Upgrading my Gfx card help

Jl360

So I wanna keep it in the 400-800 range my use is kinda strange I run a Hackintosh dual boot my son plays roblox, Minecraft and fort nite but the catch is I run two TVs on it both 7 series Samsung’s one 55 on 40 right now I think I have a 480 8gig if memory serves me right that has been struggling. Any help please

for the hackintosh side you need mostly a rx580 because mac side of things usually prefers amd gpus

on pc you can use the amd too, but also a nvidia

about run two tvs, some gpus have two hdmi outputs, but most come with only one hdmi output, so you might need a displayport to hdmi converter

you don't mention specs, in terms of ram, psu, motherboard and case to give you a better recomendation

10 minutes ago, Jl360 said:

So I wanna keep it in the 400-800 range

that's a huge range, and the RX 480 you listed should absolutely not be struggling to run Minecraft, Fortnite, and Roblox. Can you list the rest of your PC specifications? Also you listed that you have 

12 minutes ago, Jl360 said:

two TVs on it both 7 series Samsung’s one 55 on 40

the size does not matter, are these 4k TVs?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

15 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

that's a huge range, and the RX 480 you listed should absolutely not be struggling to run Minecraft, Fortnite, and Roblox. Can you list the rest of your PC specifications? Also you listed that you have 

the size does not matter, are these 4k TVs?

12 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

That’s something I kinda glossed over, that is concerning.

in 4k maybe, but all 3 of those are cpu intensive games, it might be a cpu upgrade that’s needed instead 

Those are both 4k TV's, so I believe a CPU and GPU upgrade may be in order. Obviously, OP needs to give us full system specs.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Sorry didn’t think about that comp spec it’s 

mobo auros ultra

i5 9600k

16gig ddr4 3400

512gig 970 evo plus

yes both TVs are 4K and that’s where the issues start. I know they were more cpu based so that’s why started by upgrading cpu from my old 4series 

14 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

In 4k I can understand the 480 struggling. 
Pick up a 5700XT, if you can get one cheap the Vega 56 and 64 also have good hackintosh support and would be substantial upgrades. 

Idk about the other games but I’m a loser in their 20’s who has been playing Roblox since 2008, you’ll never see over 60fps as it’s physics capped, and it does have Metal API support, though you have to select it in studio to get the game to use it.

They all look about the same price seems like the 5700 has the best benchmarks though. Is there a brand preference? You mention sapphire and I’ve had there cards before and they were nice. 

2 hours ago, Genwyn said:

Sapphire tested to be the best thermally and acoustically for a 5700xt. Check out the gamersnexus reviews on those cards.

The XFX THICC is the worst, the Powercolor one is average. 

Awesome I’ll check that site but sounds like sapphire it is