Asus Fan Xpert4 HELP

sabre350Z

So i have an Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming motherboard.

this came with a couple of programs in Asus Armoury crate, of which was Fan Xpert4, now i have run the automatic fan tuning and i have bottom fans and top fans (chimney effect in an Lian-Li PC O-11 Dynamic).

The bottom fans are right under the GPU and i tried to let them spin when the GPU is getting hot, so they would blow some fresh air over the GPU, but for some reason they wil not spin when i try to heat it up with someting like a benchmark.

image.thumb.png.b6cb01b8bb29de0037fff7e034e1ec41.png

As you can see, it nice and toasty and the fancurve is set so they would spin, the source is set as GPU Temp. and the yellow dot is where the temp. of the GPU is on the fancurve, but they won't spin.

Am i missing something?

10 hours ago, sabre350Z said:

As you can see, it nice and toasty and the fancurve is set so they would spin, the source is set as GPU Temp. and the yellow dot is where the temp. of the GPU is on the fancurve, but they won't spin.

Am i missing something?

Couple of things. In the box where CPU fan is shown top, it doesn't show speeds for any other fans. Have you done calibration for all fans?

You have the "Extreme Quiet" setting on. Now, I don't have Asus board so this is bit of quessing. But I think that limits max fan speed overall, or until you hit the "overheating" mark at 75C (which is super-low temp for anything).

Lastly, if I read that correctly, fans should be working as intended. If the two previous points aren't the issue. I would recommend using 3rd party monitoring software to verify fan speeds. For the odd reason if Asus software has some bug.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Couple of things. In the box where CPU fan is shown top, it doesn't show speeds for any other fans. Have you done calibration for all fans?

You have the "Extreme Quiet" setting on. Now, I don't have Asus board so this is bit of quessing. But I think that limits max fan speed overall, or until you hit the "overheating" mark at 75C (which is super-low temp for anything).

Lastly, if I read that correctly, fans should be working as intended. If the two previous points aren't the issue. I would recommend using 3rd party monitoring software to verify fan speeds. For the odd reason if Asus software has some bug.

To your first question, it's true my CPU fan doesn't show, i have a AIO where the fans are plugged in for the cpu and the AIO does have a feedback from the motherboard but it does'n show on the software and i have done calibration for all fans. you can test all those fans in the software and i can let them spin independently from well "group" to "group" since they are connected trough splitters. so one group is bottom fans and one group is top fans, 3 fans per group.

Extreme Quiet does not limit max fan speed it just lowers the fan curve i think, because when the pc heat up enough the fans wil still spin but the threshold is lower, and they are slower a bit but not to a standstill. and i tried other speed/performance settings, this didn't change anything. And the "overheating" tic off box doesn't change anything either. they don't spin when the CPU heats up, because i removed CPU temp from the sources and they did spin when CPU was in the source but i want to have my GPU in the source but that just doesnt respond.

i just wanted it to ramp up depending on GPU temp.

11 minutes ago, sabre350Z said:

To your first question, it's true my CPU fan doesn't show, i have a AIO where the fans are plugged in for the cpu and the AIO does have a feedback from the motherboard but it does'n show on the software and i have done calibration for all fans. you can test all those fans in the software and i can let them spin independently from well "group" to "group" since they are connected trough splitters. so one group is bottom fans and one group is top fans, 3 fans per group.

Extreme Quiet does not limit max fan speed it just lowers the fan curve i think, because when the pc heat up enough the fans wil still spin but the threshold is lower, and they are slower a bit but not to a standstill. and i tried other speed/performance settings, this didn't change anything. And the "overheating" tic off box doesn't change anything either. they don't spin when the CPU heats up, because i removed CPU temp from the sources and they did spin when CPU was in the source but i want to have my GPU in the source but that just doesnt respond.

i just wanted it to ramp up depending on GPU temp.

The software will react to the input of the CPU, PCH and motherboard temps, but not to the GPU

27 minutes ago, sabre350Z said:

The software will react to the input of the CPU, PCH and motherboard temps, but not to the GPU

Have you updated to latest BIOS?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Have you updated to latest BIOS?

yes, 0805 is the latest BIOS and dates from 31 Januari 2019

i have an Asus motherboard and Asus GPU, thats actually the thing, presuming they would communicate better if that would be possible, but they apparently don't

13 minutes ago, sabre350Z said:

yes, 0805 is the latest BIOS and dates from 31 Januari 2019

i have an Asus motherboard and Asus GPU, thats actually the thing, presuming they would communicate better if that would be possible, but they apparently don't

No, it's all about motherboard in this case. So it might be that mobo doesn't have proper support for GPU based controls.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LogicalDrm said:

No, it's all about motherboard in this case. So it might be that mobo doesn't have proper support for GPU based controls.

but the motherboard and the software can read/see the temps from the GPU but just doesn't respond, the GPU temp is right there the yellow dot is correct only difference i see is that when it's CPU or PCH or Motherboard temps the yellow dot follows the Fan curve on where it is sitting, with the GPU however, it sits at the bottom and there is a faded yellow dot where it actually would be sitting if it would follow the fan curve. So the software is getting the info but does nothing with it. So i thought i was missing like a setting maybe, but there is nothing like settings i can relate to this in the software

I have contacted Asus about it, we will see what they say. i have done everything i possible can i think.

- Latest Bios

- Latest GPU Driver

- Tried all the settings

and everything reacts perfect like it should, only GPU does nothing