Corsair RGB connection

Kleofash

Hello LTT Group,

I am planning to build new PC full of Corsair RGB and after some researching here I finally almost know how to connect it. I just need quick recap and confirmation what all will be needed.

I want 6 LL fans + 2 LL on h110i liquid cooler + 4 led strips. 2 for interior and 2 exterior (in two channels). I will be building in corsair crystal 680x, so there will be 1 rgb hub and node preinstalled.

Asus x570 Prime Pro should have enough usb/rgb headers and it will be all connected to RM850X.

So only thing I need to order is Commander Pro right? And no pwm splitters will be needed? Another question is how to connect LED strips in two channels. I guess 2 strips goes to 1st channel of LNP, another 2 strips to 2nd channel of LNP and then usb from LNP goes to the motherboard usb 2.0 header. Am I right?

Last thing that I don´t know for sure is how to connect 2 fans from h100i. On this diagram is only shown pump connection. Not the fans. So I guess these two are going to MB fan and rgb headers? Will it be synchronized like that or I will need another RGB hub?

gik007yzsj711.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Thanks for your advices and have a nice day.

5 hours ago, Kleofash said:

Hello LTT Group,

I am planning to build new PC full of Corsair RGB and after some researching here I finally almost know how to connect it. I just need quick recap and confirmation what all will be needed.

I want 6 LL fans + 2 LL on h110i liquid cooler + 4 led strips. 2 for interior and 2 exterior (in two channels). I will be building in corsair crystal 680x, so there will be 1 rgb hub and node preinstalled.

Asus x570 Prime Pro should have enough usb/rgb headers and it will be all connected to RM850X.

So only thing I need to order is Commander Pro right? And no pwm splitters will be needed? Another question is how to connect LED strips in two channels. I guess 2 strips goes to 1st channel of LNP, another 2 strips to 2nd channel of LNP and then usb from LNP goes to the motherboard usb 2.0 header. Am I right?

Last thing that I don´t know for sure is how to connect 2 fans from h100i. On this diagram is only shown pump connection. Not the fans. So I guess these two are going to MB fan and rgb headers? Will it be synchronized like that or I will need another RGB hub?

gik007yzsj711.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Thanks for your advices and have a nice day.

1 node for your 4 strips and another node or commander pro for the fans. there 2 light channels on each and the fan hub uses 6 so a node or commander can do up to 12 rgb fans. the aio is just connected like the node or commander using a internal usb port.

the commander pro has the ability to monitor your fans and set up pro files also has temp sensors and 2 internal usb headers. but it is 3 times the size of a node and it can only handle so many fans power what that is i don't no. i keep hearing around 4ish amps

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

So I can put up to 6 fans into one LNP using pwm splitters? (2x triple splitter for each channel)

15 hours ago, Kleofash said:

So I can put up to 6 fans into one LNP using pwm splitters? (2x triple splitter for each channel)

no the fan power has nothing to do with corsair the only thing that dose is there commander pro.

the 6 fan lighting hub is just for the lights. corsair uses 2 cables on there fans. one for light other for fan power.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

15 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

no the fan power has nothing to do with corsair the only thing that dose is there commander pro.

the 6 fan lighting hub is just for the lights. corsair uses 2 cables on there fans. one for light other for fan power.

I know, I was talking about rgb cables. They can´t be splited I guess? Can I at least stick that other 2 fans to LNP? ( 2 rgb cables to LNP and 2 power cables to MB fan headers)

And usb from that LNP should go to the CMD Pro, and so the second LNP with LED strips. There are 2 usb headers on CMD pro. Usb from aio will go to the MB.

And connection for the 6 fans goes like this: 6 power cables go to the CMD pro and 6 rgb cables to the fan hub. And fan hub is connected to the LED channel  on the CMD pro.

CMD pro usb is then connected to the usb header on the MB. (my MB has two 2.0 usb so that should be enough). And it´s all powered by 5 sata cables from psu -  CMD pro, Aio pump, fun hub and two LNP.

Am I finally on the right track? :)

Thank you for your patience

6 hours ago, Kleofash said:

I know, I was talking about rgb cables. They can´t be splited I guess? Can I at least stick that other 2 fans to LNP? ( 2 rgb cables to LNP and 2 power cables to MB fan headers)

And usb from that LNP should go to the CMD Pro, and so the second LNP with LED strips. There are 2 usb headers on CMD pro. Usb from aio will go to the MB.

And connection for the 6 fans goes like this: 6 power cables go to the CMD pro and 6 rgb cables to the fan hub. And fan hub is connected to the LED channel  on the CMD pro.

CMD pro usb is then connected to the usb header on the MB. (my MB has two 2.0 usb so that should be enough). And it´s all powered by 5 sata cables from psu -  CMD pro, Aio pump, fun hub and two LNP.

Am I finally on the right track? :)

Thank you for your patience

ya i think you got it haha. the fans rgb uses a 4 pin cable well the lnp and cp use 3 pin. so the 4pin fan connectors to the hub witch has 4pins and 1 cable that is 3 pin to one of the lnp or cp led channels. as for the strips it uses 3 pin cable so it go to the lnp or cp lighting channel bypassing the fan hub and pull power forn the lnp and cp (so the only recommend 4 strips max) dont no if this is pur channel or 4 strips each.

the 6 fan hub (aka lighting hub) pulls power from a sata cable and not from the lnp or cp so you can hook as may as you want with a custom cable. but 2 channels 2 hubs is max out the box on 1 lnp or cp.

i no that the lnp can support more power then the cp but i dont fully no the specs so asking corsair the best answer but i have read something about 4.xx amps max that why they recommend only 4 strips. and there strips cant be cut.

i have links in my sig about corsair and what the connectors are and how to use it. but im in the progresses of trying to make other non corsair stuff work with corsair i just been to lazy to make the cables haha.

a side note is your fans pull power from the cp + if you have strips on the channel's witch also pull power form the cp. if you go over the max 4.xx amps your have problems.

Edited by thrasher_565