Is Antec uncommon brand..?

dgsddfgdfhgs
1 minute ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

its products are often positioned at low price, did have some great psu & case, but somehow rarely see posts

They have been around since forever

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Antec used to have some really popular cases back in the day. The Antec Nine Hundred was super popular 10 years ago.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Antec was one of the first brands to start manufacturing quality PSUs on the turn of the millenium, when nobody knew how important PSUs are and there were only weird nonames on the market. 

Antec used to be a much more common brand (my old PC uses an Antec case+PSU combo), but since 2010 and further they kind of stopped innovating, which made it so certain brands were able to catch up or succeed them.

For example, their cases were becoming lack-luster, while brands like NZXT and Corsair were kind of catching up.

Nowadays I feel like people will have either:

- Never known they existed, thus perhaps not trusting them

- Used them/knew about them in the past, but forgot about them 

- Will do research into them and decide for themselves if Antec is a good brand for their purposes

I believe GamersNexus had a video in the past about them (vs. NZXT and Corsair and such..), no clue what it was named though.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I still use my Antec 300 with a fancy 550w Antec NeoECO Classic, might blow up some day though :D 

I even have a antec A30 cooler 9cm/ 3pin blue led fan / 4 heatpipe , not bad for its pprice ~USD8.5 lol

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Antec used to have some really popular cases back in the day. The Antec Nine Hundred was super popular 10 years ago.

I still have my OG Antec 900 around here somewhere.  Loved that case but oh the dust.

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

Antec to me is one of the dinosaurs.

I still own and use a antec nine hundred and three hundred. Sturdy cases.

But with the transition from fans to AIO's and the dust filters and all that QoL stuff cases have now, they are a bit absolete.

Then again, these cases require regular maintenance, while you're at it, do the whole system? So personally i still think they are strong cases and semi force you to maintain it.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti