Windows vs Mac OS

Anonymouse
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

The best OS is the one you're using and are comfortable with.

Hi all,

I'm trying to settle a argument to people I work with, one side is saying windows OS on the same machine uses there resources more inefficiently, while others say windows uses it just as well as Mac os,

What's the truth and is there any evidence to back up either claim

Forget the resources, its marginal at MOST. Windows 10 is better IMO simply because of the support for it. 

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

4 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Hi all,

I'm trying to settle a argument to people I work with, one side is saying windows OS on the same machine uses there resources more inefficiently, while others say windows uses it just as well as Mac os,

Each to their own perspective and opinion. Some like IPhone and some don't. You can argue this all day long so just use whatever you like

I like Windows 10 because customization and support

Windows is way more cluttered than any other operating system, MacOS is more efficient by a Longshot.

Not to say it makes a significant difference when both are at their most basic

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

20 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Hi all,

Arguing efficiency is a moot point, because efficiency depends on many factors. The only way you can tell, with any amount of accuracy, for specific programs or under specific loads, is to build 2 exact mirror systems, and have one install MacOS and one install Windows. Look at programs that are native to one OS and ported to the other, and they work better on their native OS than on the port.

Compare a Fortune 500 company to a company that barely clears annual revenue of 500K, and their processes to execute the same procedure will be vastly different, but both equally efficient for their respective scope.

The 2 systems are only similar in so much as they are OSes, they run on hardware, and they execute the same program types (internet browser, media player, etc.). Beyond that, it's a matter of preference. Do you like how MacOS does the thing here? Do you like how Windows does the thing there? If one was outright superior, the other would cease to exist, be competitive, or even have any cut of the market (high/low end, specific function, etc.).

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

Windows > Mac OS period.

Why?

Changing desktop background.

Windows: 2-3 steps. Desktop background changed in less than a minute

MacOS: I don't know how

There Windows is better, go with Windows.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

19 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Windows > Mac OS period.

Why?

Changing desktop background.

Windows: 2-3 steps. Desktop background changed in less than a minute

MacOS: I don't know how

There Windows is better, go with Windows.

I can't tell if this is a joke or not. 'I don't know how to change wallpaper on MacOS, so Windows is better'.

It's about the same way you'd change on windows. Right click, select "set as background image"

honestly, windows updates will break something

OSX is harder to break, but sometimes it's not very intuitive

i don't prefer either of them, i like windows having more applications etc, but i like quite a few small features on OSX

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

8 minutes ago, Retro_R said:

I can't tell if this is a joke or not. 'I don't know how to change wallpaper on MacOS, so Windows is better'.

It's about the same way you'd change on windows. Right click, select "set as background image"

I was being serious /s

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Lock pleaseeeeeeeeeee!

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

osx is definitely easier to use, just like iOS. Windows isn't necessarily harder to use, it's pretty straightforward but like fasauceome said, it's more cluttered. 

1 hour ago, Bacon soup said:

that is a lame topic for a technology debate

thank you so much for your useful input. 

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

-Thread Cleaned-

May lock soon.

please do lock, the question has been answered at this point and you already know this could go south

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

The best OS is the one you're using and are comfortable with.

One more before it gets locked.

How to change background on mac
1. setup bootcamp

2. Install Windows

3. Change desktop background in Windows

Congrats you have successfully change your background on a Mac!

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

1 hour ago, Anonymouse said:

I'm trying to settle a argument to people I work with

Thread locked. We don't allow these sorts of pointless arguments over which brand is best.

• No trolling or flame-bait.
    • This includes topics such as AMD vs NVIDIA, "company X sucks", and political or religious debates.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450