main rig there.

yeah using nvidia control panel, and i temporary swapped swapped out the 380 for the gt 730. i made sure all drivers were uninstalled before putting in the 730 tho

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000