Noob Question, but necessary

So I just recently purchased a custom built PC with a i9 9900k in it. I'm wondering if I will be able to upgrade to future cpu's without changing my entire motherboard? I know intel is dropping the 10th gen cpus (or has already) and I know its a larger chipset... Is this going to be the route they go down from now on or will they ever make another 14nm chipset (I believe thats the size of the 9th gen, i think 14nm++ and 10th gen is 14nm+++? not sure if I'm making sense just what I've read)... Now for those who give a s**t lol, heres my actual computer specs

p.s 

Sorry if I didnt post in the right place >_<

TimeSpy: 13,297
CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i9-9900K 3.60GHZ 16MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake)

GPU: GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6 (Turing)

RAM: 32GB (8GBx4) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA Spectrix D60G RGB)
BOARD: ASUS Prime Z390-P ATX
PSU:  1,600 Watts - LEPA G1600-MA 80 Plus Gold Certified Modular Power Supply

----
Display : ROG PG27V x 2

20 minutes ago, bignaz said:

It's Intel. Don't count on it. 

But whats that mean... lol. Yes I will have to change my motherboard or yes they will change chipsets back or.. lol

44 minutes ago, Marethyu said:

So I just recently purchased a custom built PC with a i9 9900k in it

are you really upgrading from top to top chip every new gen?

1 minute ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

are you really upgrading from top to top chip every new gen?

No of course not, I mean I'll upgrade every couple years of course, maybe 2 or 3? I don't know. I know I don't want to feel outdated and not be able to do anything about it

edit: without having to change my entire motherboard I mean

3 minutes ago, Marethyu said:

maybe 2 or 3? I don't know.

no, longest support is only 1 gen max in intel history

Ask us in 5 Years.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Worry about it when it's time to upgrade. If you're upgrading every 3 or 4 years, it's probably worth replacing the motherboard anyway.

Really, that CPU should last you a long time.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

You can count on needing a new monthboard. Why would they change now.

Heard they are going to switch to a new socket for comet lake (10th gen) even though nothing substantial really changed (it is still a 14nm cpu)

new socket for the 10th generation CPU, this is all fresh news but you cant trust intel with their marketing. But i think intel will launch a new socket for the new 10th gen might be LGA 2000 you never know?

They do new sockets all the time. It's just a way to milk money out of people. 

Now the next gen could have a few year life span "nothing close to the life span of there 14nm lmfao" as a response to AMD but they won't. Because they just want money and fanboys will give it to them.

That 1600w PSU though, are you heating your room with it ? :D 

On another note, Intel has said above is not known for upgrade path, will last you a while and the 10th gen is rumored to use a new socket.

1 hour ago, bignaz said:

They do new sockets all the time. It's just a way to milk money out of people. 

Now the next gen could have a few year life span "nothing close to the life span of there 14nm lmfao" as a response to AMD but they won't. Because they just want money and fanboys will give it to them.

To be fair the LGA1151 socket has been around for like 4 years now, its just the chipset support is a pain in the ass when it comes to Intel. Usually only 2 gens (Z370 for example was made for 8th gen & needs a BIOS update to support 9th gen processors) and then as far as Intel is concerned all of us can get ****ed

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

Haven't checked back in awhile, thank you all for all the info. Yeah I wasn't holding my breath I had a feeling I'd have to upgrade motherboards...at least this cpu will indeed, last a long time.