Have i Crippled my CPU?

Currently running a ryzen 1700 and gtx 1080.

was messing about with ryzen master system the other day for the first time. increased the clock speed of my cpu and it crashed as soon as i ran cinebench. reverted everything in the bios and now i'm getting extreme stuttering whenever i move my mouse (frames stable in games and no stuttering when im not moving my mouse). problem seems to alleviate a little when i reduce the polling rate from 500 to 125Hz. Also noticed that my GPU power draw is insanely wild when i run furmark. im Assuming i broke my CPUs legs and put it in a wheelchair. is there a way to fix it or do i nedd a new CPU?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Truly_x_Silent said:

do i nedd a new CPU?

No, you don't. Just reset your settings in Ryzen Master and then reset all your BIOS-settings, that should fix it. If it doesn't, you can always then reinstall Windows. If the CPU was broken, it wouldn't work, so your problems are just some configuration-setting being wrong somewhere.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

No, you don't. Just reset your settings in Ryzen Master and then reset all your BIOS-settings, that should fix it. If it doesn't, you can always then reinstall Windows. If the CPU was broken, it wouldn't work, so your problems are just some configuration-setting being wrong somewhere.

Ive reset the bios settings already and reset ryzen settings. I haven't done a fresh install of windows yet, just a system restore. should i still try it?

If you only changed the clock speeds, then I doubt that you hurt it at all. Maybe Windows was doing something in the background and the sudden shutdown corrupted it.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

8 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

If you only changed the clock speeds, then I doubt that you hurt it at all. Maybe Windows was doing something in the background and the sudden shutdown corrupted it.

Sounds like a fresh install would be a good idea then. Just thought it was the CPU because a friend had the same problem and swapped out his CPU to fix the problem.

What if the re-install doesn't fix the problem?

Have you tried resetting the CMOS? Switch the PSU off, take out the motherboard's CMOS battery and leave it out for a couple of minutes, then put it back in.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

12 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Have you tried resetting the CMOS? Switch the PSU off, take out the motherboard's CMOS battery and leave it out for a couple of minutes, then put it back in.

yep already tried that

19 minutes ago, Truly_x_Silent said:

What if the re-install doesn't fix the problem?

Then maybe try setting a low Voltage OC in the BIOS and see if it becomes more stable. What kind of frequency did you set in Ryzen master, btw?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

9 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Then maybe try setting a low Voltage OC in the BIOS and see if it becomes more stable. What kind of frequency did you set in Ryzen master, btw?

cant exactly remember, but i do remember forgetting to increase the voltage and thats why it crashed on me.